htc evo 4g lte root for the new update 1.22

technoman888

Maybe someone here knows and can respond, but this Site is more concerned with 4G rollout updates. I think your query would be better served asked or researched at a site more intended for software hacking like xda.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (nakasi) using Forum Runner

Do a Google search for Regawmod its a one click solution. Read the instructions carefully though and understand you are voiding your warranty.

I just did this and loaded the Viper4G ROM. I hated having to do a factory reset, but the multitasking issues and other glitches were driving me nuts. The built-in customizability is incredible, and the battery life is really good. I haven't had a Sense reload, so far, and it's very, very smooth, performance-wise.

Right now, though, if you have HBOOT 1.15 (which came with 1.22), HTCDev.com is the only way to root the phone, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're a happy camper..and as it is with flashing a new ROM I hear a official update is available today from HTC ..

Of course!! And, it has Sense 4.1. LOL! It never stops, does it? At least, now that I am rooted, I can back up my apps and data with Titanium Backup and, once a rooted version of the OTA is available, I can try it out.

Of course, the Viper4G ROM will probably get Sense 4.1 very quickly, too.