Ace41690

Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

I swear some how sprint is getting faster in NYC. First is at my desk at work on 33rd between Park and Madison, second is on 34th and Park. 

SznXvJn.jpg?1

MCl5J6K.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

I swear some how sprint is getting faster in NYC. First is at my desk at work on 33rd between Park and Madison, second is on 34th and Park. 

Those uploads! Could it mean that Sprint finally switch their download:upload ratio in NYC?

• Like 2

Just now, Paynefanbro said:

Those uploads! Could it mean that Sprint finally switch their download:upload ratio in NYC?

I thought that when I took the first Speedtest. They were different days so the 60mbps one was first even though the time was later. Thats from a Clear site. But once I took the 2nd one today and the upload was over 8Mbps I thought maybe they haven't switched the ratio yet. That one is from a MM site. Unless upload CA is in effect and my V20 supports itl 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mirskyc said:

SznXvJn.jpg?1

MCl5J6K.jpg

I saw a old forum from the past that shows Sprint can do 10x10 B25 in NYC. So they have areas where it's possible yet have not done it. Yet away.

3 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

I saw a old forum from the past that shows Sprint can do 10x10 B25 in NYC. So they have areas where it's possible yet have not done it. Yet away.

Sprint has already deployed 2xCA on B25..

• Like 2

Good but I was talking about it being possible for one of the carriers to be 10x10 instead of 5x5.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Good but I was talking about it being possible for one of the carriers to be 10x10 instead of 5x5.

That has been possible since B25 CA’s initial release...

Speeds have slowed down a lot in Sheapsheadbay area / Kings highway  Brooklyn.  (0.50kb/s...)

Not sure whats going on. What really pisses me off is the terrible service I get while on above ground subway.

I take the N or Q to Manhattan and its slow and cant watch much videos.

T mobile was great when I did the test drive awhile back on the above ground subway.

I think I will switch soon once my contract is up,  Sprint is better now but its so damn inconsistent. 

Edited by Palan

Are you guys seeing any 2xca on upload

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

No, NYC still broadcasting TDD config 1..

22 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

What I can tell you is that a bunch of markets are already broadcasting Config 2, and check out massive speeds even without 4x4 MIMO..

Screenshot_20171022-132809.jpg

• Like 4

I would like to see some more progress in the more residential areas of New York City boroughs. Seems things have kind of taken a slow progression. Haven't been able to report any new activity out this way.

4 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

What I can tell you is that a bunch of markets are already broadcasting Config 2, and check out massive speeds even without 4x4 MIMO..

Wait..these speeds are actually being realized currently in real world use? That's insane!

5 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

Where are these speeds and who is taking the tests? Need more evidence....

6 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

Wait..these speeds are actually being realized currently in real world use? That's insane!

Yup! Config 2+3XCA using GS8 in greenwood Indiana..

This was taken 5am, unloaded tower.

During the day speeds hover between 200-260mbs

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Where are these speeds and who is taking the tests? Need more evidence....

I have engineering screens and multiple speed test. Config 2 max speeds are 336mb (112.5x3)

check out these from around queens today.

tiGvcmM.jpg?1

6zlqlPB.jpg

• Like 6

Hopefully the  improvements in Long Island and I have a feeling the same is happening in North NJ as well as most of the network, will allow Sprint to dominate the root metric report for NYC.

I only recently realize how much more spectrum Sprint as than its competition. I tested out a Verizon sim and they only have 10x10 B17, 15x15 B2, and 20x20 B4. I honestly thought they have 20x20 for each band in NYC. Speeds on each band individually never  reach over 10mbps. They only have 10 mhz more than T-Mobile; 5mhz more in the low band and 5 in the mid band for the smaller amount of customers this gives t-mobile a great advantage. But Sprint has a even greater advantage with even less customers and even more Spectrum. 75 x 75 if you combine is all but realistically it's 60 x 60 with 3xCA. When it comes to 3xCA Sprint has the most aggregated spectrum of any network. 

Edited by mirskyc

39 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Hopefully the  improvements in Long Island and I have a feeling the same is happening in North NJ as well as most of the network, will allow Sprint to dominate the root metric report for NYC.

I only recently realize how much more spectrum Sprint as than its competition. I tested out a Verizon sim and they only have 10x10 B17, 15x15 B2, and 20x20 B4. I honestly thought they have 20x20 for each band in NYC. Speeds on each band individually never  reach over 10mbps. They only have 10 mhz more than T-Mobile and only 5mhz more in the low band and 5 in the mid band for the lower amount of customers this gives t-mobile a great advantage. But Sprint has a even greater advantage with even less customers and even more Spectrum. 75 x 75 if you combine is all but realistically it's 60 x 60 with 3xCA. When it comes to 3xCA Sprint has the most aggregated spectrum of any network. 

The funny thing is that in the west and northern Bronx, Sprint has yet to deploy the 3rd carrier,  from what I hear, they do not seem to have 60Mhz of contiguous band 41.  

They might have to wait until they finally deploy non contiguous CA. <_<

17 hours ago, mirskyc said:

I only recently realize how much more spectrum Sprint as than its competition. I tested out a Verizon sim and they only have 10x10 B17, 15x15 B2, and 20x20 B4. I honestly thought they have 20x20 for each band in NYC. Speeds on each band individually never  reach over 10mbps. They only have 10 mhz more than T-Mobile; 5mhz more in the low band and 5 in the mid band for the smaller amount of customers this gives t-mobile a great advantage. But Sprint has a even greater advantage with even less customers and even more Spectrum. 75 x 75 if you combine is all but realistically it's 60 x 60 with 3xCA. When it comes to 3xCA Sprint has the most aggregated spectrum of any network. 

Where are you coming up with 60x60? If you're talking about B41, remember it is not paired spectrum. The UL and DL is on the same channel, so it's 20+20+20 on 3xCA. Simply 60MHz, not 60x60. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Where are you coming up with 60x60? If you're talking about B41, remember it is not paired spectrum. The UL and DL is on the same channel, so it's 20+20+20 on 3xCA. Simply 60MHz, not 60x60. 

Yes I'm aware of that. Just trying to make a comparison. For the download link its a very close comparison 

VZW uses B13 not 17 which can't go any higher than 10x10. They can reframe to add B5, VZW also bought B66 there.

VZW uses B13 not 17 which can't go any higher than 10x10. They can reframe to add B5, VZW also bought B66 there.

Correct. And Verizon has deployed 20x20 B2 and B4 across the entire NYC metro area. Only EVDO/1x left is on B5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WiseGuy321 said:

Correct. And Verizon has deployed 20x20 B2 and B4 across the entire NYC metro area. Only EVDO/1x left is on B5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My rooted Nexus 6 only shows 15x15 on B2 on Long Island and in Manhattan