Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Still there , went Snowboarding , fell a couple of times lmao , my butt hurts , the service up here is nothing but 3G & 2G more 2G than expected but when i connect to the 3G it's faster than what I get at home , I'd say Sprint service up here is good when you have it , so basically they just need to add more towers & improve the calling quality .

Enjoy

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone in the Morris Park area of the bronx has noticed spotty 4g performance recently. I used to have blazing fast 4g right near Jacobi Hospital (Morris Park Ave & Eastchester Rd.) like around 10-12Mbps, and now I usually just get a 3g signal. When it is 4g, it's never faster than 4-5Mbps, but getting 4g at all is rare these days. It's like they had a 4g tower on, and then turned it off completely all of a sudden...also noticed my battery draining much faster once the fast 4g disappeared as well. Could my phone be chewing through more battery due to a weaker signal strength now? Anyone know anything about this? Thanks guys and keep the great info coming!

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone in the Morris Park area of the bronx has noticed spotty 4g performance recently. I used to have blazing fast 4g right near Jacobi Hospital (Morris Park Ave & Eastchester Rd.) like around 10-12Mbps, and now I usually just get a 3g signal. When it is 4g, it's never faster than 4-5Mbps, but getting 4g at all is rare these days. It's like they had a 4g tower on, and then turned it off completely all of a sudden...also noticed my battery draining much faster once the fast 4g disappeared as well. Could my phone be chewing through more battery due to a weaker signal strength now? Anyone know anything about this? Thanks guys and keep the great info coming!

Yes, your hypothesis is likely correct. If you have a weak LTE signal, it would cause a noticeable drop in battery life. It will improve when closer sites get enabled with LTE.

Robert

I am finally getting lte in my apartment. It just happened. About 5mbps down -105dbm signal speed. Not sure which tower went live but I like the progress. Hope the signal strength improves.

Where do u live? & were u getting LTE when you walked outside your aprmnt and what was the db outside?

It has something to do with being inside apparently even if u have full 5 bars right next to you 10 feet away outside

I never had a problem with 4G inside. I can't connect to 4G outside. I guess once they announce 4G for nyc I get 4G back.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

No. 466 and 297 are the same site, just different sectors. The serving cells are 169 off from each other on each site.

I really don't understand you comment. You are saying they are the same tower but different location??

I really don't understand you comment. You are saying they are the same tower but different location??

Each site has two or three sectors. Each sector has it's own panel facing in a different direction.

On an LTE site, each sector has a Cell ID. Each sector number from the same site is exactly 169 apart. So, digiblur is saying that he can tell the two Cell ID numbers you referenced are coming from the same exact site. One from one panel, one from another.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

Question guys. On http://network.sprint.com does that website display all the tower sites in an area

It shows only the sites that have received a maintenance upgrade or Network Vision upgrade in the past six months. If the site hasn't had work in the past six months, it is not shown. The only place to look at all Sprint site locations is the S4GRU Sponsor sections.

It shows only the sites that have received a maintenance upgrade or Network Vision upgrade in the past six months. If the site hasn't had work in the past six months, it is not shown. The only place to look at all Sprint site locations is the S4GRU Sponsor sections.

I had a question which I asked in the sponsors forum. Should I ask it here or wait for a response there?

Sprint is really expanding , I just found out that Sprint LTE is available in New Orleans (excuse me if im late on that news) & San Francisco , I know the San Francisco Market has just been launched im not sure about New Orleans tho .

Yeah that's why I kind of corrected myself because I added that it's the same band as 3G, EVDO. Just gotta be super patient until that day. Luckily I use Wi-Fi in the places I'm most often at.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

I think that's what the majority of the users will end up doing. It's always good to switch to WIFI anyway when you're home or work. Saves battery too.

Sprint is really expanding , I just found out that Sprint LTE is available in New Orleans (excuse me if im late on that news) & San Francisco , I know the San Francisco Market has just been launched im not sure about New Orleans tho .

And apparently Sprint made an announcement that New York is in pre launch phase and currently neo tested. If you look at the Sensorly app, a lot of Brooklyn has been covered as well as a large portion of Queens and just under half of Manhattan.

And apparently Sprint made an announcement that New York is in pre launch phase and currently neo tested. If you look at the Sensorly app, a lot of Brooklyn has been covered as well as a large portion of Queens and just under half of Manhattan.

Don't forget about the boogie down :)

Yeah I noticed that & its great I can't wait until my Market (Long Island) has it .