Ace41690

Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

8 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Nope. 10+5 is the maximum without 100% cdma shutdown.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

But they are only doing 5+5 now. Doesn't that mean there is room before 100% cdma shutdown

But they are only doing 5+5 now. Doesn't that mean there is room before 100% cdma shutdown
Mhm. Considering it's NYC, there's no doubt refarming is needed to be done from sites that have more than 3 CDMA carriers live. So that's the restriction.

7 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Mhm. Considering it's NYC, there's no doubt refarming is needed to be done from sites that have more than 3 CDMA carriers live. So that's the restriction.

I am never on 3G in NYC, The only time my phone drops off of LTE is in basements or elevators. But when that happens my phone is usually only on 1x800.  The only other time is in Penn Station. I find B26 usually drops around the same time EVDO drops.  Curious what the hold up is. 

I am never on 3G in NYC, The only time my phone drops off of LTE is in basements or elevators. But when that happens my phone is usually only on 1x800.  The only other time is in Penn Station. I find B26 usually drops around the same time EVDO drops.  Curious what the hold up is. 
Yes but that's your experience in the areas your transit. Sprint would have info on specific areas where such usage requirements are still high especially CDMA 1x voice usage.

Evdo may be relatively unloaded these days but the 1x carriers may not be considering volte is not live and calling plus is not widespread.

1 minute ago, lilotimz said:

Yes but that's your experience in the areas your transit. Sprint would have info on specific areas where such usage requirements are still high especially CDMA 1x voice usage.

Evdo may be relatively unloaded these days but the 1x carriers may not be considering volte is not live and calling plus is not widespread.

Of course.. I would prefer loosing all Evdo for increased LTE, but leaving the 1x voice carrier and 1x800. 

49 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Of course.. I would prefer loosing all Evdo for increased LTE, but leaving the 1x voice carrier and 1x800. 

Ah but you forget that there are potentially multiple 1x Voice carriers to meet voice demand and people complain about 1x voice quality in several regions where cdma has been thinned. It's a delicate balancing act for sure when refarming spectrum. 

1 hour ago, mirskyc said:

Of course.. I would prefer loosing all Evdo for increased LTE...

Whenever anyone "looses," we all lose a little bit of intelligence.

AJ

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2017 at 1:42 AM, nexgencpu said:

Fastest speed I've ever hit.

This was taken on 37th St and 5th Ave..

Screenshot_20171115-013907.jpg

Finally had time to go to this area. I was about to hit 30 to 45 Mbps at around 1PM. Uploads were anywhere from 2 to 6 Mbps. This is with just 3x CA. I hope Clear sites are the first to be upgraded to High Capacity equipment. 

9 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Finally had time to go to this area. I was about to hit 30 to 45 Mbps at around 1PM. Uploads were anywhere from 2 to 6 Mbps. This is with just 3x CA. I hope Clear sites are the first to be upgraded to High Capacity equipment. 

It would make sense to start with Clear sites. BTW in this area, I'm usually hitting between 40-60mbs during the day.

• Like 1

Went shopping at Bay plaza mall today and not having that 3rd carrier in the Bronx is not really doing Sprint any favors in really high traffic locations. This was first time in a really long time that I've seen Sprint struggle in NYC.

TMobile had a very similar experience to Sprint. My sister's Verizon line on the other hand was running awesome. 

It's all about location.

8 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Went shopping at Bay plaza mall today and not having that 3rd carrier in the Bronx is not really doing Sprint any favors in really high traffic locations. This was first time in a really long time that I've seen Sprint struggle in NYC.

TMobile had a very similar experience to Sprint. My sister's Verizon line on the other hand was running awesome. 

It's all about location.

Hopefully they deploy it soon and also deploy small cells with Altice’s backhaul 

28 minutes ago, IamMrFamous07 said:

Hopefully they deploy it soon and also deploy small cells with Altice’s backhaul 

It seems to be a lack of contiguous B41 spectrum in the northern part of the BX. Waiting for non-contiguous B41 to be deployed, I hear devices are being seeded as we speak.

But in terms of small cells, Sprint has a sh#t ton already deployed in the Bronx.

3 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

It's all about location.

I go there usually once a month for the movies and I find the same thing. There are still some areas throughout the city that the signal is struggling. 

42 minutes ago, twospirits said:

I go there usually once a month for the movies and I find the same thing. There are still some areas throughout the city that the signal is struggling. 

Until Sprint can at least deploy that third carrier it's gonna continue to be an issue. Densifying will help but capacity is really the issue since signal strength is usually good to excellent.