OTA for EVO Available

kckid

Received my OTA this morning for the EVO LTE. :D

The new software version is 2.13.651.1 71ORD

Android versoin 4.0.4

HTC Sense 4.1

HTC SDK API level 4.24

HTC Extension version HTCExtension_403_1_GA_22

Whatever that update did, I finally have LTE service in my house! It's nice to see that little 4G icon up there and not have it flash back to 3G after 10 seconds

That's great man enjoy that LTE. I can't wait until I get to use it.

Whatever that update did, I finally have LTE service in my house! It's nice to see that little 4G icon up there and not have it flash back to 3G after 10 seconds :D

That's good news. I'm overdue for an upgrade and like the EVO better than the S3 when I played with them both in the store a bit. But I was just too skeptical with all of the connection problems. If things are better with this new update I might think about it a little more seriously now.

Although I'm still thinking about possibly holding off to see if theres a phone early next year with 800 LTE. :unsure:

Background processes do seem to be working better with the update; Market updates for example aren't getting killed. Still a few oddities here and there (HTC Car app doesn't seem to recognize Google Play Music as a possible music app, for example).

By chance did anyone else have their phone turn into a paper weight today? My phone went to reboot and never made it past the HTC screen. Phone was stock with no modifications. I don't think the update had anything to do with it but just wanted to check.

Anything less than jelly bean is a let down.

A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.

• Like 2

By chance did anyone else have their phone turn into a paper weight today? My phone went to reboot and never made it past the HTC screen. Phone was stock with no modifications. I don't think the update had anything to do with it but just wanted to check.

Not here but I thought about making my phone a paper weight until the update showed up today. It was getting worse by the day. All my calls went straight to voicemail instead of ringing. All is good again!

Anyone see improvement in the LTE hanging on? Threshole improved?

Watch out for your cornhole...and your threshole, too.

AJ

• Like 1