Gab2012

Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Hi, whats going on in Puerto Rico?

nobody has sprint here ? Lol

Fcc chairman Pai to visit PR and US Virgin Islands this week.

Hope deployment speed up..

• Like 1

Any news...?

These neighbor cells never appeared before. I went to weakest signal spot in the house but didn't switch cells. a2b7a1678a74377a7708d4d1fc1d8798.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, smooth25 said:

These neighbor cells never appeared before. I went to weakest signal spot in the house but didn't switch cells.

Nice find!

That's Sprints 10x10  750 MHz B13 network they're deploying in PR / VI due to the OpenMobile deal.  

• Like 2

That deal is the reason I stayed with Sprint. Do I have to do anything to my S8 to connect to B13?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smooth25 said:

That deal is the reason I stayed with Sprint. Do I have to do anything to my S8 to connect to B13?

Phone must have B13 enabled / active and the eNB must allow connections to it. Seeing as it's on the neighbors list means the signal and physical equipment is ready. Possibly try and visit your local Sprint sites and see which one has the hardware upgrade (new 4 port 750 radio) and then check every now and then if it becomes available to connect to.

Also expect an added 10-15 MHz B25 LTE carrier too in the near future due to the PCS the OM deal brings forth alongside 750. 

• Like 2

LTE Band 13 in Humacao.

My iPhone keeps switching between Open Mobile and Sprint. 

Data speeds are amazing. I usually was getting speeds below 1mbps on band 25.

2A4E6C0C-5F86-49BC-A836-5EEA291712B2.pngA9B0B24F-04E0-46A9-B3A5-202CA0F60A4B.png

ji1j47.png

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, imatute said:

LTE Band 13 in Humacao.

My iPhone keeps switching between Open Mobile and Sprint. 

Data speeds are amazing. I usually was getting speeds below 1mbps on band 25.

2A4E6C0C-5F86-49BC-A836-5EEA291712B2.pngA9B0B24F-04E0-46A9-B3A5-202CA0F60A4B.png

ji1j47.png

Nice! Looks like it’s finally happening. 

• Like 2

So is this joint venture like Bell and Telus in Canada where they both operate on the same network and both invest in the network on Puerto Rico, giving access to each other's whole network resources? Or is this like a Rogers and Fido situation whee Sprint buys Open Mobile and keeps there brand up and running as an MVNO? Will Sprint get rid of the OpenMobile brand down the line?

This is kind of confusing to me.

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

So is this joint venture like Bell and Telus in Canada where they both operate on the same network and both invest in the network on Puerto Rico, giving access to each other's whole network resources? Or is this like a Rogers and Fido situation whee Sprint buys Open Mobile and keeps there brand up and running as an MVNO? Will Sprint get rid of the OpenMobile brand down the line?

This is kind of confusing to me.

http://newsismybusiness.com/sprint-complete-venture/

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

I read that but it didn't help muchl. It seems like they created a new company and are operating 4 different brands under that one company right now but in the same breath they're putting all of the employees (including retail) of all 4 brands under the one company. Will a new brand be born out of it and they'll get rid of Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Open Mobile? This is one weird merger.

Some of the Open Mobile stores are now  Boost Mobile. i just visted Mayaguez Town center. they are now Boost Mobile

• Like 4

Don't know if this is related to the electric blackout in the island but I was able to connect to Open Mobile band 13 in my phone without issue. I'm still currently connected to band 13...

Screenshot_20180418-144106.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skypr said:

Don't know if this is related to the electric blackout in the island but I was able to connect to Open Mobile band 13 in my phone without issue. I'm still currently connected to band 13...

Shows as roaming. Wonder if it will actually count as roaming or if it's "extended" (pseudo-native) 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Shows as roaming. Wonder if it will actually count as roaming or if it's "extended" (pseudo-native) 

Anyway to see more detailed info in the account dashboard? It has been more than 2 hours since it connected to band 13 and my Sprint app shows data roaming at 0. Also forgot that if I call 611, I get Open Mobile customer service.

Edited by Skypr

5 minutes ago, Skypr said:

Anyway to see more detailed info in the account dashboard? It has been more than 2 hours since it connected to band 13 and my Sprint app shows data roaming at 0. Also forgot that if I call 611, I get Open Mobile customer service.

I am not sure how often the roaming data amounts update. I suspect it is "extended LTE," or another network that Sprint considers as native use even though it shows as roaming.

25 minutes ago, Skypr said:

Pretty sure it's native signal now(even SCP displays Sprint B13 due to GCI). Maybe devices havent been updated to reflect this change yet. What speeds are you seeing? Also check your roaming alotment to confirm it's not affecting it. 

6 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I am not sure how often the roaming data amounts update. I suspect it is "extended LTE," or another network that Sprint considers as native use even though it shows as roaming.

Interesting. Did a little experiment... I turn off all roaming in my phone and the phone is still connected to Open Mobile...

Screenshot_20180418-165035.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Pretty sure it's native signal now(even SCP displays Sprint B13 due to GCI). Maybe devices havent been updated to reflect this change yet. What speeds are you seeing? Also check your roaming alotment to confirm it's not affecting it. 

It's saying 700 because of the EARFCN, not GCI.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Pretty sure it's native signal now. Maybe devices havent been updated to reflect this change yet. What speeds are you seeing? Also check your roaming alotment to confirm it's not affecting it.

Data roaming allotment still at 0 GB... Speeds are way better than the meager 0.4 Mbps I was getting with B25. It seems I can't post more screenshots (maybe new account restrictions) but I'm getting 5.25 Mbps download and 9.08 Mbps upload.

Edited by Skypr

11 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

It's saying 700 because of the EARFCN, not GCI.

Actually I thought PLMN controlled the Carrier String info.

1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

Pretty sure open signals spectrum is 750mhz if I'm not mistaken.

Yes.... but that still falls in the LTE 700 band... look at the EARFCN in his screenshot.

14 minutes ago, Skypr said:

Data roaming allotment still at 0 GB... Speeds are way better than the meager 0.4 Mbps I was getting with B25. It seems I can't post more screenshots (maybe new account restrictions) but I'm getting 5.25 Mbps download and 9.08 Mbps upload.

That's a limit imposed by IP Board. You can use a third party to host screenshots, like Imgur or Photobucket, and then embed the images here.