Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I know you guys have a strict policy against posting Speedtest results in here but I just had to share this. It’s almost as fast as my home WiFi. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Sprint out such speeds. I’m amazed lol. 1b2aad029a0fbab61344e03b8e11e3aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IsaiahL said:
I know you guys have a strict policy against posting Speedtest results in here but I just had to share this. It’s almost as fast as my home WiFi. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Sprint out such speeds. I’m amazed lol. 

There's no such policy. Posting extremely slow speed tests without context or just to complain is not tolerated.

(For example, "Look at this ridiculously slow speed! Sprint sux," would not be tolerated if there wasn't more information).

Sent from my LG G6

• Like 4

There's no such policy. Posting extremely slow speed tests without context or just to complain is not tolerated.  
(For example, "Look at this ridiculously slow speed! Sprint sux," would not be tolerated if there wasn't more information).

Sent from my LG G6

There’s not point to that. If Sprint sucks so much then just switch carriers lol. But in this case Sprint is doing an amazing job. I remember when Network vision first started, they’ve had tremendous growth since then. Super proud of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IsaiahL said:

I remember when Network vision first started, they’ve had tremendous growth since then. Super proud of them.

When I first switched to Sprint, I couldn’t place a call at my house. Today I can easily pull 130-140 mbps download on LTE at home. They’ve certainly come a long way. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I ask this a lot but has Sprint switched to Config 2 in NYC yet? That 86/5 speed test made me think they might have. I heard Washington D.C. recently switched to Config 2.

I haven't noticed any change yet.

6 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I ask this a lot but has Sprint switched to Config 2 in NYC yet? That 86/5 speed test made me think they might have. I heard Washington D.C. recently switched to Config 2.

3 hours ago, mirskyc said:

I haven't noticed any change yet.

I did notice the change on my nearest home lamppost pico cell, with speedtest 77/6. Since it usually with high upload speed on this post.  And also I did the speedtest at my home is on macro cell, finally got 98/5 with higher download speed that usually get 67/11 back then.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

So I just checked at I am usually on wifi in my home. But facing my macro tower this morning I got this https://imgur.com/8TUWIur, never pop close to 40 ever in the area. And uploads are consistently meh... Another link with higher upload but doesn't cross 8 up. speedtest https://imgur.com/gallery/bC8zM

Edited by transitwatch889
Added link
  • Like 1

Same here in Midtown. The site that covers my office normally hits download speeds of 50 Mbps at most and uploads above 8 Mbps. Just ran a few tests and I'm reaching 65 Mbps download and can't get faster than 4 Mbps upload. 

Fastest speed I've ever hit.
This was taken on 37th St and 5th Ave..

Lol that has to be fake. *sarcasm* I've never seen sprint go faster than my home wifi. I have FIOS 100mbs set up & usually I get around 110. But Sprint putting out 200+, that is INCREDIBLE.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Looks like T1 and T5 just got 3xCA DAS on air in JFK. 

Especially nice to see T5 since that's one of the most traveled on.

Just saw that tweet. But I noticed he only said tridband DAS and not 3xCA. He mentioned 3xCA for the Chicago airport DAS and those speeds were over 300mbps. Could these JFK DAS be only 2x CA?

edit: anyone know if the other terminals have a DAS. The parking lot for T4 has a triband 3xCA site it that covers most of the terminal 

35 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Just saw that tweet. But I noticed he only said tridband DAS and not 3xCA. He mentioned 3xCA for the Chicago airport DAS and those speeds were over 300mbps. Could these JFK DAS be only 2x CA?

edit: anyone know if the other terminals have a DAS. The parking lot for T4 has a triband 3xCA site it that covers most of the terminal 

Right outside of T5 is 3xca. But somebody has to be indoors to confirm.

1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

Right outside of T5 is 3xca. But somebody has to be indoors to confirm.

Im flying out of T5 at the end of January but I'm sure someone will be flying through sooner

3 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Im flying out of T5 at the end of January but I'm sure someone will be flying through sooner

Got you beat by a couple weeks, I'm gonna be there on the 20th of December. I'll check it out then if some one else doesn't beat me to it.

I found a Band 41 site in Brooklyn that is messed up. It's giving me pings of over 100ms and download speeds struggle to get over 1Mbps. I reported it in the My Sprint app and hopefully others have noticed and reported it too. Otherwise, download speeds have definitely increased across the board. I'm able to get up to 68Mbps in my house on Band 41 now.

I have found out that the essential phone doesn't work well with clearwire towers trying to report it, so far no luck i even had emailed essential support no response, i hope is a software and hardware issue