Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Has anyone been experiencing speed drops around the city? Im normally parked on 41 but I've been on 26 for the past 24 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone been experiencing speed drops around the city? Im normally parked on 41 but I've been on 26 for the past 24 hours

It's up for debate right now, but I believe the northern half of Columbus area is seeing B26 be tested in areas it has yet been found. This testing, if happening, may be why your are seeing a change in bands right now.

It's up for debate right now, but I believe the northern half of Columbus area is seeing B26 be tested in areas it has yet been found. This testing, if happening, may be why your are seeing a change in bands right now.

It must be all over the place. On the south side I'm on 26. I'm on the east side now under a CA but it's park on 25. Not complaining it's still useable I'm just use to having things loading quicker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just in time for Christmas raffle -- enter to win a new 64gb samsung galaxy note 5 white!

Buying a ticket will also make you a sponsor, which gives you access to lots of cool info!

Very close to becoming fully funded.  This means you have GREAT odds on this Samsung Flagship CA phone with a processors that rarely throttles and enough storage for even someone like me. Plus it helps keep the lights on!! 

Edited by dkyeager
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loved Sprint (saved my butt since only service in my area - Canal Winchester/Pickerington) but it is time to say goodbye since Time Warner just came through my neighborhood (low-density area with no other sources of internet except satellite).  It was a great ride, but now must get rid of all my equipment.  Will part VERY reasonably:  Sprint Hotspot and Soho Surf router available.  PVT me if interested

Edited by KnarfOH
  • Like 1

Loved Sprint (saved my butt since only service in my area - Canal Winchester/Pickerington) but it is time to say goodbye since Time Warner just came through my neighborhood (low-density area with no other sources of internet except satellite). It was a great ride, but now must get rid of all my equipment. Will part VERY reasonably: Sprint Hotspot and Soho Surf router available. PVT me if interested

I'm so glad you've been able to secure a home ISP that you can use instead of Sprint LTE. Best of luck.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 6

• 5 weeks later...

Multiple GMO sites go LTE!!!

Several ground mount option sites going LTE were posted in the last two days for Northwest Columbus.  There may be more.  If you notice more LTE in your area filling in some of the gaps, let us know!!!  These sites cover a sizable area well suited for non-rural environments.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Question. Does anyone know why the majority of the Clearwire B41 band sites specifically throughout Columbus but specifically in the Whitehall and Bexley area are tremendously slower than the than the Sprint Towers? I'm thinking it is dated backhaul but I thought backhaul was updated during the Network Vision tear outs?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Question. Does anyone know why the majority of the Clearwire B41 band sites specifically throughout Columbus but specifically in the Whitehall and Bexley area are tremendously slower than the than the Sprint Towers? I'm thinking it is dated backhaul but I thought backhaul was updated during the Network Vision tear outs?

The tower by me is the same way. I think that's due to those towers are operating with WiMAX still.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk[/quote

The tower by me is the same way. I think that's due to those towers are operating with WiMAX still.

Correct.  The WiMAX was scheduled to be turned off several months ago, but kept running by court order until the end of the month.  Only then can Sprint start to convert many Clear sites in this market to Sprint B41 and add third carrier to the many B41 Sprint sites.  This should be part of the Next Generation Network upgrades that will hopefully begin soon.  Other upgrades are still continuing in this market including Bexley.  There are articles on all of this and Columbus located http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1-the-wall/ 

To get more specific information on Bexley and other places make a $10-20 donation depending on your circumstances to help keep this website operational.  You will then have a wealth of information on B25 LTE (including high capacity sites, 10x10 LTE, and B25 second carrier) and 1x800 along with 3G.  B41 and B26 LTE information is in the next tier (Premier).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

WiMAX is Dead.  Make way for CAx3 soon!!!

• Like 3

WiMAX is Dead. Make way for CAx3 soon!!!

It's officially offline in Columbus?

• 4 weeks later...

Sprint B41 Third Carrier CAx3-ready confirmed in the wild.  This should result in 50% more B41 performance per B41 site as it is implemented and much faster speeds for the latest Samsung S7 and S7 Edge smartphones.

Sprint B41 Third Carrier CAx3-ready confirmed in the wild. This should result in 50% more B41 performance per B41 site as it is implemented and much faster speeds for the latest Samsung S7 and S7 Edge smartphones.

for us iPhone users..does this mean we have too wait for i7? I know my 6s has better antennas but I don't know if it supports the new new network

for us iPhone users..does this mean we have too wait for i7? I know my 6s has better antennas but I don't know if it supports the new new network

You have to wait...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You will still see better speeds, as there will be more capacity to go around. You just won't be able to use all three carries at once like the S7/Edge can.

• Like 1