Report Shentel LTE Sightings Here

Another New Shentel NV Upgrade.

Site was turned on 10-17-2012, located east of Waynesboro, Pa in the village of Rouzerville.

You can drive right up to the site.

Approximate address -11220 Airport Rd, Waynesboro,Pa.

This site does serve mostly the rural area east of Waynesboro. Waynesboro has several other sites that are not converted to NV yet.

Speed near the site ---26 down and about 12-15 up. Some mapping on Sensorly has been done.

This site is just north of the Ringgold., Md site and there is some overlap of the signals. No dead spot between them. More Sensorly mapping will make it look better.

• Like 2

Anyone that lives either between Strasburg & Harrisonburg or otherwise near Harrisonburg, if you have some time and can afford the gas, try mapping between MM's 256 to roughly 263 on I-81 north of Harrisonburg. I was able to get LTE in this range coming back from PA Monday, but for whatever reason Sensorly apparently didn't pick that up from my phone it seems. There's still nothing showing up on the map 2 days later anyway.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rzb2l2cxbe8w7b0/yfNcmqm5ew Heres a different view of the panels at exit 307

Robert, there's another one on an Exxon sign in Winchester at exit 310. Hopefully they upgrade that one soon, it's so overloaded that dial up is faster and more reliable.

• Like 1

I got some mapping done in Front Royal today. It seemed like I picked it up sooner than I did the other week but can't be sure.

The panels at exit 307 have been painted black since yesterday but I couldn't get any pictures of them.

It seems a friend of mine who lives in Stephen city is experience of Sprints/Shentel LTE love. He posted on Facebook a speedtest of 22mb dl.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Looks like we have some LTE popping up to the east of Harrisonburg, VA. I wonder if it's in Harrisonburg proper?

I think it's on top of that mountain to the East on the way to Elkton. Shentel has a site up there.

Robert

There was site with live LTE north of Harrisonburg along I-81 a week ago today as well as I've mentioned before, roughly between MM256-MM263 that still needs to be re-mapped in Sensorly if its still live.

Greatest name for a mountain. Massanutten we used to have a joke as kids. when the white man would ask his native guide what that mountain was they would say "Mass of Nothin'" but the White man thought they were saying Massanutten. There is a small ski resort up in the cradle of the mountain.

I think it's on top of that mountain to the East on the way to Elkton. Shentel has a site up there.

Robert

• Like 1

Do we have a count of how many total Shentel sites there are somewhere? Not just LTE-upgraded ones?

No. We have no Shentel sources. But we do have some great S4GRU members in Shentel Land who feed me data of live sites from observations.

Robert

No. We have no Shentel sources. But we do have some great S4GRU members in Shentel Land who feed me data of live sites from observations.

Robert

Could have sworn that I saw a site count /somewhere/...if I recall correctly the count was in the twenties or thirties but I could be wrong.

Could have sworn that I saw a site count /somewhere/...if I recall correctly the count was in the twenties or thirties but I could be wrong.

I do list the weekly site count in the update every Sunday. But not a running total.

Robert

I do list the weekly site count in the update every Sunday. But not a running total.

Robert

Right; this was a post made by someone else, either here or potentially in another forum. Lots of specifics, I know ::rollseyes::

Do we have a count of how many total Shentel sites there are somewhere? Not just LTE-upgraded ones?

Shentel has 510 cell sites. 434 of them are EVDO enabled and the EVDO covers 94% of their POP's.

The plan is to upgrade 274 cell sites in 2012 and 236 in 2013.

• Like 3

Shentel has 510 cell sites. 434 of them are EVDO enabled and the EVDO covers 94% of their POP's.

The plan is to upgrade 274 cell sites in 2012 and 236 in 2013.

Do you have maps or coordinates of the towers? Any idea of what is scheduled for this year and what is for next year?

Do you have maps or coordinates of the towers? Any idea of what is scheduled for this year and what is for next year?

No, I do not have access to Shentel maps at all. I suspect that they are upgrading the sites that are the easiest. Some are Shentel owned and that helps. Some are much easier to install backhaul. Some are almost impossible to install backhaul. Some may have a permitting issue or a landlord issue.

• Like 1