shmget

Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

Seeing some signs of life finishing leftover work being done on the NV towers. The tower on Rt 4 in Burlington at the high school is now broadcasting LTE, also the one in Canton where Rt 44, 202 and 179 meet is finally LTE too. Fairly recent turned on, just went thru the Canton one within the last month and was definitely still 3G. Mapped it on Sensorly.

I've noticed faster LTE acquisitions near 69 as well. I assume it's due to the high school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CT siting website updated and there are a lot of permits issued for 2.5ghz upgrades 

• Like 3

The CT siting website updated and there are a lot of permits issued for 2.5ghz upgrades 

Noticed that — late December. No?

14 hours ago, Johnner1999 said:

Noticed that — late December. No?

Just got updated on Jan 12th Last time it was updated was Oct 11th

Edited by S4GRU
Fixed quotation error
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kevster1321 said:
Just got updated on Jan 12th Last time it was updated was Oct 11th

Sorry

I meant update to install.

54 minutes ago, Johnner1999 said:

Sorry

I meant update to install.

Yeah I dont know if it's issued date or if it's when the tower gets completed 

I traveled and mapped on Sensorly from Chestnut Hill, MA to New Haven and dropped LTE in that one spot along I-84 right by the MA/CT border. I wonder what it'll take to get Sprint to fill that last coverage hole in. Additionally, I spotted 10x10 Band 25 just outside of New Haven but as far as I can tell New Haven only has 5x5.

I'm also experiencing quite a bit of congestion during the day. I'm uncertain if it's a regular thing or if it's just because of the conference going on at Yale that brought in another 1,000+ students from other universities this weekend but the network has been struggling during peak times unlike in NYC or even Boston. When I'm outdoors, I have no issues and speeds are as high as 80Mbps but once I go indoors, it's hit or miss. Luckily it isn't limited to Sprint though because my friends on other carriers were experiencing poor reception or in some cases, no signal at all while I'd have 1-2 bars of LTE indoors.

Upgraded backhaul in Downtown Meriden (West Main St). Was maxing out at 40Mbps a few days ago on 2 channels. Now 140+!

FDACF8A6-C8BC-4ED9-AF8E-DDEA7DB8983D.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, banananuts87 said:

Upgraded backhaul in Downtown Meriden (West Main St). Was maxing out at 40Mbps a few days ago on 2 channels. Now 140+!

FDACF8A6-C8BC-4ED9-AF8E-DDEA7DB8983D.png

Was a new carrier or perhaps a new site brought online? That's more likely to have caused a change like that versus backhaul. 

12 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Was a new carrier or perhaps a new site brought online? That's more likely to have caused a change like that versus backhaul. 

Still says 2 carriers like before. 

3 minutes ago, banananuts87 said:

Still says 2 carriers like before. 

Any change to signal strength? Do you use Signal Check or any other signal monitoring app to know if you're connecting to a new site?

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Any change to signal strength? Do you use Signal Check or any other signal monitoring app to know if you're connecting to a new site?

I have an iPhone. Using the field test and the numbers are the same. Full bars as usual. 

The clear tower is a block away from my job. 

6 minutes ago, banananuts87 said:

I have an iPhone. Using the field test and the numbers are the same. Full bars as usual. 

The clear tower is a block away from my job. 

Interesting, it's possible the change was backhaul. Most sites have had adequate backhaul for some time. They have been adding a 3rd carrier to Clear sites recently. Maybe they are preparing for that.

• Like 1

Interesting, it's possible the change was backhaul. Most sites have had adequate backhaul for some time. They have been adding a 3rd carrier to Clear sites recently. Maybe they are preparing for that.

Is only certain markets Clear sites can do 3rd carrier?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Is only certain markets Clear sites can do 3rd carrier?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The last generation of Samsung dual-mode RRUs are able to do 3 carriers. Most markets that still have Clearwire B41 should have at least some of those, as the Huawei sites were all replaced with Nokia mini-macros. 

I'm getting lost in the CT siting website, looking for Fairfield county permits. Any way to look up permits by town ?

I'm getting lost in the CT siting website, looking for Fairfield county permits. Any way to look up permits by town ?
Yes in the spreadsheet.... But I believe it's old from Jan 2018

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

8T8R is coming to Meriden! The site on Paddock Ave. is going tri-band!!!!!

if only Sprint did the same for the site in 55 Michael drive in Meriden. It’ll fill a huge hole.