Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

And I was at a hockey game last night with only 5,000 fans. And my AT&T data was unusable most of the night. There is no perfect provider when a sector gets overloaded. My texts to AJ would time out half the time and I would have to resend over and over again.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I was in Bay View today and wasn't picking up any LTE along Kinnickinnic, just mostly slow 3G. LTE seemed fine when I was near the lakefront/downtown MKE, was getting ~8-9Mbps down 50ms pings.

I was in Bay View today and wasn't picking up any LTE along Kinnickinnic, just mostly slow 3G. LTE seemed fine when I was near the lakefront/downtown MKE, was getting ~8-9Mbps down 50ms pings.

I wasn't getting on Saturday either.  Hopefully they are working on something. 

On the western side of campus in Madison, and I picked up some B26!  Will post screenshots later after work.  Noticed roughly a 12-15 dBm gain vs. B25 in my office.  It's coming!  (Note:  it almost immediately went away, so probably in testing.  Or it just kicked me off of B26 and put me back on B25 since I get a B25 signal in my office... however it is rather weak at -110 to -118 dBm) 

• Like 1

Probably the University Ave tower then. I'll get my friend with the N5 to check it out. I need the S5 to come out already!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I know that the N5 still has weird issues trying to get onto B26...  But hopefully your friend will be able to verify. 

Also, I noticed that even though it parks on B25, whenever I need to use data it automatically jumps back to B26 since I have such a weak B25 signal.  Overall, lookin good!

Oh and it has to either be the University tower or the one on West Washington.  I'm by Union South and my 1x typically bounces between the two.

I know that the N5 still has weird issues trying to get onto B26...  But hopefully your friend will be able to verify. 

Also, I noticed that even though it parks on B25, whenever I need to use data it automatically jumps back to B26 since I have such a weak B25 signal.  Overall, lookin good!

Oh and it has to either be the University tower or the one on West Washington.  I'm by Union South and my 1x typically bounces between the two.

I'm in the Biochem Building, real close to you.  When I pull out of the Lot 17 ramp driving towards the Union South, I will switch from University Ave to West Wash, most likely due to the hill behind Camp Randall.  I bet you're on the West Wash tower.

I'm in the Biochem Building, real close to you.  When I pull out of the Lot 17 ramp driving towards the Union South, I will switch from University Ave to West Wash, most likely due to the hill behind Camp Randall.  I bet you're on the West Wash tower.

Well, I'm in the Comp Sci building, and I just had a rather weird occurrence.  I went down to the basement to check out the signal there, and it was actually higher (-84 dBm)...  Sort of has me wondering if it is some sort of a small cell (I couldn't even get 3G down there before).  I hope it isn't that though, I would much rather it be the start of the spread of B26 all throughout the area.

• Like 1

I'm picking up LTE from what I believe is Henry St. near the Capitol but out at Seminole Hwy and Nakoma? I am definitely connected to 800 for voice out here, but I believe that 1900 LTE is also coming from that same site. Can anyone up by the Capitol confirm that they have strong LTE near Henry Street. If this is true, that would be a new site broadcasting LTE.

I'm picking up LTE from what I believe is Henry St. near the Capitol but out at Seminole Hwy and Nakoma? I am definitely connected to 800 for voice out here, but I believe that 1900 LTE is also coming from that same site. Can anyone up by the Capitol confirm that they have strong LTE near Henry Street. If this is true, that would be a new site broadcasting LTE.

Yeah, I noticed a 3rd GCI on campus today using SignalCheck, and I drove close to that site on Henry St. and was receiving a very strong LTE signal.  I'm not sure if it was that site or the West Washington site that I was receiving B26 from.  Had to be one of them though.  I was able to rule out the University Ave site on my way home from work.

Yeah, I noticed a 3rd GCI on campus today using SignalCheck, and I drove close to that site on Henry St. and was receiving a very strong LTE signal. I'm not sure if it was that site or the West Washington site that I was receiving B26 from. Had to be one of them though. I was able to rule out the University Ave site on my way home from work.

If it was strong near Henry, it's probably Henry with new LTE. It was dead near there despite the Washington tower being almost in line of sight. That's great news!

Probably the University Ave tower then. I'll get my friend with the N5 to check it out. I need the S5 to come out already!

My N5 doesn't pick up B26 from any of the confirmed sites I've been near... though everything on my phone is stock as far as the radio.  I've got all the bands enabled and B26 set as first for priority.

Hey, so... Did anyone in here switch to one of those framily plans? I got 2 lines I kind of want to hook up to a framily plan. Both are off-contract right now, one is from AT&T. The other line is mine. I'm on Sprint right now, but believe I could port my number over to a different prepaid service, then port back in to Sprint. Anyone have a framily ID they'd like to share and add 2 more lines?

PM'ing you right now with my Framily ID if you are still interested.  Currently have 4 on the group, so with 2 more we'd be at $30 per line.

Edit: And I have that offer for the $200 prepaid Visa for porting in a number.  Be sure to mention that when using my Framily  Not sure how that works, but if you can get a little extra money, why not.

Just an update, the Brown Deer/I-43 tower is now broadcasting B26. Where I hardly had service before, I know have 2 bars of LTE.

Nice! I can't wait to see more of that! I also can't wait to get my hands on the new HTC One so I can actually take advantage of that sweet 800Mhz LTE.

This is very interesting. Appears Sprint has a new tower at Mt. Mary in Milwaukee where coverage had always been horrible. I'm here once a week and always roaming inside even right by a window. No LTE yet and I hope it is still in progress because data is hit or miss. a4a8ydu4.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I noticed an additional B26 site on my way home today from Madison.  I picked it up on Hwy 12 close to the Hwy 19 intersection by Waunakee.  Not entirely sure which site is actually broadcasting it though because it was a rather weak signal and honestly with the propagation of B26 could've been any of the sites on the northern end of the Madison area. 

Still, another sign of progress!

Update from New Berlin...  It seems as though today LTE has finally made it to the tower on Calhoun.  A very welcome improvement in my book considering I would consistently be roaming at my desk in April of last year and now i have LTE in the same spot!

Update from New Berlin...  It seems as though today LTE has finally made it to the tower on Calhoun.  A very welcome improvement in my book considering I would consistently be roaming at my desk in April of last year and now i have LTE in the same spot!

Awwww Snap! Seriously?? That's awesome! That tower covers such a large area since there aren't any others near it. I was waiting for that sucker to go live! Glad to hear it! I hope they're throwing 800Mhz LTE in while they're there anyways :)

Awwww Snap! Seriously?? That's awesome! That tower covers such a large area since there aren't any others near it. I was waiting for that sucker to go live! Glad to hear it! I hope they're throwing 800Mhz LTE in while they're there anyways :)

Whoa, aackmann with the "honored premier sponsor"?  Good work! 

For those with map access still, the isthmus towers downtown Madison have LTE now with good speed.  Mapped those on my drive through there the other day.  I'm assuming some B26 might be on those towers too?