Lumia 920 and 820

Teka

Even though Sprint hasn't announced any plans for Windows Phone 8 devices I would like to see the Lumia 920. It compares similarly to the other top tier phones http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/5/3293500/nokia-lumia-920-galaxy-s-iii-iphone-iphone-4s-ativ-s-specs-compare but I'm interested in Windows Phone 8 since Android and iOS both seem a bit boring.

The interesting thing is they support FD-LTE @ 2600

Strange, right?

No, not necessarily strange. Europe and Asia have (or will have) some band 7 LTE, which is LTE FDD 2500-2570 MHz x 2620-2690 MHz.

But are you sure that the new Nokia Lumia devices support only FDD profile, not TDD? Europe also has (or, again, will have) band 38 TD-LTE, which is a subset of our band 41 TD-LTE.

AJ

Yeah, HTC is making a lot of money in the android sphere. Same with Motorola, right?

Nokia should have bought Palm. With Palm's software and Nokia's hardware, it could have been successful. I still like Nokia's hardware. At least they look attractive. Much more stylish than the GSIII. The GSIII is dipped in the sea of ugly;).

No, not necessarily strange. Europe and Asia have (or will have) some band 7 LTE, which is LTE FDD 2500-2570 MHz x 2620-2690 MHz.

But are you sure that the new Nokia Lumia devices support only FDD profile, not TDD? Europe also has (or, again, will have) band 38 TD-LTE, which is a subset of our band 41 TD-LTE.

AJ

I was just going off the nokia spec sheet (under hardware)

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/lumia920/specifications/

It specifically mentions FD-LTE but not TD-LTE, which I thought was strange considering the MSM8960 supports it.

Data bearers2

• HSPA+ (3G)
  • EDGE/EGPRS (2G)
  • FD-LTE (4G)
  • HSUPA (3G)
  • GSM (2G)
  • HSDPA (3G)
  • WCDMA (3G)
  • Dual Transfer Mode (2G)

The GSIII is dipped in the sea of ugly;).

This is an extremely small minority opinion. I've not met one person who has seen my GS-III that has said it was ugly. I constantly hear that it looks sexy. Even most iPhone owners drool over the case design.

However, I would think you would love the GS-III. It looks just like an iPhone, right? That's why I bought it. I can't tell the difference. :lol:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

This is an extremely small minority opinion. I've not met one person who has seen my GS-III that has said it was ugly. I constantly hear that it looks sexy. Even most iPhone owners drool over the case design.

However, I would think you would love the GS-III. It looks just like an iPhone, right? That's why I bought it. I can't tell the difference. :lol:

Nope, it looks nothing like an iPhone. When Samsung does not copy the iPhone their phones are ugly. I like the new LG Intuition for Verizon.

They just don't want to hurt your feelings, Robert:).

• Like 1

I've not met one person who has seen my GS-III that has said it was ugly. I constantly hear that it looks sexy.

I think that settles it. At the S4GRU sponsors' retreat next spring in Aspen, Robert has to perform Karaoke to this...

;)

AJ

• Like 1

They just don't want to hurt your feelings, Robert:).

I think that settles it. At the S4GRU sponsors' retreat next spring in Aspen, Robert has to perform Karaoke to this...

;)

AJ

:hah:

Nokia Lumia 920, WHY U SO BEAUTIFUL?

You can't be a phone, you are ART!

Ohhh, for those who talk about Android running on a Lumia phone, that would look ridiculous and silly. Nokia worked closely with Microsoft to design phones that melded with the Windows Phone interface. Suffice to say Android and Windows Phones interface doesn't look anything alike. Same goes for running iOS on a Lumia, would look silly also.

These phones look really nice, and Windows Phone 8 looks awesome... I just wish their casing wouldn't look like crayons!

-Luis

I like the idea of a bright yellow phone but not for two years. Personally I think the slate grey color is the best looking.

What

What they don't come in charcoal black?

Your sarcasm... I didn't get it.... If that was sarcasm I mean o.o

It's too early in the morning for me to be commenting again. But what I meant is that the material of the casings remind me of crayola crayons :P

-Luis

I like the idea of a bright yellow phone but not for two years. Personally I think the slate grey color is the best looking.

That's about as loud as a cheerleader using a megaphone.... I actually liked the red one, but yeah, not for two years lol xD

-Luis