Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Still no LTE on my Nexus 5 in Waukesha. Why is it taking so long to enable the eCSFB on those towers that are all complete? All the towers in West Allis that are complete have it.

Hey, West Allis should be referred to as "The Dirty Dirty" and Waukesha as "West, West Allis"

• Like 1

Anyone else in the Milwaukee/Menomonee Falls area having data problems today?

My eHRPD signal seems to go in and out all morning.  The 1x800 is very strong though.

Maybe they're doing some work on the tower my signal is coming from.

My eHRPD signal seems to go in and out all morning.  The 1x800 is very strong though.

As much as I want LTE, I hope no one is out working on towers in this weather.  I'm not expecting much progress until it starts to warm up.

• Like 1

Not in the Falls or Milwaukee, but yesterday had issues with data in Hartland near Hartbrook Mall and downtown Wauwatosa.  Both were 3G, excellent signal but unusable data.  The Tosa tower didn't surprise me at all since I've never gotten decent data there, but I figured Hartland would have been usable (should be LTE there, but wasn't last night... maybe with an airplane mode cycle it would have connected).  Any of the LTE areas I've been in the past day or so were fine.

Having data issues today in Merton.  SignalCheck says I'm connected to eHRPD, but I don't have a 3G indicator and I cannot connect to the network.  I will assume they are doing work, it's been like this all day.

Yeah, they must be doing something around here or something is wrong.  3G has been mostly unusable in Pewaukee today.. occasionally dropping to 1x for data (on 800).  I can connect to LTE from the same tower in some parts of the building I'm in - when I get that, data is fine.

Was extremely happy to wake up and have 4G here in South Milwaukee today.  I see LTE has been mapped a bit on Sensorly in S.M, but I personally never was able to get a signal.  Decent speeds at 12mb down and 8 up.  Its been a good day :)

Dschoenike

Mine too.... dropped below 50% by the end of the work day... usually I'm still in the 60s or 70s by then for battery. 3G was back to normal late afternoon... levels in signalcheck even seemed better for whatever reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Is there any further information on downtown Milwaukee light up of ecsfb?  3G is so slow as to be basically unusable, but I don't get LTE on my triband phone.

Not sure if it has to do with ecsfb. I have an S4, which I don't believe to be tri-band, and I still don't have 4G.

I am getting 4G where I work in Greenfield though. Averaging 14mbps down and 4 mbps up. Not bad.

Anyone else having 3G data issues the past 3-5 days on NV towers?  It's been mostly unusable for me, except Weds. afternoon... worse than pre-NV and draining the battery quickly.  In my experience LTE on the same towers, if they have it, works fine.  Working on eCSFB?

Looks like ecsfb is enabled on one of the Waukesha towers on 164 & 59 by Walmart. Have not checked the rest yet.

My N5 has been in and out of LTE the past week in Wuakesha but the past 48 hours it has been consistent.

At Moreland and 164.

The maps were updated, looks like almost all of Waukesha is 3g/4g complete....except my home tower! I knew I was going to suffer! Lol, I do have a 1 bar usable LTE signal at home which is nice though. Can't wait for that last Waukesha tower to get finished.

<<Acceptance Thread Post>>

aackmann, 

I saw your post in the Sponsor forum regarding the spottiness of the current LTE deployment in MKE. I kind of feel the same way as you. I want to believe the same as you that Sprint will have a better LTE footprint then what has been shown. Sprint is still fine tuning the towers in Waukesha, there is evidence of this as i am picking up a signal that is a couple miles away inside my house. The thing is...i have the Nexus 5. I think having a solid RF Tri-band phone is going to be key in getting good reception. Also, there are still quite a few towers that need to be completed to get the full effect. I say wait it out a few more months to see where it goes. I really think once Sprint gets the market complete we will see what its true potential is. 

• Like 1

aackmann, 

I saw your post in the Sponsor forum regarding the spottiness of the current LTE deployment in MKE. I kind of feel the same way as you. I want to believe the same as you that Sprint will have a better LTE footprint then what has been shown. Sprint is still fine tuning the towers in Waukesha, there is evidence of this as i am picking up a signal that is a couple miles away inside my house. The thing is...i have the Nexus 5. I think having a solid RF Tri-band phone is going to be key in getting good reception. Also, there are still quite a few towers that need to be completed to get the full effect. I say wait it out a few more months to see where it goes. I really think once Sprint gets the market complete we will see what its true potential is. 

Yea, I know... But like you said, the key is having a tri-band phone... I've got the HTC One, so I'm stuck with spotty LTE until I upgrade my phone. I'm not doing anything now, I'm gonna wait a couple months for the new batch of phones to come out, then I'll see where Sprint's 800Mhz deployment is at. Hopefully they hit Milwaukee soon...