Report Shentel LTE Sightings Here

Shentel has a tower directly across from Lake Wildwood near HACC in Susquehanna Township which has been getting NV'd the past few days. All the new panels were up today and they were hooking up the RRU's.

• Like 1

Got a great signal driving through Elkton, VA on Route 33. Pretty unexpected since just several minutes earlier, I had intermittent roaming coverage driving across Shenandoah National Park. I really hope Ntelos gets its act together soon... :(

Here's the info for the tower I got on 33. I also think I was the one who caught that blip in Harrisonburg. I was sitting in Chipotle listening to the apply announcement when I flipped over to LTE for e few seconds. Didn't see it afterwards, though. Also of interest, the changeover from Shentel to nTelos happened around Mt Crawford/Weyers Cave, just north of Blue Ridge Community College and the Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport.

Screenshot_2012-10-23-12-57-07.pngScreenshot_2012-10-24-09-41-22.png

Any chance you can head up 81 north of Harrisonburg a bit? There's a pocket of LTE I hit a week ago Monday between MM256-263 that for whatever reason Sensorly didn't catch and map properly.

On a side note, I should be heading back up to PA in about 2 1/2 weeks and can try to get it mapped again myself.

I will be going from Dulles to Harrisonburg on Friday running Sensorly the whole trip to see what I pick up. By way of 28 to 66 to 81. Picking up from the station off of Pleasant Valley with a stop at Walker.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Shentel has a tower directly across from Lake Wildwood near HACC in Susquehanna Township which has been getting NV'd the past few days. All the new panels were up today and they were hooking up the RRU's.

This tower is now 3G live. I connect to it when I'm at work. Shentel had stated they weren't adding carrier capacity prior to NV and I can see the impact. I've gone from pulling ~700k/s to 2.5mb/s now that the new antennas are live. Clearly Shentel had backhaul in place for quite a while here as in off hours I would pull near 2 mb/s since sometime early in 2012. Also, in the building I work in I went from having ~-85db EVDO connections to -79/-80db readings.

• Like 2

I feel like I'm taking over this thread but they are working directly through my area. Shentel has a tower directly off the I-81/Progress Ave. exit back on Commerce Drive. The tower is located on top of a PPL high tension line pole. There are ~7 PPL trucks there unhooking the high tension lines from the pole. It appears they are replacing the entire structure with a new one. A crane is in place as well. I suppose it would make sense that if PPL were planning on replacing these poles anyway, while Shentel's work is being done they might as well place a new one. A similar situation occurred a few poles down from this one where Verizon has antennas on top of another one of the poles. I'll post pictures later when I get a chance to swing by after work.

• Like 2

I feel like I'm taking over this thread but they are working directly through my area. Shentel has a tower directly off the I-81/Progress Ave. exit back on Commerce Drive. The tower is located on top of a PPL high tension line pole. There are ~7 PPL trucks there unhooking the high tension lines from the pole. It appears they are replacing the entire structure with a new one. A crane is in place as well. I suppose it would make sense that if PPL were planning on replacing these poles anyway' date=' while Shentel's work is being done they might as well place a new one. A similar situation occurred a few poles down from this one where Verizon has antennas on top of another one of the poles. I'll post pictures later when I get a chance to swing by after work.[/quote']

As long as you have something relevant to say, you just keep talking. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I notice there's a nice new stretch of LTE along I-81 on the north side of Harrisonburg, VA mapped on Sensorly, though it drops off before the pocket I hit a week and a half ago.(stretches up till roughly about MM252).

Passed an A/L van packing up for the end of the day working on the panels on the Exxon sign on I81 exit 310. Looks like they just started work there in the passed couple days.

Here is a little more that I got on the way back, by the way will be down there tomorrow too. th_2012-10-25_19-01-51.png th_2012-10-25_19-01-09.png the time frame from2:31 pm to 7:00 pm was along I 81 with the last 2 being LTE in Harrisonburg at 7:00 pm th_2012-10-25_23-22-29.png

I notice there's a nice new stretch of LTE along I-81 on the north side of Harrisonburg, VA mapped on Sensorly, though it drops off before the pocket I hit a week and a half ago.(stretches up till roughly about MM252).

Yeah that was my doing.

• Like 1

Yeah the switch over from Shentel to Ntelos happens just north of exit 235 as you get to the top of the hill in all the trees as I remember back before smart phones, I used to always drop calls right there. That was when a buddy of mine worked for Ntelos and he said they had problems with the Shentel handshaking off to Ntelos but not Ntelos Handshaking off to Shentel. That is why I would only drop calls heading south.

Here's the info for the tower I got on 33. I also think I was the one who caught that blip in Harrisonburg. I was sitting in Chipotle listening to the apply announcement when I flipped over to LTE for e few seconds. Didn't see it afterwards, though. Also of interest, the changeover from Shentel to nTelos happened around Mt Crawford/Weyers Cave, just north of Blue Ridge Community College and the Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport.

The tower on I81 at exit 302 on the Liberty sign is now active

https://www.dropbox....%2002.44.51.png

EDIT: Looks like someone mapped in Wardensville, WV and Berryville, VA in the past few days.

That would be me. Was supposed to go to Harrisonburg of Friday but ended up going to Hagerstown. Caught me by surprise when I saw the 4G indicator lite up coming down Mt. Weather and in Berryville.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2