Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Not sure how you come to that conclusion, most often you are seeing 1xRTT data, thus speeds are usually well under 1Mbps. On the chance that you are connected to EVDO roaming, Verizon's speeds are still often 1Mbps or slower, so it would be pretty tough to point to any throttling.

Read the post I quoted. I was referring to AT&T LTE roaming.

Not that I've seen yet. My AT&T devices continue to sit on 1 bar of LTE or HSPA at my house even though much stronger LTE is available on Sprint.

Ya me too. I'm about 150 yards from a sprint tower and I've got 1 bar on ATT. But they say as long as you have att service it won't switch over to roaming unfortunately. I tried bringing that up when I had sprint and that's what I was told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry... I thought you were referring to the post just a few up about Verizon roaming. Guess I glossed over the (lowercase) att in your post.

Probably should move this roaming conversation to proper thread.

Sorry... I thought you were referring to the post just a few up about Verizon roaming. Guess I glossed over the (lowercase) att in your post.

No need to apologize :). I do wish people would make more of an effort to use proper grammar, though…

• Like 1

No need to apologize :). I do wish people would make more of an effort to use proper grammar, though…

this is huge for sprint customers. Hmm I would like to see what's going to happen with the usage and if it will be capped.

Like who?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

If you have to ask... it's probably you.

( [emoji14] )

Which is Discrimination.

Like who?

And in a stunning display of non coincidence, the correct grammar is "Like whom?"

AJ

• Like 6

Which is Discrimination.

It's discrimination to point out bad grammar now? Is having poor grammar a protected class? And even if it was, was the person with poor grammar prohibited from exercising their rights?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think I connected to a new small cell in Queens on Northern Blvd & Little Neck Parkway. SCP only displayed "Sprint" and had no band listed. Speed test hit 50Mbps. There is a macro site only a block down on Little Neck Parkway without B41. Didn't see any changes to the antennas on the roof but that site has 2 antennas per a sector. I'll be back there later today to check my DEBUG screen to see if its actually B41 or maybe B25CA. I'll look around for small cells too. 

• Like 2

I think I connected to a new small cell in Queens on Northern Blvd & Little Neck Parkway. SCP only displayed "Sprint" and had no band listed. Speed test hit 50Mbps. There is a macro site only a block down on Little Neck Parkway without B41. Didn't see any changes to the antennas on the roof but that site has 2 antennas per a sector. I'll be back there later today to check my DEBUG screen to see if its actually B41 or maybe B25CA. I'll look around for small cells too. 

What was the GCI on SCP?

• Like 1

What was the GCI on SCP?

Went back and was able to hit 62Mbps. Checked the debug screen and it was B25CA. I guess this site doesn't have a heavy load since max speed is just under 75Mbps.  The site has always been pretty fast even with the single B25 carrier it had. I guess the neighboring site with B41 covers a decent chunk of its coverage. At one point I dropped down to B26 and was able to hit 20Mbps. Haven't seen B26 that fast since it launched. I'll go back again and take screen shots tomorrow.  It is hard to try to do everything while stopped at red lights. I have site notes for both sites but when connected to the B25CA it wouldn't display either note. 

Went back and was able to hit 62Mbps. Checked the debug screen and it was B25CA. I guess this site doesn't have a heavy load since max speed is just under 75Mbps.  The site has always been pretty fast even with the single B25 carrier it had. I guess the neighboring site with B41 covers a decent chunk of its coverage. At one point I dropped down to B26 and was able to hit 20Mbps. Haven't seen B26 that fast since it launched. I'll go back again and take screen shots tomorrow.  It is hard to try to do everything while stopped at red lights. I have site notes for both sites but when connected to the B25CA it wouldn't display either note.

When B41 is also near by B25X2CA performs really well. I hit nearly 30mb near times square.
  • Like 2

That is excellent, is the coverage very tight by you? The small cells seem to be making it to market very quickly in your area.

Yes, it's hard to really complain. Most who have issues in NYC are capacity related or deep indoors where only B26 is available. Which of course are being addressed with more spectrum coming online and more small cells.

When B41 is also near by B25X2CA performs really well. I hit nearly 30mb near times square.

I was just shocked that I almost hit the top speed. Once that site get B41 even if its a Mini Macro with a max of 2xCA that area is going to be rock solid. 

Its right on the border of Nassau County. Its crazy the difference in speeds between the two areas. 

• Like 1

So I went back and experienced everything I did the past two days but I have to cycle airplane mode because my phone was sticking to B26. 

At this point I really have not clue because the DEBUG screen was displaying the band as B26 and showing CA.

Here is an album of SCP and the DEBUG screens. 

https://goo.gl/photos/u5GGERDLzz7VsyfN8

So I went back and experienced everything I did the past two days but I have to cycle airplane mode because my phone was sticking to B26.

At this point I really have not clue because the DEBUG screen was displaying the band as B26 and showing CA.

Is that a HTC phone? I ask because, my HTC A9 shows CA on B25/26. Which is a error.

I just noticed you have a V20, nice phone, but it has massive issues with stale data on the engineering screen, making it almost useless.

Good ol' SCP still can display proper GCI so that helps a ton and explains your anomaly. All GCI that start with "12C" are small cells. So you hit different sectors of the small cell. Unfortunately its a bit more difficult to see if CA is live on those small cells without Network Guru (which requires root access)

• Like 1

Is that a HTC phone? I ask because, my HTC A9 shows CA on B25/26. Which is a error.

LG V20. I swear the day before it show it as B25 CA but now its showing B26

LG V20. I swear the day before it show it as B25 CA but now its showing B26

On the V20 B25 CA could be legit. 26/41 no phone specs have included B26 in CA.

• Like 1