Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

I really hope is less... im out of contract and really need to see an improvement.......

Went to Sprint booth at mall and tried to ask if they knew what will happen with Open band13 and they didn't know what I was talking about. They did say something about expecting better signal beginning in June to September. My guess is that's when they will begin combining spectrum.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

VZW is not allowed to have a native network in Puerto Rico.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Why?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Why?

I was curious about that as well and it seems (after looking it up) that Verizon had CDMA in PR, but now only has a roaming agreement with Open Mobile. So it looks like AT&T, Claro, Sprint, T-Mobile US, Open Mobile, Choice Communications and TracFone are the only ones in PR.

Source

I was curious about that as well and it seems (after looking it up) that Verizon had CDMA in PR, but now only has a roaming agreement with Open Mobile. So it looks like AT&T, Claro, Sprint, T-Mobile US, Open Mobile, Choice Communications and TracFone are the only ones in PR.

Source

With open Mobile going away Wonder if Roaming will be Sprint?

Sprint should improve significantly when they integrate spectrum from the Open Mobile merger. They will obtain C block (30 MHz) which should help a lot. I am not sure what will happen with B13 700 MHz (10x10). I've been told by Sprint employees that they will see improvements starting in June to September. If all the Spectrum were put to use there wouldn't be a better market IMO.

Sprint should improve significantly when they integrate spectrum from the Open Mobile merger. They will obtain C block (30 MHz) which should help a lot. I am not sure what will happen with B13 700 MHz (10x10). I've been told by Sprint employees that they will see improvements starting in June to September. If all the Spectrum were put to use there wouldn't be a better market IMO.

Sprint should use B13. C block spectrum is very good.

Sprint should use B13. C block spectrum is very good.

I really hope so since they don't have B26 here. I just don't know how they will use B13 because Sprint would then have to add it to new devices. Will they add it just for one market?

I really hope so since they don't have B26 here. I just don't know how they will use B13 because Sprint would then have to add it to new devices. Will they add it just for one market?

I don't know. Sprint really only like using B25,26 and,41. I thought B41 was there by now. The C Block Spectrum for B25 could allow them to also do wideband LTE on B25. I don't get why Sprint wouldn't use it on one market. T-Mobile uses B5 in market, tho B5 has always been on their phones.

B41 is here, just in a few areas so far. I wouldn't mind just having wide band B25 and B13. It may even be cheaper since B41 requires new equipment. With Open merger the equipment is already there.

B41 is here, just in a few areas so far. I wouldn't mind just having wide band B25 and B13. It may even be cheaper since B41 requires new equipment. With Open merger the equipment is already there.

It's only there on open mobiles towers. They would need more for Sprints towers..

It's only there on open mobiles towers. They would need more for Sprints towers..

Open actually has a bit more coverage here so Sprint coverage will increase. I don't know what will happen with the towers that overlap. I think it's still cheaper to add wide band B25 than adding B41 equipment. If they add all three I would probably faint lol. Can someone let me know what Sprint has to do to add C block to a site? Is it just software, hardware or both.

Open actually has a bit more coverage here so Sprint coverage will increase. I don't know what will happen with the towers that overlap. I think it's still cheaper to add wide band B25 than adding B41 equipment. If they add all three I would probably faint lol. Can someone let me know what Sprint has to do to add C block to a site? Is it just software, hardware or both.

Just Software update on Sprint towers. If open Mobile was using it as B2 on their towers then new equipment since Sprint broadcasts it as B25.

Just Software update on Sprint towers. If open Mobile was using it as B2 on their towers then new equipment since Sprint broadcasts it as B25.

Or they can do MFBI and advertise as B2/B25.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Or they can do MFBI and advertise as B2/B25.

Is that possible with Sprint G Block only being B25?

Is that possible with Sprint G Block only being B25?

B25 devices can see A-G blocks. B2 devices can see A-F.

So sprint devices can use open mobile sites if they advertise their existing network as b25 capable via MFBI.

• Like 2

So sprint devices can use open mobile sites if they advertise their existing network as b25 capable via MFBI.

B13 will be the interesting thing…

• Like 1

I tried googling to see if they were 2 or 25. Nothing comes up. Only says B13 was used for LTE.

I tried googling to see if they were 2 or 25. Nothing comes up. Only says B13 was used for LTE.

I don't know anyone with Open so I went to the store and checked signal on demo phone and only saw 10x10 B13. I may be wrong but I think they are using LTE only on B13 and the rest is 3G.

I don't know anyone with Open so I went to the store and checked signal on demo phone and only saw 10x10 B13. I may be wrong but I think they are using LTE only on B13 and the rest is 3G.

Yep. Sprint however will use 1900 MHz for LTE. They have been trimming it down to 10mhz CDMA in the United States, no reason they wouldn't do it there also.