Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Idk much about peak speeds of 100mbps but so far on clear sites, we have seen ~70mbps down. With the new sprint b41 sites today, the sites seemed to be not fully configured yet. Speeds were near ~30mbps.

I'm getting about 30 where I live. I only asked that cause of sprint promising those peak speeds by years end but I'm sure that would probably depending on how far along b41 deployment is in a given city.

I'm getting about 30 where I live. I only asked that cause of sprint promising those peak speeds by years end but I'm sure that would probably depending on how far along b41 deployment is in a given city.

Well......on an unloaded site sure. Because Sprint is behind in capacity once a site is opened up and customers using it that may not happen unless you luck out.

When band 26 went live near me i could get 30 to 40 down on one sector but a different sector 2 or 3. This was a site that had just gone live and it was already full of data gobbling customers.

Well......on an unloaded site sure. Because Sprint is behind in capacity once a site is opened up and customers using it that may not happen unless you luck out.

When band 26 went live near me i could get 30 to 40 down on one sector but a different sector 2 or 3. This was a site that had just gone live and it was already full of data gobbling customers.

Just to note that much more spectrum available for 2.5Ghz, so the capacity woes of 5x5 1900 Mhz shouldn't be a problem.  We will never know until they go live.

I agree with others, Sprint B41 doesn't seem to be 100% configured.  Couldn't get above 30-40 and it felt capped.  It is very possible they are still testing these sites before a full switch / go.

Just to note that much more spectrum available for 2.5Ghz, so the capacity woes of 5x5 1900 Mhz shouldn't be a problem.  We will never know until they go live.

I agree with others, Sprint B41 doesn't seem to be 100% configured.  Couldn't get above 30-40 and it felt capped.  It is very possible they are still testing these sites before a full switch / go.

Perhaps they haven't increased the backhaul yet. In Boston, the first time I connected to an 8T8R site it was running at what seemed like a 40Mbps cap, but later I connected to a different 8T8R site in Chestnut Hill, where I was able to pull 71Mbps from.

• Like 1

Perhaps they haven't increased the backhaul yet. In Boston, the first time I connected to an 8T8R site it was running at what seemed like a 40Mbps cap, but later I connected to a different 8T8R site in Chestnut Hill, where I was able to pull 71Mbps from.

Yea, I think that is all it is.  Backhaul is live for that site (B25 and B26 connections), I just don't think they have "distributed" it for the B41 yet.  Here's to hoping it happens soon, :D!

• Like 1

No one promises peak speeds. Those are just the best speeds they say can be reached in ideal network and signal conditions. If you ask Sprint for speeds, they will always tell you their goal is to provide 5-8Mbps.

• Like 4

OK. I've mentioned before but I really wanted to get the new moto x since I like my current moto x. I'm due for an upgrade and want to enjoy band 41... But don't know if I can't wait for moto x since it's not guaranteed. HTC E8? Galaxy S5? G3 (a little to big). I know this isn't a board for phone advice but I want to enjoy triband goodness!

OK. I've mentioned before but I really wanted to get the new moto x since I like my current moto x. I'm due for an upgrade and want to enjoy band 41... But don't know if I can't wait for moto x since it's not guaranteed. HTC E8? Galaxy S5? G3 (a little to big). I know this isn't a board for phone advice but I want to enjoy triband goodness!

Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'll be selling my n5 32gb within next month or so....

*Cough*

Sales/Spam. Promoting or actively selling goods or services in S4GRU threads, posts and comments is prohibited in all forms after June 12, 2012. Exceptions require Administrator approval in advance.

• Like 3

*Cough*

Sales/Spam. Promoting or actively selling goods or services in S4GRU threads, posts and comments is prohibited in all forms after June 12, 2012. Exceptions require Administrator approval in advance.

Not promoting or actively selling.... Just a statement!

He's a law breaker? Where's the cops? Never a cop around when you need one.

I'm here now!  Sorry...donut break.

CopDonut.jpg

• Like 4