Gab2012

Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

It seems like that..! or maybe  Prwireless  by Sprint

20 minutes ago, ROBERT7 said:

It seems like that..! or maybe  Prwireless  by Sprint

Well hopefully things will improve, here in the VI sprint is getting crushed by att and viya which is the local carrier. And since the hurricanes I know sprint has lost a significant amount of subscribers in the territory since they seem to be lagging behind big time compared to the other 2 carriers when it comes to network repairs. 

If they deploy lte band 13, things will get better 

Anybody knows when exactly our devices will see this bandwidth increase? 

On 12/3/2017 at 9:07 PM, ROBERT7 said:

Anybody knows when exactly our devices will see this bandwidth increase? 

I don't know but hopefully soon. Here in the VI, sprint customers are breaking down the doors to att trying to switch over to them because att has made quite the progress compared to sprint since "irmaria". So when sprint comes back up the network should be wide open compared to a few months ago so more bandwidth for me, lol. 

Any news about Sprint - Open Mobile merge? I know it already was approved but what happened next?

• Like 1

Happy New Year...!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mostly done.

Triband (750, 1900,2500) sites will  be getting deployed once the cleanup from the hurricane mess is completed. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Mostly done.

Triband (750, 1900,2500) sites will  be getting deployed once the cleanup from the hurricane mess is completed. 

Hopefully this includes deployment in the VI as well. Had to give in and port one of my lines over to att so I can at least get half decent service. Sprint really lagging behind compared to att here on the island. 

20 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Mostly done.

LTE only or will they still be deploying CDMA on these new sites? It makes sense to me going forward that Sprint's new sites would be LTE only, that way they could build a dense enough network for VoLTE down the line.

22 hours ago, lilotimz said:

Mostly done.

Unfortunately the hurricane clean up is still taking place and I have a feeling it's going to take a while longer. I've been following the progress on fcc.gov/maria unfortunately no break down of the carriers 

just notice the lastest coverage map had a lot less roaming for inland Puerto Rico and it also shows up as LTE Plus. On the voice only map it shows as sprint coverage but signal strength varies. only other place thats like that is the swiftel network. Im assuming the map is now showing open mobile service.

16 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

just notice the lastest coverage map had a lot less roaming for inland Puerto Rico and it also shows up as LTE Plus. On the voice only map it shows as sprint coverage but signal strength varies. only other place thats like that is the swiftel network. Im assuming the map is now showing open mobile service.

I thinking they applied the wrong shading. It appears to line up with the extended voice (roaming) area. I suspected it's now considered extended LTE, but they accidentally colored it as LTE Plus.

• Like 1

Right now Sprint LTE speeds are slow.

Mostly between .05 to 1 mb 

lets see if that gets better