Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Sprint considers Dayton part of the Cincinnati market...

Thanks for the information.  I guess I didn't make it real clear.  Cincy shows on the official Sprint map as having Sprint Spark currently available.  However, the Dayton markey is not included in the map as having Sprint Spark enabled.  Will they continue to build out the entire Cincy market or are they only building out the Cincy metro area? 

Since the Cincy market has been indicated to be a Sprint Spark market, is there any chance that the Dayton area will be getting Spark soon or is that a lost cause?  I know that it is not as large a city as Cincy, but metrics indicate Dayton is in the top 50 wireless markets in the country.  I know they wanted to roll it out to the top 100 markets, but I am hoping since the Dayton area is considered a part of the Cincy market they spread the love up this way.

Think about donating 30 bucks and getting personal map for your market. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6624-schedule-map-promotionstill-going-on-for-those-interested/ Will answer a lot of your questions :-)

So the oldest kid is getting a Freedompop Samsung GS3 for christmas that runs on LTE.  Playing with it tonight, it pulls in a stronger signal than my G2.  In the house, speedtest shows the G2 at about 1.5mbps, while the GS3 which I believe can only do Band 25 doubles that.

I have an airrave and wifi, so signal strength doesn't matter much. Purely out of curiosity, what's the difference between the hardware to cause the older one to perform so much better?

So the oldest kid is getting a Freedompop Samsung GS3 for christmas that runs on LTE. Playing with it tonight, it pulls in a stronger signal than my G2. In the house, speedtest shows the G2 at about 1.5mbps, while the GS3 which I believe can only do Band 25 doubles that.

I have an airrave and wifi, so signal strength doesn't matter much. Purely out of curiosity, what's the difference between the hardware to cause the older one to perform so much better?

Its been my experience that Samsung Devices have a much better radio, therefore reception than LG phones, I've owned both and by far the Samsung phones have been great with signal and speed.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm only a mile or so away from the nearest tower, but due to houses and trees, usually only get 1 bar LTE , sometimes 2, but most of the time, I'm constantly going from 3g, to 4g.....

Sure wish there was a way to get a better signal on my HTC One phone, but with the higher speeds, come drastically reduced range.

I'm only a mile or so away from the nearest tower, but due to houses and trees, usually only get 1 bar LTE , sometimes 2, but most of the time, I'm constantly going from 3g, to 4g.....

Sure wish there was a way to get a better signal on my HTC One phone, but with the higher speeds, come drastically reduced range.

When can you or are you going to upgrade that dinosaur?
  • Like 2

I know my HTC M8 will see all 3 bands that Sprint has but does anyone know if it will see combined bands like is mentioned in this article about them missing the deadline for this year?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-unlikely-hit-goal-deploying-25-ghz-lte-carrier-aggregation-2014/2014-12-23?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal

I know my HTC M8 will see all 3 bands that Sprint has but does anyone know if it will see combined bands like is mentioned in this article about them missing the deadline for this year?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-unlikely-hit-goal-deploying-25-ghz-lte-carrier-aggregation-2014/2014-12-23?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal

No, only 2 devices currently support CA as mentioned in the article.

So was the Cincinnati market not completed? Or are we @ the top of the Spark list after the shake up?

They already started with spark roll out, guess they figured why stop since its already been started.

I stand corrected - they are indeed B41 Spark panels ;)

I didn't check the main tower in downtown Oxford, did you happen to see if they where up there also? I would assume while they were there they would do them also.

Oh ok, I know my area has been wonderful for a few months now. I just didn't realize Cincinnati wasn't complete. The combination of the network build with my Note 4 is really remarkable. Went from unusable fringe signal on an S3 to phenomenal performance in the exact same place.

• Like 3

Oh ok, I know my area has been wonderful for a few months now. I just didn't realize Cincinnati wasn't complete. The combination of the network build with my Note 4 is really remarkable. Went from unusable fringe signal on an S3 to phenomenal performance in the exact same place.

That it's the difference between a spark device and a single band device. I've had perfect signal in spots where the the old lady's note 3 doesn't.

That it's the difference between a spark device and a single band device. I've had perfect signal in spots where the the old lady's note 3 doesn't.

I am more than happy with the New Sprint. It doesn't hurt that at home and my office my phone lives in B41 almost 100% of the time.
  • Like 2

I will check the campus and the one south of town tomorrow. I know it is within the past few days. My phone is a MotoX original version, so I don't think I'd be able to check to see if band 41 is live yet.

Was there two days ago, and the morningsun rd had the new antennas, I do have tri band and it is not live yet.

I dont know whether anyone else is having problems the last 2 days but I just realized I am off network. I tried to make a call an hour ago and it said I needed to purchase a PIN or calling plan and I needed to press 2 to make a collect call. Said I was roaming also. I am chatting with Sprint now but I had just updated the PRL and Profile. I updated it again via the Sprint Zone and can now make calls but texts are not going. I may have gotten a bad profile or PRL update because wifi calling would not work either, same message. Its like the phone is a brick but when I tried to activate it, it says it was already active. Anyone else had issues like this in the past or now. I am in Fairfield twp.