Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Any 2xca live in New York on band 25

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, all over NYC.

2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Yes, all over NYC.

Really? Since when? Maybe I wasn't paying attention or maybe I've been on Band 41 too much lol. I always noticed the second Band 25 carrier but I never saw it aggregated with the first carrier.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Really? Since when? Maybe I wasn't paying attention or maybe I've been on Band 41 too much lol. I always noticed the second Band 25 carrier but I never saw it aggregated with the first carrier.

I first noticed it around June.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Yes, all over NYC.

Not all towers have a second carrier still. I remember when it went live for some and never saw it go live for others as well. So it's probably based on network load for a particular area that got serviced and updated.

Not all towers have a second carrier still. I remember when it went live for some and never saw it go live for others as well. So it's probably based on network load for a particular area that got serviced and updated.
NYC is huge Enough you think every tower would have the 2nd carrier and that it would also be 10x10. Sprint needs something more than 5x5 on every tower by now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, transitwatch889 said:

It's not live on every site. I'd say somewhere in the 85% range. 

Funny too, as luck would have it, my home site does not have it. But every other site in the Bronx I've hit has it live. Which include sites in Manhattan Queens and BK I've hit.

3 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

NYC is huge Enough you think every tower would have the 2nd carrier and that it would also be 10x10. Sprint needs something more than 5x5 on every tower by now.

While I do agree it should be on all sites, luckily, B41 is quite ubiquitous. Very difficult to not be on B41.

When I check my logs I am on B41 90% of the time.

• Like 1

While I do agree it should be on all sites, luckily, B41 is quite ubiquitous. Very difficult to not be on B41.
When I check my logs I am on B41 90% of the time.
90 % is hugh. Higher FDD is still good to. More Spectrum on LTE the better.

1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

It's not live on every site. I'd say somewhere in the 85% range. 

Funny too, as luck would have it, my home site does not have it. But every other site in the Bronx I've hit has it live. Which include sites in Manhattan Queens and BK I've hit.

That's very generous. In less touristy areas I would say Sprint hasn't really paid much mind too. Parts of East Harlem. North west Bronx are lacking for sure. I frequent those area and always check to see if there is any progress being made and it's been stalled development for awhile. They changed the tilt of towers that use to receive band 41 signal and the best you can get in one place is overloaded 3g that particular area needs small cells badly if there isn't too be extended macro site deployment. I stopped reporting as there wasn't work being done. That was over a year ago sadly. It's a sport bar so fortunately they have wifi inside. That particular area is around 116th and first ave. If you ever go there check it for yourself.

1 minute ago, Tengen31 said:

90 % is hugh. Higher FDD is still good to. More Spectrum on LTE the better.

In fact, B41 handles so much of the load, B25 2xCA that I have connected to are fast, typically 15mbs+ even in densely populated areas.

I have not noticed 2x CA on B25 yet. I do notice a 2nd 5x5 B25 carrier on most of the time I do connect to B25. I don't connect B25 that much in Manhattan due to B41 density. In parts of Queens where I don't get B25 due to less site density or the site lacking B41 I have not noticed 2xCA either. I will keep an eye out this week for it. 

When I happen to drop to B25 deep inside a building in NYC my speeds are still great due to B41 handling most of the load. 

I have not noticed 2x CA on B25 yet. I do notice a 2nd 5x5 B25 carrier on most of the time I do connect to B25. I don't connect B25 that much in Manhattan due to B41 density. In parts of Queens where I don't get B25 due to less site density or the site lacking B41 I have not noticed 2xCA either. I will keep an eye out this week for it. 
B25 CA is not as wide spread in any market as B41 CA. Yet anyway

3 minutes ago, transitwatch889 said:

That's very generous. In less touristy areas I would say Sprint hasn't really paid much mind too. Parts of East Harlem. North west Bronx are lacking for sure. I frequent those area and always check to see if there is any progress being made and it's been stalled development for awhile. They changed the tilt of towers that use to receive band 41 signal and the best you can get in one place is overloaded 3g that particular area needs small cells badly if there isn't too be extended macro site deployment. I stopped reporting as there wasn't work being done. That was over a year ago sadly. It's a sport bar so fortunately they have wifi inside. That particular area is around 116th and first ave. If you ever go there check it for yourself.

Theres certain areas that are not perfect, like a few spots in the upper east side, so I'm not surprised with your findings, but that's more of an exception than the rule.

Also, no third carrier in the Bronx, makes things less than ideal, but small cells have helped quite a bit. But peak speeds have suffered. 

After the huge influx of small cells, things have not changed within the city very much, hopefully upgrades are coming soon since Capex has been increased.

3 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

When I happen to drop to B25 deep inside a building in NYC my speeds are still great due to B41 handling most of the load. 

Does your device support CA on B25?

6 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Theres certain areas that are not perfect, like a few spots in the upper east side, so I'm not surprised with your findings, but that's more of an exception than the rule.

Also, no third carrier in the Bronx, makes things less than ideal, but small cells have helped quite a bit. But peak speeds have suffered. 

After the huge influx of small cells, things have not changed within the city very much, hopefully upgrades are coming soon since Capex has been increased.

I'm hoping the first major upgrades in NYC include upgrading all the Clear B41 equipment to 64t64r, 4x4 mimo, and 256QAM. They were the first B41 LTE sites to go live and are mostly in the more populated areas. 

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Does your device support CA on B25?

I believe so, I have the LG V20. Wasn't it one of the first B25 CA phones on Sprint?

1 minute ago, mirskyc said:

I believe so, I have the LG V20. Wasn't it one of the first B25 CA phones on Sprint?

I believe it does, check the engineering screens again cause all the sites I connect to in Manhattan are 2xCA.

3 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

I believe it does, check the engineering screens again cause all the sites I connect to in Manhattan are 2xCA.

The Clear B41 site that I normally connect to has been on the fritz this week so I've been connecting to B25 on and off. I believe from a different site due to Clear sites being separate from Sprint Equipment. An employee told me there is a ticket and should be fixed soon. But B25 is actually handling pretty well for what it is but still no CA based on this screen shot

UoSS8Iv.png?1

12 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

While it may support 2xCA for B25, I am not sure it has been enabled. You may have to enable it yourself with the MSL. The LG G6 and G5 support 2xCA for B25, but neither one has been enabled by Sprint. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mirskyc said:

I'm hoping the first major upgrades in NYC include upgrading all the Clear B41 equipment to 64t64r, 4x4 mimo, and 256QAM. 

64T64R is 64x64 MIMO...

64T64R is 64x64 MIMO...
Nope. That's just amount of transmitters like 8t8r running 2x2 or 4x4 mimo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Nope. That's just amount of transmitters like 8t8r running 2x2 or 4x4 mimo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

One day when our smartphones are very advanced...

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 3:44 PM, transitwatch889 said:

The Sprint macro site on East Harlem 116th and Madison ave haven't been upgraded completely to an 8T8R tower. Also, there aren't any small cells in that area which makes service terrible in the Mall in East Harlem. Regardless that is the only part in Manhattan where I see issues with the network.