Jump to content
Gab2012

Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Recommended Posts

Hi, whats going on in Puerto Rico?

 

nobody has sprint here ? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fcc chairman Pai to visit PR and US Virgin Islands this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope deployment speed up..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These neighbor cells never appeared before. I went to weakest signal spot in the house but didn't switch cells. a2b7a1678a74377a7708d4d1fc1d8798.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, smooth25 said:

These neighbor cells never appeared before. I went to weakest signal spot in the house but didn't switch cells.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Nice find!

That's Sprints 10x10  750 MHz B13 network they're deploying in PR / VI due to the OpenMobile deal.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That deal is the reason I stayed with Sprint. Do I have to do anything to my S8 to connect to B13?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, smooth25 said:

That deal is the reason I stayed with Sprint. Do I have to do anything to my S8 to connect to B13?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

Phone must have B13 enabled / active and the eNB must allow connections to it. Seeing as it's on the neighbors list means the signal and physical equipment is ready. Possibly try and visit your local Sprint sites and see which one has the hardware upgrade (new 4 port 750 radio) and then check every now and then if it becomes available to connect to.

Also expect an added 10-15 MHz B25 LTE carrier too in the near future due to the PCS the OM deal brings forth alongside 750. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LTE Band 13 in Humacao.

My iPhone keeps switching between Open Mobile and Sprint. 

Data speeds are amazing. I usually was getting speeds below 1mbps on band 25.

2A4E6C0C-5F86-49BC-A836-5EEA291712B2.pngA9B0B24F-04E0-46A9-B3A5-202CA0F60A4B.png

ji1j47.png

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, imatute said:

LTE Band 13 in Humacao.

My iPhone keeps switching between Open Mobile and Sprint. 

Data speeds are amazing. I usually was getting speeds below 1mbps on band 25.

2A4E6C0C-5F86-49BC-A836-5EEA291712B2.pngA9B0B24F-04E0-46A9-B3A5-202CA0F60A4B.png

ji1j47.png

Nice! Looks like it’s finally happening. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this joint venture like Bell and Telus in Canada where they both operate on the same network and both invest in the network on Puerto Rico, giving access to each other's whole network resources? Or is this like a Rogers and Fido situation whee Sprint buys Open Mobile and keeps there brand up and running as an MVNO? Will Sprint get rid of the OpenMobile brand down the line?

This is kind of confusing to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

So is this joint venture like Bell and Telus in Canada where they both operate on the same network and both invest in the network on Puerto Rico, giving access to each other's whole network resources? Or is this like a Rogers and Fido situation whee Sprint buys Open Mobile and keeps there brand up and running as an MVNO? Will Sprint get rid of the OpenMobile brand down the line?

This is kind of confusing to me.

http://newsismybusiness.com/sprint-complete-venture/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

I read that but it didn't help muchl. It seems like they created a new company and are operating 4 different brands under that one company right now but in the same breath they're putting all of the employees (including retail) of all 4 brands under the one company. Will a new brand be born out of it and they'll get rid of Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Open Mobile? This is one weird merger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the Open Mobile stores are now  Boost Mobile. i just visted Mayaguez Town center. they are now Boost Mobile

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if this is related to the electric blackout in the island but I was able to connect to Open Mobile band 13 in my phone without issue. I'm still currently connected to band 13...

Screenshot_20180418-144106.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skypr said:

Don't know if this is related to the electric blackout in the island but I was able to connect to Open Mobile band 13 in my phone without issue. I'm still currently connected to band 13...

Screenshot_20180418-144106.png

Shows as roaming. Wonder if it will actually count as roaming or if it's "extended" (pseudo-native) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Shows as roaming. Wonder if it will actually count as roaming or if it's "extended" (pseudo-native) 

Anyway to see more detailed info in the account dashboard? It has been more than 2 hours since it connected to band 13 and my Sprint app shows data roaming at 0. Also forgot that if I call 611, I get Open Mobile customer service.

Edited by Skypr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Skypr said:

Anyway to see more detailed info in the account dashboard? It has been more than 2 hours since it connected to band 13 and my Sprint app shows data roaming at 0. Also forgot that if I call 611, I get Open Mobile customer service.

I am not sure how often the roaming data amounts update. I suspect it is "extended LTE," or another network that Sprint considers as native use even though it shows as roaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Skypr said:

Don't know if this is related to the electric blackout in the island but I was able to connect to Open Mobile band 13 in my phone without issue. I'm still currently connected to band 13...

Screenshot_20180418-144106.png

Pretty sure it's native signal now(even SCP displays Sprint B13 due to GCI). Maybe devices havent been updated to reflect this change yet. What speeds are you seeing? Also check your roaming alotment to confirm it's not affecting it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I am not sure how often the roaming data amounts update. I suspect it is "extended LTE," or another network that Sprint considers as native use even though it shows as roaming.

Interesting. Did a little experiment... I turn off all roaming in my phone and the phone is still connected to Open Mobile...

Screenshot_20180418-165035.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Pretty sure it's native signal now(even SCP displays Sprint B13 due to GCI). Maybe devices havent been updated to reflect this change yet. What speeds are you seeing? Also check your roaming alotment to confirm it's not affecting it. 

It's saying 700 because of the EARFCN, not GCI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Pretty sure it's native signal now. Maybe devices havent been updated to reflect this change yet. What speeds are you seeing? Also check your roaming alotment to confirm it's not affecting it.

Data roaming allotment still at 0 GB... Speeds are way better than the meager 0.4 Mbps I was getting with B25. It seems I can't post more screenshots (maybe new account restrictions) but I'm getting 5.25 Mbps download and 9.08 Mbps upload.

Edited by Skypr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

It's saying 700 because of the EARFCN, not GCI.

Actually I thought PLMN controlled the Carrier String info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

Pretty sure open signals spectrum is 750mhz if I'm not mistaken.

Yes.... but that still falls in the LTE 700 band... look at the EARFCN in his screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Skypr said:

Data roaming allotment still at 0 GB... Speeds are way better than the meager 0.4 Mbps I was getting with B25. It seems I can't post more screenshots (maybe new account restrictions) but I'm getting 5.25 Mbps download and 9.08 Mbps upload.

That's a limit imposed by IP Board. You can use a third party to host screenshots, like Imgur or Photobucket, and then embed the images here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • https://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-note-9-features-release-specs-upgrade-22531644/amp/ new features 
    • Oh yeah I do not disagree with you there. Satellite Internet is very outdated. As is Dial and DSL.  So I’m interested to see if they actually do rural deployment of 5g
    • not in urban areas, but for rural, yes it will scoop dial up and dsl customers right up, not to mention satellite internet customers 
    • This is one of a few mobilitie small cells I have found in the area. I'm wondering if it is sprint because there is no relay installed. Actually some that had the relay before has since been removed. It looks to be connected to a wire line network... The two underground communication hatches are on the sidewalk and the unnamed one in the landscaping, yards away from the site. As mentioned, one is unnamed and one says Comcast. Let me know what you guys think. Just as a disclaimer, this site wasn't here about two weeks ago. (Midtown Detroit) Also; Verizon is using a completely different vendor in SE Mich so I highly doubt this site is a verizon one.  https://imgur.com/gallery/irfkNzk If I have time i'd like to create a map of all the sprint small cells provided by mobility in SE Mich... stay tuned as my time is limited. 
    • Okay so I managed to make it out to that other wireline mobilitie site today(or yesterday lol whatever haha) It was getting dark so my photos are not the best but here is what I have. (Btw I also included some of the development going on in this area that may have been reason Sprint decided to locate a small cell here. That and well, its pretty close to Ford Field, Comerica Park and Little Caesars Arena.) Again, sorry for the poor lighting but this is definitely another small cell connected by wire-line as apposed to relay. The last few images are construction for a massive development from Bedrock, which is affiliated with Rocket Fiber.(Both part of quicken loans if that matters) They could be providing the backhaul but unfortunately due to lighting the only wire-line on the utility poles i could spot with a name was Comcast; that's not to say there were many other lines on the utility poles. It was just to dark to spot. Anyway;  here it is:  https://imgur.com/a/HTaHdmD Any thoughts? 
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×