Report Shentel LTE Sightings Here

I am starting a new thread to track live LTE Shentel sightings here. We will add these locations to the NV Sites Complete map.

We currently have one confirmed LTE location confirmed in Hagerstown, Maryland at: 39.64,-77.70

Please post your Speed Test screen shots which show your GPS Coords, like this one:

gallery_1_1_51252.png

Shentel coverage areas run along the I-81 corridor from Southern Virginia, through Western Maryland up in to Central Pennsylvania around Harrisburg.

• Like 3

LTE has been sited in Lawerence' date=' KS[/quote']

First Lawrence e sighting was about 10 days ago. We have a staff member in Lawrence. And Lawrence is not in a Shentel area.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

First Lawrence e sighting was about 10 days ago. We have a staff member in Lawrence. And Lawrence is not in a Shentel area.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Good to know, I didn't see it posted.. my bad, daughter just got an LTE phone so first I'd heard of it.

Since Sprint doesn't officially say they have LTE coverage in this shentel area it's likely they are just testing it for now, right? Is it likely they will end the coverage before they are ready to officially support LTE in this area? I saw them say something to that effect about LTE coverage in San Fran when people started to report having it. Just wondering before I choose the carrier for my next phone.

Since Sprint doesn't officially say they have LTE coverage in this shentel area it's likely they are just testing it for now, right? Is it likely they will end the coverage before they are ready to officially support LTE in this area? I saw them say something to that effect about LTE coverage in San Fran when people started to report having it. Just wondering before I choose the carrier for my next phone.

Shentel is just in a testing phase, so LTE coverage will be in and out for a little while. But it shouldn't be too long before it is on permanently. It will start with just a few sites. And then coverage will grow over the weeks and months.

Robert

Shentel is just in a testing phase, so LTE coverage will be in and out for a little while. But it shouldn't be too long before it is on permanently. It will start with just a few sites. And then coverage will grow over the weeks and months.

Robert

Mine in Hagerstown goes in and out a lot.

Went to dinner at Dukes in Wormleysburg with the wife. Her SIII picked up LTE, my EVO wouldn't. Guess that lends some credence to the EVO criticisms. I have a speedtest I'll post in a bit, ~11mb down, forget the upload, she's on her phoone right now. Couldn't pick it up in downtown Harrisburg however, so it definitely is going through periods of being blocked/unblocked.

• Like 1

Shentel turned on another LTE site. Upgraded an old site to Network Vision with LTE.

At Ringgold, Md just northeast of Hagerstown, Md.

I drove by it in several directions and it shows on the Sensorly Map.

28-29 meg down and about 12-14 up sitting along the road next to the site.

Located near 13840 Smithsburg Pike (Route 64), Smithsburg, Md. in an apple orchard high on a hill.

While this site has a Smithsburg address, it does not really reach into the village of Smithsburg.

The site(s) covering that village is not converted to NV yet.

• Like 1

So it would appear that Shentel is taking the same approach as Sprint(outside of Chicago) and is hitting sites all over their footprint, rather than focusing on one area at a time. We have sites upgraded in Lebanon, PA, Harrisburg, PA, Hagerstown, MD etc.

I've picked up LTE in Front Royal, VA, Stevens City VA, and in the lower part of Winchester, VA. While it hasn't been full coverage, the speeds average from 10-16Mbps down and around 5-10Mbps and peaking at 20Mbps down.

I've been seeing an Alcatel Lucent van 2-3 times a week for the past few weeks.

• Like 1

I've picked up LTE in Front Royal, VA, Stevens City VA, and in the lower part of Winchester, VA. While it hasn't been full coverage, the speeds average from 10-16Mbps down and around 5-10Mbps and peaking at 20Mbps down.

This is great news. The next time you get LTE signals in these areas, if you could run the Sensorly app and plot these areas, we would really appreciate it. It's how we track new coverages in Shentel areas. Thanks!

Robert

Bakedc4-- YES, as Robert just said in the previous post, grab the Sensorly App from the app store, It is Free. Boot it on your phone and click on "Map Trip" Do this when you are out traveling around especially any area that you know has 4G. It will use your phone to record the locations of the 4G and post it on the Sensorly Map. When you get home, then take a peek at the Sensorly map on your PC. This app does use your phone to collect the 4G data and send it to Sensorly. You have to allow GPS to function on your phone and be willing to allow the program to report the data to the web site.

Two helpful hints --- Plug your phone into a power cord if you do this for hours as it does take some power although not real excessive. Remember to turn off Sensorly when you are not using it.

I have been doing this around Hagerstown, Md and a cell site just N.E. of there. Take a look on Sensorly at what just one person can do. I had talked to a Lucent technician and it probably was the one you seen. He mentioned several sites in your area but he did not volunteer any exact site names or villages.

• Like 1

Unless something happens to change plans last minute, I'll be making a road trip to (Friday) and from (Monday) the Harrisburg PA area by way of I-40/I-81....I'm going to try and keep Sensory active the entire trip up and back, so I may catch some Shentel areas along the way (particularly Winchester area that's mentioned if its live and reaching as far as the interstate). Will also make a point to have it on/mapping if I end up doing any driving in H-burg proper.

• Like 1

Unless something happens to change plans last minute, I'll be making a road trip to (Friday) and from (Monday) the Harrisburg PA area by way of I-40/I-81....I'm going to try and keep Sensory active the entire trip up and back, so I may catch some Shentel areas along the way (particularly Winchester area that's mentioned if its live and reaching as far as the interstate). Will also make a point to have it on/mapping if I end up doing any driving in H-burg proper.

I think what i picked up in lower Winchester/Kernstown may have been coming from Stevens City as I only connected when I was facing towards Stevens City. I couldn't pick up a lte signal on I81 between Winchester and Stevens City.