Any known Evo LTE hardware changes since launch?

TH4RO

Has anyone noticed any changes with the hardware from the launch date to today? I know the original EVO had a screen change within 3-4 months of its release. My EVO LTE says its hardware version is 0003. Anyone found anything different on the street?

My hardware version is -√2π. Is that bad?

AJ

• Like 1

I got mine replaced through Best Buy, and they gave me a brand new phone to replace my pre-order. It's HW V 0003

What software version came with that new phone?

I got mine replaced through Best Buy, and they gave me a brand new phone to replace my pre-order. It's HW V 0003

Did you get a loaner phone? If so, what kind? How long did it take to replace?

@themuffinman - We just got a software update right? So would that have changed? If not, i'm happy to look it up.

Yeah we just got a new OTA but I wanted to know what was on there when you took it out the box. I am going to pic up my replacement today and I am keeping my fingers crossed that by some miracle its on the older firmware so I can s-off it once I get it.

Yeah, got my replacement hone today and it hardware version 003. It had the new ota already installed so no more s-off for me :(.

The odd thing, and maybe I changed this without realizing it, but... On my new phone, the battery life wasn't nearly as good. Turns out, it wasn't turning Wi-Fi off over night in sleep mode and the Wi-Fi was set for "best Experience", so the battery was steady draining all night. Once I switched back, all was right in Evo land again.

Yep the idiots at HTC did that making the WiFi turn off at midnight and back on a 7.. Just one the very many things fixed in aftermarket roms.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Actually, I like this. If I happen to be up, it connects quickly enough, and I sure appreciate the impact is has on the battery.

• Like 1

Actually, I like this. If I happen to be up, it connects quickly enough, and I sure appreciate the impact is has on the battery.

I agree 100%. The battery it saves is amazing and why do I need Wifi if I'm not using my phone? Also you can plug your phone in to charge and it disables the battery save feature of disabling Wifi.