Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Sprint is deploying LTE 1900 in all 97 markets, including Cincinnati. This is a fact. The RF design has long been complete for all the Cincy market sites.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Sprint is deploying LTE 1900 in all 97 markets, including Cincinnati. This is a fact. The RF design has long been complete for all the Cincy market sites.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I'm glad you confirmed this, as it doesn't make sense to not deploy all MHz technologies in all of the markets.

• 3 weeks later...
I've noticed a lot faster speeds in the recent days in the northern ky locations if this is what 3G with sprint is going to be like after network vision upgrades i'll be happy

3G EVDO speeds of 2+ Mbps are not sustainable at a busy site at peak times. However, Sprint can maintain sites to run 1 Mbps peak speeds and up to 2.65 Mbps off peak speeds with proper network maintenance and carrier upgrades. Anything above 1 Mbps is just gravy.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

3G EVDO speeds of 2+ Mbps are not sustainable at a busy site at peak times. However, Sprint can maintain sites to run 1 Mbps peak speeds and up to 2.65 Mbps off peak speeds with proper network maintenance and carrier upgrades. Anything above 1 Mbps is just gravy.

even if it's 1mbps speeds that is a useable speed the speeds I was getting before were .05mbps to .15mbps that is unusable speeds and make a smart phone an over sized paper weight i'm glad they have the increased speed now

• Like 1

Robert...Is there anything new on the Cincinnati market?

• 4 weeks later...

I, like probably many others, have called sprint over the last 2 months on the terrible service. The last call (2 days ago) the rep said that I'm going to continue to have bad service because they are updating the towers to LTE. As much as I want to believe that... it just doesn't seem like that's true. Has anyone heard anything recent with Cincinnati?

I, like probably many others, have called sprint over the last 2 months on the terrible service. The last call (2 days ago) the rep said that I'm going to continue to have bad service because they are updating the towers to LTE. As much as I want to believe that... it just doesn't seem like that's true. Has anyone heard anything recent with Cincinnati?

It is true. Other than some "bandaid" fixes, your service will not improve until Network Vision makes significant inroads in your market. And Network Vision is coming to Cincinnati, just like it is to all other Sprint markets. But deployment takes time, and Cincinnati is a later stage market. So, you will just have to wait until later this year.

AJ

Soo we really have JP idea when we might get this in Cincy?

Did you read the post above? You will see progress in Cincinnati later this year.

Inlay have to go Verizon because sprint is just ridiculously slow and I don't get reception in my own house.

Do you know that VZW coverage extends inside your house? No carrier guarantees in building coverage.

AJ

• Like 1

I do know that it extends in my house that's what I had before sprint but I went to sprint for cheaper prices and now it seems like not such a smart move

Fair enough. You have done your research, and if you need mobile phone service inside your house, then VZW may be a better choice for you.

AJ

• Like 1

Like AJ points out, indoor coverage is highly variable by carrier. In my area, AT&T has the best geographic coverage. However, inside my house I have a full signal on Verizon 3G & LTE, Sprint 3G and T-Mobile EDGE, but I get no AT&T service unless I am outside.

No carrier guarantees indoor service. It depends on how far you are from each carrier's site, which technology/frequencies used and most importantly, what type of construction used for your building.

The best thing to do is to try out each carrier in your home until you find the one that best meets your indoor needs, should in home service be paramount to you. Otherwise, you can get an Airave.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

i saw a leaked sprint coverage map that was leaked back a few months ago if not older. what i got from the map was the cincinnati market will have full lte service. again if i read the map right 90% of ohio would get lte southeast ohio sorry about your luck, and ky would get full LTE service along all major interstates and everywhere in the cincinnati lexington louisville triangle. Only bad part about it is it didn't give a time line or what markets would get it first. it just said at the completion of the Network vision project

i saw a leaked sprint coverage map that was leaked back a few months ago if not older. what i got from the map was the cincinnati market will have full lte service. again if i read the map right 90% of ohio would get lte southeast ohio sorry about your luck, and ky would get full LTE service along all major interstates and everywhere in the cincinnati lexington louisville triangle. Only bad part about it is it didn't give a time line or what markets would get it first. it just said at the completion of the Network vision project

Every area that is currently covered by the Sprint 3G footprint will get LTE.

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

• 1 month later...

Just found a permit applied for on 3/8/13 for "SPRINT ANTENNA MODIFICATION; CHANGING ANTENNAS, ADDING RADIOS & OTHER AFFILIATED EQUIPMENT" for the tower at 4810 Trinity Church Rd near Hara Arena in Dayton. Here comes the LTE! Permit # BLD13-00240 in Montgomery County.

• Like 2

Just found a permit applied for on 3/8/13 for "SPRINT ANTENNA MODIFICATION; CHANGING ANTENNAS, ADDING RADIOS & OTHER AFFILIATED EQUIPMENT" for the tower at 4810 Trinity Church Rd near Hara Arena in Dayton. Here comes the LTE! Permit # BLD13-00240 in Montgomery County.

I'm already tracking all of the Dayton OH permits in another thread in the Sponsor Forum... http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3158-dayton-oh-permits-for-network-vision/

There are 29 permits pulled so far in the Dayton area, including Montgomery, Greene and Shelby counties.

I can't wait for us to finally get some 4G love in Dayton.

• Like 1

I'm already tracking all of the Dayton OH permits in another thread in the Sponsor Forum... http://s4gru.com/ind...network-vision/

There are 29 permits pulled so far in the Dayton area, including Montgomery, Greene and Shelby counties.

I can't wait for us to finally get some 4G love in Dayton.

Nice. I guess I'll pause shopping around for Verizon phones for the moment.

So, when the Dayton/Cinncinnati LTE gets up and running will it cover Middletown?

At one time I heard a rumor of an antenna going up on Atrium Hospital right off I-75.

Yes, Cincinnati market starts in northern KY and goes all the way up to Wapakoneta.

Don't know anything about a new site at the Atrium hospital...just do some digging around, through Warren County website or see if Middletown has an online permit website.

Has anything been discovered for Hamilton or Butler Counties? I really would like to stay with Sprint if this starts rolling out over the next few months..but need some info soon as my contract is up in early May and will be moving on if theres no progress.

Has anything been discovered for Hamilton or Butler Counties? I really would like to stay with Sprint if this starts rolling out over the next few months..but need some info soon as my contract is up in early May and will be moving on if theres no progress.

There have been many permits pulled for work in Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland and Toledo for sprint. If you become a sponsor we have members with maps tracking these permits. I would say work should be starting within a couple months if not sooner.

There have been many permits pulled for work in Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland and Toledo for sprint. If you become a sponsor we have members with maps tracking these permits. I would say work should be starting within a couple months if not sooner.

How do I go about becoming a sponsor? What does it cost?

Long term do you think staying with Sprint would be smarter? My wife and I are tired of the shoddy coverage in 3g and she has problems just receiving signal at her job ( school ) where others on AT&T don't have problems.

How do I go about becoming a sponsor? What does it cost?

Long term do you think staying with Sprint would be smarter? My wife and I are tired of the shoddy coverage in 3g and she has problems just receiving signal at her job ( school ) where others on AT&T don't have problems.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/ here's the link on being a sponsor. If you can dontate atleast 20 it helps supports our site, but any amount will also work.

Yes long term sprint will be a better choice. We have LTE coming now, then LTE on 800, which should help with in building penetration then if sprints deal with Clearwire goes through ( which it should) then Sprint will be one of the best cell phone company's.....maybe even better then Verizon in the next few years, but that one is just my thoughts with what's to come.