Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

What is the amount of spectrum Openmobilepr...  pcs and lte..?

Openmobile had 15MHz of PCS (The C1 Block) and 22 MHz of the 700MHz Upper Band. I do not have any information on how much of that they are using for LTE.

Assuming the purchase is approved it would boost Sprint's spectrum position considerable in Puerto Rico. Unless I am mistaken, they currently only have 30 MHz of PCS there.

Openmobile had 15MHz of PCS (The C1 Block) and 22 MHz of the 700MHz Upper Band. I do not have any information on how much of that they are using for LTE.

Assuming the purchase is approved it would boost Sprint's spectrum position considerable in Puerto Rico. Unless I am mistaken, they currently only have 30 MHz of PCS there.

Plus the PCS C1 block is adjacent to the PCS G block, so the acquisition would allow Sprint to expand its PCS LTE carrier to 10mhz FDD, while leaving room for another CDMA carrier is wanted.

• Like 1

I work at Mayaguez. I will try a Speed test tomorrow. My girlfriend house is near the Howard Johnson Hotel. I noticed better speeds near the house. The only good places in Mayaguez that have always good LTE speeds. The mall, Terras McDonalds and the Howard Johnson. The rest of the Town sucks. Im from Aguada and I switch yhe iPhone to 3G because is must of the time much faster than LTE.

post-61687-0-07818700-1487294561_thumb.png

Edited by hmendez787

There is a site in the intersection of castillo and #2 road in mayagüez that appears to have antennas for 4 carriers..... any idea if sprint will place A VERY WELL NEEDED antenna there?

Good luck. I've been contacting Sprint for over a year to try and get at least a small cell added to this site. The other carriers felt it was worth it. This is Ramey btw so you know the area is pretty significant. 88ce640327970077e24f9d5427d8563c.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

88ce640327970077e24f9d5427d8563c.jpg

Courtyard by Marriott - Mos Eisley

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint/openmobile deal? Is that the CCA deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No this would just be Sprint quite simply buying Open Mobile and it's assets (that includes its network). The biggest benifits for Sprint would probably be lowband spectrum as well as a larger network that covers a majority of the inner island.

Would Sprint enable B13 on its phones just to use in one market?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

If they don't do it, then their only option is to sell to Claro, At&t, or T-Mobile. But that means those carriers will also have to add it to their future phones since none of them own any upper 700 licenses.

It may as well be Sprint. It's not like other carriers haven't done something similar. T-Mobile added B5 to their phones due to a small slice of 850 they own in Myrtle Beach, SC. Sprint also needs low band spectrum in Puerto Rico.

It may as well be Sprint. It's not like other carriers haven't done something similar. T-Mobile added B5 to their phones due to a small slice of 850 they own in Myrtle Beach, SC.

No, that example is of little relevance.  T-Mobile added band 5 to ride on AT&T LTE coattails and to roam on AT&T W-CDMA.  The outlier Myrtle Beach market had little to do with that RFP choice.

AJ

It was just a test. downtown.. Lets see if they get to Mayaguez terrace...

There is no certain dates on when will they finish testing and when they will launch?

Also... any news on the Sprint-OpenMobile deal?

This is the site on the castillo and road #2 crossing i talked about a couple of posts ago...anyone know is sprint will add a n antenna in that well placed tower?...

post-3222-0-08149300-1487789584_thumb.jpg