Chicago and Boston LTE discoverable on Sept 21

Rasta Cheesehead

The Chicago market extends past Rockford to Freeport and Dixon to the west, La Salle to the SW, Kankakee to the south, Portage IN to the east and the Wisconsin border to the north.

They are putting LTE on all the sites in the market. All of them. Even the rural sites. Even sites in DeKalb, Marengo, Ottawa, Rochelle, Matteson, Kentwood, Valparaiso. All of them.

New here, been a lurker for a bit. Anyhow, I'm skeptical. Very skeptical.

I live in Mokena, about 8 miles west of Matteson, right along Interstate 80. NEVER got WiMax on our orig EVOs here. Heck, right now, this instant, in our "downtown area", no Sprint coverage whatsoever. This is truly Sprint's last chance, otherwise, we gone ASAP.

Don't get me wrong, I've been pleased with dealing with Sprint, but selling me services that never arrive for 2.5 years, kinda makes me look like a fool.

I live in Mokena, about 8 miles west of Matteson, right along Interstate 80. NEVER got WiMax on our orig EVOs here. Heck, right now, this instant, in our "downtown area", no Sprint coverage whatsoever. This is truly Sprint's last chance, otherwise, we gone ASAP.

Don't get me wrong, I've been pleased with dealing with Sprint, but selling me services that never arrive for 2.5 years, kinda makes me look like a fool.

WiMAX is a whole other animal. Sprint licensed WiMAX from Clearwire. Sprint is now building its own LTE network. There are only about 100 towers out of 38,000 across the country that won't get LTE by 2013/2014.

Hello lurker. Fortunately for us, the difference between the WiMax deployment and the current deployment is night and day.

WiMax deployment was handled by another company called Clearwire. And it was never intended to go nationwide over the entire Sprint network. Clearwire had plans/funding for only the Top 100 markets in the country and tentative plans to go to the Top 125 markets. Also, Clearwire did not deploy out over the entire Sprint market area in places where they deployed, only over what it deemed was the market area of a city.

Clearwire ran into financial problems and stopped deploying in late 2010. After only deploying in approximately 70 markets. Far short of their plans. However, places like Mokena and Matteson would have never likely received WiMax under the original plans, even if Clearwire had never run into problems. The frequencies that Clearwire and WiMax used were not good for deployment in the exurbs and rurals. They were ideal for more high capacity areas and dense urban centers.

Now move forward to the present. Sprint is now upgrading its entire network in a program called Network Vision. In Network Vision they are upgrading every single piece of hardware/equipment at every single site in the country. All 38,000+ sites. Even in places like Mokena and Matteson. Every one of Sprint's native sites in the country are being upgraded to Network Vision standards. Sprint will have a brand new state of the art, singularly tied together cohesive network, that includes 1x voice, upgraded 3G and 4G LTE.

4G LTE is a part of the Network Vision upgrade. So it is being added at virtually every single Sprint site in the country. There are less than 100 sites out of the 38,000 that will not be getting LTE. And that is because those sites can't get the upgrades for reasons outside of Sprint's control.

If you become a S4GRU Sponsor, you can see all the sites that get completed and accepted by Sprint in every market, every week. There even is already a completed LTE site in Matteson (and several in Joliet). You will be able to see how Sprint is deploying over the entire market, all the way to the Wisconsin border, over to Rockford/Freeport, down to Kankakee and east into Indiana. This deployment is completely different and nothing like the previous WiMax deployment.

And your market is much farther along than most others. By the end of 2013, the Chicago market will be one of the best in the country for Sprint LTE. In fact, there will be more Sprint LTE coverage in your market than AT&T by far, even than Verizon in many rural areas.

Robert

• Like 1

Nice. Cooooome oooon rockford! haha. Very interesting about being one of the best networks. I noticed in the completion thread that the chi town complete % is rather far surpassing every other Stage 1 market. Great to be "northen mid-westerners" right now with sprint.

~ TF101 on Revolver4.2.1

Currently OC'ed to 1.4, with Guevor's v22.6

Nice. Cooooome oooon rockford! haha. Very interesting about being one of the best networks. I noticed in the completion thread that the chi town complete % is rather far surpassing every other Stage 1 market. Great to be "northen mid-westerners" right now with sprint.

~ TF101 on Revolver4.2.1

Currently OC'ed to 1.4, with Guevor's v22.6

A site is live in Rockford today. Out on East State near the Tollway. Probably more soon.

Robert

• Like 1

Does any sponsor know how far along Deerfield IL is?

About 38-60 minutes along the the Metra Milwaukee District - North Line from Chicago. According to http://en.wikipedia....field,_Illinois

I will remind you that the posting guidelines prohibit posting sponsor content outside the sponsor forums.

Sponsor Content. Content posted by S4GRU (including data and maps) in Sponsor and Premier Sponsor sections are not for distribution or to be posted outside of Sponsor and Premier Sponsor forums. Exceptions to this are only to be given by the S4GRU Administrator and permission must be received in writing. S4GRU is dependent on donations to keep the site active. Violating these rules may cause S4GRU to not be able to raise the funds necessary to keep online. When violaters are discovered, their S4GRU accounts will be terminated and no refunds given.

http://s4gru.com/ind...-aka-the-rulez/

There is information about becoming a sponsor here, but we understand if you elect not to sponsor the continuation of this website. Just please refrain from asking for sponsor information if you choose not to help out. Thanks

http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

Does any sponsor know how far along Deerfield IL is?

There is already a site live on the west side of Deerfield off Lake Cook Road. If you become a Sponsor, you have access to our sites complete map that updates every week. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

A site is live in Rockford today. Out on East State near the Tollway. Probably more soon.

Robert

no way! I rode past there on the way to work, but caught no LTE, wuah wuah. We'll see we'll see

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

no way! I rode past there on the way to work, but caught no LTE, wuah wuah. We'll see we'll see

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It went live today. However, when you are back in the area, be sure to cycle through airplane mode. EVO LTE is not known for connecting to LTE on its own very well.

Robert

I had it for about 20 mins. I am in middle of Boston and Providence,, it was wonderful

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

I see a blip on Sensorly appeared in North Attleborough today. Was that you?

Robert

So I feel like pretty hardcore nerd right now. No license, so biked this while path to map this sheeet! Hahau3emetug.jpg

~Stock 2.13 LTEvo Certified replacement with screen bleed... waiting for second replacement tomorrow... :o

P.S. Stock blows!

• Like 2

So I feel like pretty hardcore nerd right now. No license' date=' so biked this while path to map this sheeet! Haha

~Stock 2.13 LTEvo Certified replacement with screen bleed... waiting for second replacement tomorrow... :o

P.S. Stock blows![/quote']

That is hardcore. Awesome!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Ive mapped like 30 miles on my bike (3g not 4g)

If youre ever in Clovis, CA, 95% of the sensorly mapping was me.

Nyoiiice

P.S. Stock blows!

Ive mapped like 30 miles on my bike (3g not 4g)

If youre ever in Clovis, CA, 95% of the sensorly mapping was me.

Does mapping 3g still work? Can't seem to do it anymore. I mapped 4g in Kansas just fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2