Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Sorry so right after I updated my prl and profile I restarted my phone and now it picks up lte. That was weird :/

Yeah if that happens I'd just try the most simplest stuff. I mean how many times do you reboot the phone. Glad you have it working!
  • Like 1

Yeah, this one bar of 4g, switching back and forth to 3g sucks, I'm paying a premium for unlimited high speed data and have yet to see it here locally at my house, a mile up the street it's pretty dang good, not here....

Yeah, this one bar of 4g, switching back and forth to 3g sucks, I'm paying a premium for unlimited high speed data and have yet to see it here locally at my house, a mile up the street it's pretty dang good, not here....

Show us on your bill where it says you pay a premium? You do know our market is not officially launched yet right? There are other site that need work, let alone tweaking to make things work better. Be happy you get service and none at all. It will get better, but this is not a place to bitch about your service. Not trying to sound rude, but if Sprint is not working for you then I recommend you find a provider that does.

sent from my HTC One Max

• Like 2

Hi, I am new to here (sorry if I say anything stupid...)! I will probably be only posting every so often and not be so much of a regular.

But for starters my phone is the Samsung galaxy S III stock, will probably, soon be upgrading to Sony Xepria Z3 (I know Sprint doesn't offer any Sony phones at the moment but I have read a few articles about it probably coming to Sprint, so I am hoping! Also hope it has Spark support.) If they don't get that then I might do the Samsung Note 4.

Now according to the "Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List" Cincinnati has officially launched? Which is good news!

For me myself I like Sprint, my only issue is on my SG3, I am lucky to get 4G LTE inside or outside of my house... I usually pull 2 bars of 3G inside my house. Now with Sprint Spark enabled devices, wouldn't the LTE be much stronger inside/outside my house?

Edited by digeythedog

Hi, I am new to here (sorry if I say anything stupid...)! I will probably be only posting every so often and not be so much of a regular.

But for starters my phone is the Samsung galaxy S III stock, will probably, soon be upgrading to Sony Xepria Z3 (I know Sprint doesn't offer any Sony phones at the moment but I have read a few articles about it probably coming to Sprint, so I am hoping!) If they don't get that then I might do the Samsung Note 4.

Now according to the "Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List" Cincinnati has officially launched? Which is good news!

For me myself I like Sprint, my only issue is on my SG3, I am lucky to get 4G LTE inside or outside of my house... I usually pull 2 bars of 3G inside my house. Now with Sprint Spark enabled devices, wouldn't the LTE be much stronger inside/outside my house?

No promises for your situation but my s3 side by side with my son's s5 is just awful. I did a speed test side by side and I pulled 3.5ish my son got a 38! He has run multiple tests in the 40's and even a few in the 50's. All this has been in the Fairfield area.

Sent from the cosmos

• Like 1

But for starters my phone is the Samsung galaxy S III stock, will probably, soon be upgrading to Sony Xepria Z3 (I know Sprint doesn't offer any Sony phones at the moment but I have read a few articles about it probably coming to Sprint, so I am hoping! Also hope it has Spark support.) If they don't get that then I might do the Samsung Note 4.

Depends on your location, if you have a spark enabled phone, and band 26 is available, you should be able to get lte in your house. There is no guarantee though. Where are you located?

sent from my HTC One Max

LTE will not be stronger on your Galaxy 3 phone until you upgrade to a triband phone. Your phone only picks up band 25 where as triband phones pick up band 25, 26 and 41.

• Like 2

I sincerely hope it's not launched. I am on the 14th floor of a building in the heart of downtown and the only change I can report is one bar of 3g in the john where before it would roam on Verizon.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope it's not launched. I am on the 14th floor of a building in the heart of downtown and the only change I can report is one bar of 3g in the john where before it would roam on Verizon.

Agree... It's launched now and not sure why when so much left to turn on!

Launch is just a press release and the ability to have customers open tickets regarding LTE problems. Don't read too much into it. Deployment continues. And frankly, Cincy launched with more and better coverage than most markets. Especially if you have a Triband device.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I will say it works in most places now. As soon as I see it my office I can dump freedompop.

I'm still confused about spark, though, as I thought that would be further down the road after lte is widespread. I have a g2, will it behave differently when it is on spark vs lte? Or am I already seeing spark? Speedtests are usually around 10-15mbps, but every now and then I will see 30+ usually when I'm parked on75 in rush hour.

• Like 1

I will say it works in most places now. As soon as I see it my office I can dump freedompop.

I'm still confused about spark, though, as I thought that would be further down the road after lte is widespread. I have a g2, will it behave differently when it is on spark vs lte? Or am I already seeing spark? Speedtests are usually around 10-15mbps, but every now and then I will see 30+ usually when I'm parked on75 in rush hour.

I'm with you there, I'm still somewhat confused as to how Spark is supposed to work, and the Turbo part of it, even more.

I don't think that is the case.  In my experiences traveling 71 during the New vision build out, I would stream pandora for the drive up there and my S3 would cycle on and off 4G with out losing connection.  I have experienced the same thing running sensorly.   I would be on 4g and then go to  3g and then back to 4g all while mapping.   

Could be an issue with the Moto X or being with an MVNO.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a timeline for the LTE deployment in the cincy market or the timeline for the LTE roaming agreements to be active?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Its in the Cincy sponsor spreadsheet for the forecast for each site

• Like 1

140b5f5bb9dd5da6501c8dead03ff213.jpg

I was literally surfing the freedom pop site to decide what to do about having lost my hotspot at the airport when I noticed my phone finally found lte in my office. Hope I get to keep this!

This is in the middle of downtown halfway up a building.

• Like 6

Does anyone have a timeline for the LTE deployment in the cincy market or the timeline for the LTE roaming agreements to be active?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sprint now has the entire Cincinnati area listed as Sprint Spark on its maps: http://sprint.com/maps

HOWEVER, there are several areas where my phone doesn't get 4G and it should, which tells me some of the towers may not be cranking 4G yet.

Sprint now has the entire Cincinnati area listed as Sprint Spark on its maps: http://sprint.com/maps

HOWEVER, there are several areas where my phone doesn't get 4G and it should, which tells me some of the towers may not be cranking 4G yet.

Yeah Spark market, we are just missing the Spark LOL
  • Like 2

So we are listed as a spark market but are we part of the refocus or booted back to the end of the line?

Sent from the cosmos

I wanna think that they are still working on B41 I like to think we are one of the markets that needs the extra backup
  • Like 1

I wanna think that they are still working on B41 I like to think we are one of the markets that needs the extra backup

I have no doubt we need the extra back up.  I just hope they finish the build out before sending the resources elsewhere.  What is the Max speed 1900 is capable of currently?  My son has gotten a few 50+ speed tests and I am curious what band they were on.  The device is listing band 25 but I am not sure that is even possible.  

I have no doubt we need the extra back up.  I just hope they finish the build out before sending the resources elsewhere.  What is the Max speed 1900 is capable of currently?  My son has gotten a few 50+ speed tests and I am curious what band they were on.  The device is listing band 25 but I am not sure that is even possible.  

Yeah I would really doubt that he's on band 25, anything above 30mbps is a different sign of good things coming :tu: