Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Their okay im just use to seeing 10-20mbps up even for Sprint

Seriously? Mind = blown.

I'll be good with a steady 5-10 Mbps down and 2 up once fully deployed. By the way the rollout on sensorly is looking, this market is making huge moves. Kudos

• Like 1

Seriously? Mind = blown.

I'll be good with a steady 5-10 Mbps down and 2 up once fully deployed. By the way the rollout on sensorly is looking, this market is making huge moves. Kudos

Yeah Seriously , lmaoo , I like to have super fast speeds at all times , but I guess ur right anything over 10-30down & 5-20up is good with me .

• Like 1

Yeah Seriously , lmaoo , I like to have super fast speeds at all times , but I guess ur right anything over 10-30down & 5-20up is good with me .

Whoa! 10-30 and 5-20 up? That sounds like a little greed. I would be happy with 10 down and 5 up and great latency.

• Like 1

Since we live in NY & Sprint is giving us LTE in the very near future , I think you should upgrade to the 5 trust me in the end it will be completely worth it .

I would upgrade to the 5 but my upgrade isnt until July.

• Like 1

The max upload you'll ever see on Sprint's LTE is 8mbps, if I'm not mistaken. The average will be 6-8mbps on the downlink and 2-3mbps on the uplink. Which is more than enough for any streaming app out there (Netflix, Youtube, etc.)

The max upload you'll ever see on Sprint's LTE is 8mbps, if I'm not mistaken. The average will be 6-8mbps on the downlink and 2-3mbps on the uplink. Which is more than enough for any streaming app out there (Netflix, Youtube, etc.)
Thats not true. LTE averages at 20-30 down when I have good coverage here. Sometimes 40. You're talking about the old skool 4G.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by hondaguy98

Thats not true. LTE averages at 20-30 down when I have good coverage here. Sometimes 40. You're talking about the old skool 4G.

I know what it averages, I get consistent 25-30mbps down daily. And there is no way anyone can actually get 40mbps down on the configuration that Sprint has deployed.

Key work is average advertised speed. What I quoted is Sprint's advertised speed for LTE. Most users will experience faster speeds, but the consistent speed to be expected is within that 6-8mbps range.

Source: I work for Sprint

• Like 3

Yea I'd rather wait another month or so until the 5s/6 comes out.

That's what I am hoping for. I'll probably get the 5S since there are rumors that Apple will release a new iPhone at their WWDC in June. Can't wait for LTE speeds.

Sprint doesn't cap speeds. That is definitely a crowded tower or degredation in quality of signal. Bars don't tell the whole story as, I vs have 3 bars and still get near 2Mbps speeds.

It can also be a backhaul issue or something wrong at the LTE core.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

This is accurate, but to clarify, the 6-8Mbps number that Sprint promoting was figured on heat maps of anticipated burdened loads. Sprint is advertising what the worst normal speeds that will likely be encountered, which is at a seam between two sites that is fully burdened, but not overburdened. These areas have not only reduced signal strength, being farther from the site, but also have some interference occurring from overlapping signals.

So if you built a heat map of NYC fully built out, based on speeds, you would see that near the sites speeds are 20Mbps+. In the middle area around a site, speeds would be 10-20Mbps. In the outer ring, you get 6-10Mbps. Beyond the outler ring, you would have a weak signal which may or may not provide service.

Sprint uses the outer ring to base its averages, because a lot of people will experience this performance if they live, work or travel through these areas. All carriers do this, actually.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I know what it averages, I get consistent 25-30mbps down daily. And there is no way anyone can actually get 40mbps down on the configuration that Sprint has deployed.

Key work is average advertised speed. What I quoted is Sprint's advertised speed for LTE. Most users will experience faster speeds, but the consistent speed to be expected is within that 6-8mbps range.

Source: I work for Sprint

yes. I know that.

Whoa! 10-30 and 5-20 up? That sounds like a little greed. I would be happy with 10 down and 5 up and great latency.

Ehh I guess , idk i just like to have blazing fast speeds .

Of course it is. The only real reason for high speeds is for video streaming. Anything else u can think of?

Guess ur right & i don't really stream videos that much anyways but just to know that i could get those speeds would make me happy

Thats incorrect bc places where Sprint LTE is already launched like Atlanta the download is around 20-30mbps & the upload is around 5-15mbps & thats why I said we should get 10-30down over here in the NYC . Sprint LTE shouldn't be any less than 10mbps & you guys are only saying you'll accept bc we don't have LTE all over the place & we've only gotten a taste of it .

Some phones report "No LTE" to Sensorly, which gets plotted as grey. Only a handful of phones do this. Most leave the map blank when they don't have LTE.

How do you map it on Sensorly ?

That's what I am hoping for. I'll probably get the 5S since there are rumors that Apple will release a new iPhone at their WWDC in June. Can't wait for LTE speeds.

Yaaas , join the party , i think if my mom gets her own plan i'll definitely be gettin the 5S .