Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

I was over @ Huffman Park with my kids a few days ago and I got some great speed test results from I believe the tower on the Fairfield Storage lot. Download peaked @ 69 and upload in the mid 20's. Some on decent sprint B41 but surprisingly mostly on B25. I didn't think that B25 had the capacity for that high of results. I will check it out again when I get the Note 7 in as the B41 was bouncing from 2-3 channels according to signal check pro.

Is there an app or a setting to prioritize the LTE bands? I feel like there was discussion of it in the past but I can't recall. Is it simple enough to be worth it or is the network better at determining that on the fly?

May have hit 10x10 B25. You'll see peak downloads around 70 and peak uploads around 30Mbps with that configuration.

The prioritization only affects the order in which your device scans for LTE. Once it is connected, the switching is driven more by the network than your device. 

May have hit 10x10 B25. You'll see peak downloads around 70 and peak uploads around 30Mbps with that configuration.

The prioritization only affects the order in which your device scans for LTE. Once it is connected, the switching is driven more by the network than your device.

So is B41 becoming congested with so many devices capable now? I don't understand why it would switch if it had usable signal? The speeds were actually better on B25, I was confused since I thought B41 had the most bandwidth.

So is B41 becoming congested with so many devices capable now? I don't understand why it would switch if it had usable signal? The speeds were actually better on B25, I was confused since I thought B41 had the most bandwidth.

Strong signal doesn't mean usable signal. If it's congested, or there's interference, it can degrade the signal to the point where your device moves off of it. Typically the network won't push you off B41 unless there is a problem with it.

Strong signal doesn't mean usable signal. If it's congested, or there's interference, it can degrade the signal to the point where your device moves off of it. Typically the network won't push you off B41 unless there is a problem with it.

That is what I thought. @ home I rarely drop clear B41 and that is hovering from 95 dB - 115 dB. I was just surprised since the 69mbps was the fastest cell DL speed I have ever gotten. I have the Note 4 and can't wait to see how much better signal the Note 7 has.

That is what I thought. @ home I rarely drop clear B41 and that is hovering from 95 dB - 115 dB. I was just surprised since the 69mbps was the fastest cell DL speed I have ever gotten. I have the Note 4 and can't wait to see how much better signal the Note 7 has.

Not only better signal, but you'll get Carrier Aggregation too. Should double, even triple that top speed there.

Not only better signal, but you'll get Carrier Aggregation too. Should double, even triple that top speed there.

That is what I have been waiting for. I was disappointed when the Note 4 didn't make the cut for CA. I will be looking for places with speeds like that to test out. Hopefully the 3 carrier becomes a priority soon and they set the towers to use the 4x4 mimo in the Note 7 sooner than later. Even though it is not officially confirmed and not passed by the fcc.

That is what I have been waiting for. I was disappointed when the Note 4 didn't make the cut for CA. I will be looking for places with speeds like that to test out. Hopefully the 3 carrier becomes a priority soon and they set the towers to use the 4x4 mimo in the Note 7 sooner than later. Even though it is not officially confirmed and not passed by the fcc.

the note 7 is only 2x2 MIMO despite that one thread on reddit.

the note 7 is only 2x2 MIMO despite that one thread on reddit.

Even though it is only 2x2 it is fast! I wasn't able to connect to B41. 3 but still had a speed test of 148 mbps last night.

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So the Note 7 with 3x has a theoretical top speed DL of 246? What is every ones personal record?

3xCA is not enabled on devices.

They will swap time ratios from configuration 1 (82/17) to configuration 2 (112/9) for 3xCA to reach the 300 mbps speeds they're talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 1

OK so when scp shows B41.3 it is not actually live yet just broadcasting 3 carriers?

That is correct. It's identifying the 3rd live B41 carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Do we have any idea when the 3rd will be pushed out to devices capable? I was thrilled with the 120+ speeds I was getting as it is. And that means the 148 was really close to top speed then considering.

Do we have any idea when the 3rd will be pushed out to devices capable? I was thrilled with the 120+ speeds I was getting as it is. And that means the 148 was really close to top speed then considering.

It will be launched when Nokia (vendor) is ready. ETA is Q1 2017 but they're under promising and over delivering so it may be ready by this fall.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 1

It will be launched when Nokia (vendor) is ready. ETA is Q1 2017 but they're under promising and over delivering so it may be ready by this fall.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Awesome. Now if I just had those speeds and signal strength the places I spend the most time,lol.

• 3 weeks later...

So I am not sure which tower I am on, but there have been an improvement recently. I used to max out @ 30ish mbps in my bed. I just did a speed test and pulled an 82! I am over in the Cincinnati Financial area.

2c02c6d0722cc663aaebb7b01bd250e0.jpg

• Like 4

So I am not sure which tower I am on, but there have been an improvement recently. I used to max out @ 30ish mbps in my bed. I just did a speed test and pulled an 82! I am over in the Cincinnati Financial area.

Clearwire conversion maybe. Since old Huawei equipment was limited to 1 Channel Sprint's replacements can do 2XCA.

2c02c6d0722cc663aaebb7b01bd250e0.jpg

What area was that in? It is definitely a clear conversion.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What area was that in? It is definitely a clear conversion.

The top of Mack Road. It used to say Clear B41. Since I got the Note 7 it just says Sprint. But other areas still show B41.2 or.3.

The top of Mack Road. It used to say Clear B41. Since I got the Note 7 it just says Sprint. But other areas still show B41.2 or.3.

You found a clear conversion that hasn't been documented yet

• Like 1

Are you premier?

No I had donated a couple years back, but have not been able to do much lately. This site is the sole reason I stuck with Sprint because it was baaaaaad for a while. I am glad I stayed nothing is perfect but it is hard to complain about downloads topping out @ 150 mbps on my Note 7!

• Like 2