Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I'm getting this box with a little o next to the sprint bars. it's literally in most places in brooklyn and then it finally goes to 3G.

Never was like that before.

http://i49.tinypic.com/295xv2r.jpg

I was in Brooklyn about 2 weeks ago and my iPhone 4S was also showing the 'o'. Im hoping that was because towers are being updated to NV but who knows for sure. Just have to be patient and hope that all this waiting around will pay off at the end. I was considering leaving Sprint last year but decided to stay. My contract ends in November and im really hoping that by then, Sprint would have completed the NYC NV updates in most parts of the market. My upgrade is in July so hopefully LTE is in most parts of the NYC market, otherwise i'll just wait till november to decide about my future with Sprint.

Weird encounter last night my signal kept spazzing out, lol it went from low to full and kept doing that back and forward for 2 hours, at first I thought it was my phone so I turned it off, problem still persisted so I guess they working on my tower again. Today I was traveling the Bronx and Sprint speeds are now decent at least IMO I was loading images and website rather quickly.

--

Chris

Weird encounter last night my signal kept spazzing out, lol it went from low to full and kept doing that back and forward for 2 hours, at first I thought it was my phone so I turned it off, problem still persisted so I guess they working on my tower again. Today I was traveling the Bronx and Sprint speeds are now decent at least IMO I was loading images and website rather quickly.

--

Chris

same happening to me at the same exact spot for the last 2 weeks. My network seems to be refreshing often too. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

First post and all. :) Decided to join since LTE finally became available in my area of Queens, 11432. I had randomly checked out Sensorly in the beginning of February, saw it was available, and have had LTE on ever since. Here's my screenshots from tonight:

ScreenShot2013-02-12at115424PM_zpsad4ff87d.jpg

2013-02-13000125_zps1c05c72c.png

I'm literally in the heart of that dark purple and I have about 3-4 bars indoors, 4-5 outdoors. Strength is -97 dBm 43 asu. I'm actually surprised that I'm not getting 20 or 10 Mbps peaks easily but I guess it's being capped right now.

Edited by EeZeEpEe
  • Like 1

First, :welc:

Couple of things going on with your speed, it's possible the signal strength or signal quality isn't quite as good as you think, thus giving lower speeds. Or, you happen to be in a place with lots of people using that LTE. I guessing the former.

As more towers come online, I'm sure speeds will climb a bit, or stabilize near that 8-10Mbps range, which hopefully is good enough.

• Like 2

--

Chris

3G speeds have definitely gotten so much better in the Bronx. A few months back 3G was useless. It was horrible. But lately I can stream videos on youtube and browse the web. All this waiting around is finally beginning to pay off.

First post and all. :) Decided to join since LTE finally became available in my area of Queens, 11432. I had randomly checked out Sensorly in the beginning of February, saw it was available, and have had LTE on ever since. Here's my screenshots from tonight:

I'm literally in the heart of that dark purple and I have about 3-4 bars indoors, 4-5 outdoors. Strength is -97 dBm 43 asu. I'm actually surprised that I'm not getting 20 or 10 Mbps peaks easily but I guess it's being capped right now.

Wow! I live in 11432. I have the 4S so I dont have access to LTE but I wasnt aware that LTE was beginning to show up in this area. My local tower still hasnt received NV so during the day, 3G is useless. Speeds are terrible. 2 months ago it received a speed upgrade and speeds were good but now they are terrible again. I am hoping it receives NV soon. At home I use wi-fi so I am in no hurry for it to receive NV but it'd be nice to run speed tests to see the much better and improved speeds NV will bring once it is updated.

Welcome to the group , glad you joined . The Speed's you have are great in comparison to 3G but those LTE speeds are generally slow , those tower's are probably being capped until the full release of the NYC Market around March , but its still great that you have LTE , that means Sprint is making some progress which is always good to hear .

Wow! I live in 11432. I have the 4S so I dont have access to LTE but I wasnt aware that LTE was beginning to show up in this area. My local tower still hasnt received NV so during the day, 3G is useless. Speeds are terrible. 2 months ago it received a speed upgrade and speeds were good but now they are terrible again. I am hoping it receives NV soon. At home I use wi-fi so I am in no hurry for it to receive NV but it'd be nice to run speed tests to see the much better and improved speeds NV will bring once it is updated.

Since we live in NY & Sprint is giving us LTE in the very near future , I think you should upgrade to the 5 trust me in the end it will be completely worth it .

• Like 1

Like I said before 4G has popped back on my phone. When try running a speed test. It will display the download speed but hang on the upload. Also my phone get extremely hot. <br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

Edited by Aprilgrl920

Welcome to the group , glad you joined . The Speed's you have are great in comparison to 3G but those LTE speeds are generally slow , those tower's are probably being capped until the full release of the NYC Market around March , but its still great that you have LTE , that means Sprint is making some progress which is always good to hear .

Sprint doesn't cap speeds. That is definitely a crowded tower or degredation in quality of signal. Bars don't tell the whole story as, I vs have 3 bars and still get near 2Mbps speeds.

Sprint doesn't cap speeds. That is definitely a crowded tower or degredation in quality of signal. Bars don't tell the whole story as, I vs have 3 bars and still get near 2Mbps speeds.

Yeah ur most likely right , lmaoo people are so excited to be able to access the network ,

Yeah ur most likely right , lmaoo people are so excited to be able to access the network ,

Here's what LTE looks like around the corner of my house, and by my house I only get 3G even when forced into 4G LTE only mode. :(

post-10365-1360765447918_thumb.jpg

Guess you're right but I've tried all hours of the day and haven't gotten 9 Mpbs or more download.

Here's what LTE looks like around the corner of my house, and by my house I only get 3G even when forced into 4G LTE only mode. :(

The download is nice but the upload is a lil slow for LTE.

• Like 1