Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

oooo, its like a Christmas present! one tower is two blocks from me, its marked 3G on the map, yesterday in the early morning noticed I had LTE signal outside of my house, is it possible that this tower is waiting for the Lte switch to flip?

• Like 1

oooo, its like a Christmas present! one tower is two blocks from me, its marked 3G on the map, yesterday in the early morning noticed I had LTE signal outside of my house, is it possible that this tower is waiting for the Lte switch to flip?

From what I can tell, it looks like every single tower in the Milwaukee / Waukesha area has been completed in one form or another. Except for like 1 or 2 sites.

Most likely, many of these might be broadcasting LTE or 1x800 as well. Or it'll happen very soon. Map it up in Sensorly!

Side note, I'm in STL, MO and although they have LTE most everywhere, they have no 1x800. Seems odd because they're also a Samsung market like Milwaukee. You'd think it would be similar here with 800 deployed.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yesterday I had LTE on my G2 near the Brookfield mall. So it looks like they are working the CSFB issue too!

Signal wasn't very strong, averaged around -115.  I was able to run a few speed tests and was getting about 2Mbps on average, but I did get 5Mbps on one test.

Most likely, many of these might be broadcasting LTE or 1x800 as well. Or it'll happen very soon. Map it up in Sensorly!

Side note, I'm in STL, MO and although they have LTE most everywhere, they have no 1x800. Seems odd because they're also a Samsung market like Milwaukee. You'd think it would be similar here with 800 deployed.

I have a tri band phone, so i wont get LTE till it is fully lit up, with the csfb installed. it's been said that generally its anything marked yellow on the map, but that hasnt always been the case.

people have detected LTE on sensorly where I am from as far back as a year ago, along the lakefront, but not sure from where since there are no LTE sites complete on the map near me, just 3g.

I have a tri band phone, so i wont get LTE till it is fully lit up, with the csfb installed. it's been said that generally its anything marked yellow on the map, but that hasnt always been the case.

people have detected LTE on sensorly where I am from as far back as a year ago, along the lakefront, but not sure from where since there are no LTE sites complete on the map near me, just 3g.

a year ago? You're crazy. The lakefront was just this summer right before summerfest when it got turned on.

From a reliable source (my daughter):  LTE on a GS3, this afternoon, inside a brick building 1/2 block south of the Downer Theater: RSRP -92, 3.37 Mbps down, 6.80 up, 114 ms ping. There is a site behind the theater, but it is not shown as LTE accepted, so this one is likely about 1/2 mile down Prospect.

Merry Christmas from Sprint!!

well maybe last summer, seems like it was longer. does anyone know what towers the lte is coming from for the lakefront? the maps don't show any LTE complete for the lakefront.

This past summer for sure was when it got turned on. There a couple near downtown that I see when I looked earlier today.

Still on 3G. Bahhh humbug.

lol

I thought for sure 4G would be switched on soon after Monday. I got really good call quality on Monday so I assume the tower switched over to 1x800.

It was my first experience with 1x800 and it was eerily clear. The experience, for me, was similar to seeing a TV with a really high refresh rate for the first time.

I thought for sure 4G would be switched on soon after Monday. I got really good call quality on Monday so I assume the tower switched over to 1x800.

It was my first experience with 1x800 and it was eerily clear. The experience, for me, was similar to seeing a TV with a really high refresh rate for the first time.

It's crazy, right? My wife will call me driving home with the radio, defrost, etc going and it sounds like she's in a sound booth and/or sitting next to me.

It's crazy, right? My wife will call me driving home with the radio, defrost, etc going and it sounds like she's in a sound booth and/or sitting next to me.

You're not the first one to say something almost exactly like this. I've heard this multiple times from customers who have experienced the new technology.

I just experienced Sprint's HD Voice for the first time here. I called a friend who has an EVO LTE on Sprint, I've got the HTC One, both HD Voice capable. It sounded almost like the other person was on speakerphone. The call was so loud and clear, it was awesome. Whenever I call my girlfriend who has AT&T, the call is always so quiet. The HD voice sounded pretty damn good!

• Like 2

It is crazy... I have now experienced 800 in three separate markets (Madison, Chicago, South Bend, IN) and in all three 800 voice was unusable on both an S3 and an EVO LTE. The signal is much better, but voice quality is literally unusable. I'm hoping things improve...

It is crazy... I have now experienced 800 in three separate markets (Madison, Chicago, South Bend, IN) and in all three 800 voice was unusable on both an S3 and an EVO LTE. The signal is much better, but voice quality is literally unusable. I'm hoping things improve...

I should have added a caveat to mine, IF I'm on a strong 800 signal, the voice quality is crazy clear. Most of the convos between my wife and I are on strong signals.  However, on a weak signal, like in my office, the voice sounds awful and is practically unusable.

• Like 1

I was at Hartbrook Bowling alley in Hartland today and had a blip of LTE inside, but not long enough to run a speedtest.  Out in the parking lot, LTE kicked back in and we were getting download speeds of 22-24 Mbps and uploads around 8Mbps! On both my G2 (triband/CSFB) and an iPhone 5s. 

That's better than I get from TimeWarner!