Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

18 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

I'm assuming Sprint will eventually do CA on 5x5+10x10 on B25 which will be nice too.

But once they add B25 as PCC+ B41 as SCC, it will be even crazier..

18 hours ago, mirskyc said:

I hoping that CA on 5x5+10x10 on B25 comes soon. 5x5+5x5 came pretty soon after the second B25 5x5 carrier came online, just needed a phone that supported it.

15 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I'm with you on the second one especially. Band 25+41 carrier aggregation will be a game changer for Sprint. Especially with the increasingly large Band 25 carrier sizes providing greater upload speeds.

B25 10+5 CA is live in Kentucky. Should only be a matter of time until it is available in NYC.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9cbf8c71fc1a8df2ed74910cbb277c80.jpg4049795ae7b45cb6857f01e00ae26346.jpg

Verizon wireless speeds haven’t suffered here in Manhattan. All of their small cells are fed by the same fiber lines that FIOS run on it.

Also, they are deploying those massive big single antennas next to their AWS radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, SprintNYC said:

9cbf8c71fc1a8df2ed74910cbb277c80.jpg4049795ae7b45cb6857f01e00ae26346.jpg

Verizon wireless speeds haven’t suffered here in Manhattan. All of their small cells are fed by the same fiber lines that FIOS run on it.

Also, they are deploying those massive big single antennas next to their AWS radios.

Got Big Red beat on peak speeds and ping! LOL Nice upload tho..

Competition is a great thing. Im good with all the carriers performing well for more options and better pricing.

Screenshot_20180403-133908_Speedtest.jpg

• Like 1

eb6f98d3cb46bc8dfe52963e80c2b846.jpg

iPhones are slow compared to the Galaxy lines when it comes to radio,nevertheless Sprints speeds have gone up dramatically here in New York.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SprintNYC said:

eb6f98d3cb46bc8dfe52963e80c2b846.jpg

iPhones are slow compared to the Galaxy lines when it comes to radio,nevertheless Sprints speeds have gone up dramatically here in New York.

Yes, Sprint has truly come into its own here in NYC. Its crazy to think that these speeds were achieved without 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM, that should push peak and average speeds 2x.

more Speed test from last couple of weeks..

• Like 1

Still waiting for the 3rd carrier to go live on my site at work. Also waiting on 10x10 to go live as well. I wonder which will come first. Averaging 30-40Mbps Download and 2 Mbps upload currently on B41

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
With the launch of 10x10, Sprint has as much spectrum for LTE online as VZW does in NYC and it's definitely showing in the speed increase across the city. Verizon is down to it's last 20MHz in CLR to bring online and they're likely only going to bring a 5x5 online until the CDMA shutdown in 2020/2021 sometime. But they still have something like 350MHz of mmWave spectrum that they will deploy for 5G here.
Just think when Sprint fires up the 4th B41 and maybe A 5th that would be more spectrum than VZW.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

And...

256QAM enabled in NYC, still waiting on 4x4MIMO..

I'm wondering if that's the case in Boston too. I came across a Band 41 site yesterday that was giving me 44Mbps on a single carrier which is out of the ordinary for the area I was in. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

I'm wondering if that's the case in Boston too. I came across a Band 41 site yesterday that was giving me 44Mbps on a single carrier which is out of the ordinary for the area I was in. 

My single carrier B41 speeds have also gone up.  I didn't think to check for 256QAM.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

My single carrier B41 speeds have also gone up.  I didn't think to check for 256QAM.

Do you know if the iPhone 8 supports 256QAM? I’ll go out and test my speeds today. 

11 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Pretty sure it does not. 

I think it does. But 256 QAM on B41 seems a bit redundant. In order for 256 QAM to work, you'll need an extremely good SNR (north of 18-20 dB). The only times I ever got a clean signal like that on B41 was whenever I stood next to a tower.

18 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

I think it does. But 256 QAM on B41 seems a bit redundant. In order for 256 QAM to work, you'll need an extremely good SNR (north of 18-20 dB). The only times I ever got a clean signal like that on B41 was whenever I stood next to a tower.

In NYC, Sprint has over 1000 Macro sites in close proximity and hundreds of small cells, so seeing clean SNR isn't uncommon. But it is true that SNR does take a hit during peak hours, so maybe under those circumstances it's less likely to take advantage of 256QAM.

• Like 1

finally broke my speed record on Monday in Middle Village Queens. I've been here before but have never seen speeds this high. I was looking at the site on the rooftop when taking these test. 

Could this be 256QAM? I have the Essential and I'm not sure if its supports 256QAM on B41 

KMiLFkY.png?1ogc4oEt.png?1

ik5IOGx.png?1COI4JKx.png?1

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

finally broke my speed record on Monday in Middle Village Queens. I've been here before but have never seen speeds this high. I was looking at the site on the rooftop when taking these test. 

Could this be 256QAM? I have the Essential and I'm not sure if its supports 256QAM on B41

Great speeds! But I do not think the essential supports 256QAM. 

1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

Great speeds! But I do not think the essential supports 256QAM. 

I think I might have to pick up a GS9 really soon, maybe even this weekend for testing in Chicago. Although I hate Samsungs UI they are they only company with a phone that support all of Sprints newest tech being deployed. I know the v30 had 4xCA but the GS9 has 5xCA. Haven't found any details for the LG G7, im a big LG fan so if it can rival the GS9 I might end up with that. 

19 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

I think I might have to pick up a GS9 really soon, maybe even this weekend for testing in Chicago. Although I hate Samsungs UI they are they only company with a phone that support all of Sprints newest tech being deployed. I know the v30 had 4xCA but the GS9 has 5xCA. Haven't found any details for the LG G7, im a big LG fan so if it can rival the GS9 I might end up with that. 

I've been rocking my GS9+ since day 1 release, and it is without question, the most powerful radio of any device. Not to mention, the rest of the device is awesome!

18 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

I've been rocking my GS9+ since day 1 release, and it is without question, the most powerful radio of any device. Not to mention, the rest of the device is awesome!

Do you have the sprint or unlocked one?

Samsung is selling the sprint version  for $719 to match the unlocked price. They are also offering $300 for my V20 which is collecting dust. I just have to use there yearly upgrade financing program. I'll most likely just keep the phone for 2 year

Just not sure if the unlocked version has HPUE calling plus and some other features 

18 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Do you have the sprint or unlocked one?

Samsung is selling the sprint version  for $719 to match the unlocked price. They are also offering $300 for my V20 which is collecting dust. I just have to use there yearly upgrade financing program. I'll most likely just keep the phone for 2 year

Just not sure if the unlocked version has HPUE calling plus and some other features 

I'm on the Sprint version, didn't want to risk missing features. But I do believe most features are working on the unlocked version, either by default or thru workarounds.

$719 is an excellent deal for this device.

8 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

I'm on the Sprint version, didn't want to risk missing features. But I do believe most features are working on the unlocked version, either by default or thru workarounds.

$719 is an excellent deal for this device.

With my LG V20 trade in it comes out to 419.99 / 17.50 a month for 2 years. I think thats an amazing deal since I my V20 wouldn't sell for 300 on swappa

10 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

giphy.gif

Just ordered it. Unfortunately I wont have it for my Chicago trip. Thanks for the help.

How do you find Calling Plus to be in NYC? With my essential phone I drop to 3G quite often. 

5 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Just ordered it. Unfortunately I wont have it for my Chicago trip. Thanks for the help.

How do you find Calling Plus to be in NYC? With my essential phone I drop to 3G quite often. 

I rarely ever drop to 3G, (unless in elevator or some odd place, but phone switches to LTE farely quickly) But calling plus works well in areas without congestion. The north Bronx is only place where there is no 3xCA so its fine 70% of the time. But in other boroughs (South Bx, Manhattan, BK and Queens even LI) I have a solid experience (Good 8 out of 10 times)

• Like 1