Jump to content
Ace41690

Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

Very odd, this was one of the first Small cells found in NYC. Pretty sure they all ran at 20Mhz. Manhattan has plenty of spectrum and 3xCA is already deployed. Maybe its an error on the engineering screen. 

What device are you using?

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Since today, they change the frequency for GCI: 012A8E31 EARFCN: 41276 BW: 20 Mhz back to EARFCN: 39965 and now I found that I connect to the GCI: 012A8E39 EARFCN: 40142 BW: 15 and check the engineer screen found it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is the engineer screen and SignalCheck Pro.

Screenshot_20170911-131328.png

Screenshot_20170911-142228.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was walking past a sprint store in NYC yesterday night and figured it open SCP to see if I was connect to any sort of small cell in the store. To my surprise I was connected to a MM, which is odd when you are in the middle of the block. Most MM in NYC are on street corners.  After walking past the first window and past the door I saw a magic box sitting in the 2nd window. 

 

Q9z7NrG.jpg?1

EOTrP1C.png

0DVAwsV.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

was walking past a sprint store in NYC yesterday night and figured it open SCP to see if I was connect to any sort of small cell in the store. To my surprise I was connected to a MM, which is odd when you are in the middle of the block. Most MM in NYC are on street corners.  After walking past the first window and past the door I saw a magic box sitting in the 2nd window. 

 

Q9z7NrG.jpg?1

EOTrP1C.png

0DVAwsV.jpg

I don't Believe this is a MB, this might be one of the other forms of small cells.

Also SCP has been updated to detect MB GCI..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nexgencpu said:

I don't Believe this is a MB, this might be one of the other forms of small cells.

What makes you think that? What could it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

What makes you think that? What could it be?

I have 2 MBs and first gen or second gen do not look at way plus the GCI is not MB..

 

Check that, could be first gen MB and GCI is not being detected properly..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i thought that scp pro was suppose to say magic box instead of B41 MM. I'll have to go back there and see what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like you're connected to a small cell. The range of it depends but you definitely could still be connected one even if your down the block. When Sprint first started activating small cells, I would connect to them up to a block and a half away from the corner it was spotted at. 

The ping also points to it being a small cell. Magic Boxes tend not to have pings that low. Macro sites in NYC are typically in the high 20's/low 30's and small cells tend to be low 20's in my experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mirskyc said:

was walking past a sprint store in NYC yesterday night and figured it open SCP to see if I was connect to any sort of small cell in the store. To my surprise I was connected to a MM, which is odd when you are in the middle of the block. Most MM in NYC are on street corners.  After walking past the first window and past the door I saw a magic box sitting in the 2nd window. 

 

Q9z7NrG.jpg?1

EOTrP1C.png

0DVAwsV.jpg

You're connected to the small cell on the lamppost. Based on my cellmapper.

https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=310&MNC=120&type=LTE&latitude=40.71486124568871&longitude=-74.00694614028933&zoom=18&showTowers=true&clusterEnabled=true&tilesEnabled=true&heatMapEnabled=false&showOrphans=true&showNoFrequencyOnly=false&showFrequencyOnly=false&showBandwidthOnly=false&DateFilterType=FirstSeen&showHex=true&bands=0,25,26,41&showVerifiedOnly=false&showUnverifiedOnly=false&showLTECAOnly=false&showBand=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaigekiNYC said:

 

With such a strong signal I thought it had to be the magic box. I wonder why that store has one if there is a small cell right down the block that reaches. I would hate to find out that they are sending them to stores to promote. there are so many customers waiting to get one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

 

With such a strong signal I thought it had to be the magic box. I wonder why that store has one if there is a small cell right down the block that reaches. I would hate to find out that they are sending them to stores to promote. there are so many customers waiting to get one. 

Most likely for deep indoors, they have awesome signal strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

I would hate to find out that they are sending them to stores to promote. there are so many customers waiting to get one. 

Sprint is targeting businesses more heavily right now. A lot of Sprint stores got sent a first-gen MB as opposed to the new one so it wouldn't be affecting regular customers wanting to get one. The current shortage is mostly do to the sheer volume of customers and businesses that want them right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2017 at 2:12 PM, nexgencpu said:

Very odd, this was one of the first Small cells found in NYC. Pretty sure they all ran at 20Mhz. Manhattan has plenty of spectrum and 3xCA is already deployed. Maybe its an error on the engineering screen. 

What device are you using?

 

On 9/11/2017 at 2:16 PM, RaigekiNYC said:

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Since today, they change the frequency for GCI: 012A8E31 EARFCN: 41276 BW: 20 Mhz back to EARFCN: 39965 and now I found that I connect to the GCI: 012A8E39 EARFCN: 40142 BW: 15 and check the engineer screen found it out.

Since Monday, they remove that old lamppost including the box with MM. Replacing with new lamppost, but without the box anymore. Now, the GCI: 012A8E31 and 012A8E39 no longer at that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RaigekiNYC said:

 

Since Monday, they remove that old lamppost including the box with MM. Replacing with new lamppost, but without the box anymore. Now, the GCI: 012A8E31 and 012A8E39 no longer at that area.

That's interesting, so what are you picking up now? Macro site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

That's interesting, so what are you picking up now? Macro site?

Macro site and another small cell at south street and whitehall st lamppost. It good now since no interference between 2 small cells within 1 street block.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how the network is holding up at Global Citizen Festival. Anyone know if Sprint put any COWs in the park?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 123 subway station at Penn Station finally has B41. Its from the Transit wireless DAS but in the past it only had B25 LTE. Nice to see more B41 lighting up underground. I'm going to check the ACE side sometime this week as well. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my fastest speed test ever in NYC last night http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/3249981164

 

Don't remember if it was 2xCA from a MM or 3x CA from a full site 

Here are all the test from that night 

 

Screenshot_2017-09-30-22-37-16.png

 

My friend with AT&T did a speed test on his iPhone 6s and maxed out at 8mbps.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulled 122 Mbps down and 16 up in Crown Heights just now on an 8T8R site. Those are download speeds slightly faster than my home WiFi.

Screenshot_20171005-091703.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

Pulled 122 Mbps down and 16 up in Crown Heights just now on an 8T8R site. Those are download speeds slightly faster than my home WiFi.

Screenshot_20171005-091703.png

Almost as fast as my speed test I posted last week. Anyone know what the fastest test posted by a user was on here?

I was confused by the "slightly faster than my home WiFi" comment because the speed test on the bottom of your post only showed in the 40s but I see you updated it now. You have the optimum 100 package. I had the 50 package but they upgraded it to the 60 package.I always hit above 60 and it will go up into the 70s sometimes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Almost as fast as my speed test I posted last week. Anyone know what the fastest test posted by a user was on here?

I was confused by the "slightly faster than my home WiFi" comment because the speed test on the bottom of your post only showed in the 40s but I see you updated it now. You have the optimum 100 package. I had the 50 package but they upgraded it to the 60 package.I always hit above 60 and it will go up into the 70s sometimes.  

The fastest Speedtest I've seen on Sprint was over 200 Mbps but I can't recall where I saw it specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

The fastest Speedtest I've seen on Sprint was over 200 Mbps but I can't recall where I saw it specifically.

I hit 170mbs on 34th and 11th Ave a couple months ago.

But the fastest I've seen is abit over 200mbs at WTC observatory posted on the Marcelo everything thread a while back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2017 at 1:25 PM, RaigekiNYC said:

here is the engineer screen and SignalCheck Pro.

Screenshot_20170911-131328.png

Screenshot_20170911-142228.png

Is that 15mhz a error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

The fastest Speedtest I've seen on Sprint was over 200 Mbps but I can't recall where I saw it specifically.

I've hit 215 off the tower that serves my neighborhood in Wheaton IL back in July.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Is that 15mhz a error?

Nope, not really since sprint have about 36 mhz in the low band of 41 with fragments of 6 mhz license in the low-mid frequency , based on licenses in fcc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • TAPATALK VERSION
    BACK ONLINE

  • PROGRESSIVE RAFFLE
    FOR AN iPHONE 8

    iphonexiphone8.jpg

    WHICH CAN PROGRESS TO AN iPHONE 8+ OR AN iPHONE X
    **or an Android device of equal or lesser value**

    CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Similar Content

    • By DesotoTyler
      The 850 MHz LTE Sprint network is so congested in De Soto MO. I also have proof on my SDR Radio.
       My SDR Radio can only show 1.920 MHz of the 5 MHz wide LTE Signal.
       
       

    • By danlodish345
      hey guys i am due for a upgrade today....i am curious on the opinions of others of what phone is a great phone... any opinions are welcome !
    • By Febby
      I notice a lot of post regarding the markets in IL,FL,TX,PA,NYC.... but how about about the Los Angeles market? I THINK it was samsung doing the set up for the L.A market? Not sure though.... I'm not a sponsor member of the site so I can't really check... if I had a job I'd most definitely donate!
       
      Couple of months ago the local towers were all down and being upgraded to NV I assume since Larry from Howard forums said there was NV work being done my zip code. The speeds were better for a bit but now they are awful again.
       
      Can anyone (most preferred Robert) make a comment on if there is any LTE activity near 90255 area code?
       
      Thanks, great site by the way... I'm a Lurker.
    • By jakeuten
      Just a bit of insight. I live near UMD in Duluth, MN. Sprint's signal is clearly much 'dirtier' with a 1.0 SNR compared to T-Mobile's 20.4 SNR. I don't have a screenshot from the same time, but I get about a 22 to 29 SNR with T. I know that AT&T uses RRU's but I'm not too sure about Sprint or T-Mobile. Also, I didn't even know they had L2500 where I live, but I force checked it on my Samsung S7 (AT&T). 


  • Posts

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×