Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

In what ways will the new carrier update affect my 6s if it isn't capable of 3xCA?

Sorry, I meant to use both phones as a baseline and see speeds with 2xCA and 3xCA on different phones!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you confirm your band?

I did *3001#12345#* before and after the speed test. I aleays get Band 25 in my kitchen, Band 26 in my bathroom and Band 41 in my living room and Bedroom.

I was shocked at how fast the speeds were on Band 25. I get 52 down on Band 41.

I did *3001#12345#* before and after the speed test. I aleays get Band 25 in my kitchen, Band 26 in my bathroom and Band 41 in my living room and Bedroom.

I was shocked at how fast the speeds were on Band 25. I get 52 down on Band 41.

It was probably stale data.
  • Like 1

I'm in Borough Park, Brooklyn and my phone is in Band 25 and I got 44 down and 1 up.

Has Sprint deployed a second carrier on Band 25 in NYC?

Can you post a pic of the engineering screen. Only way B25 could get 44 Mbps is 10x10 or Carrier aggregation

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Can you post a pic of the engineering screen. Only way B25 could get 44 Mbps is 10x10 or Carrier aggregation

I do not think NYC is capable of deploying 10x10 B25, its more likely either stale data or possibly a small cell since they are going up like gangbusters here in NYC.

I do not think NYC is capable of deploying 10x10 B25, its more likely either stale data or possibly a small cell since they are going up like gangbusters here in NYC.

They can but it'd be in PCS B since they don't have any spectrum contiguous with PCS G here. However, I do agree with you in that I think it was just stale data. I don't think Sprint would go full 10x10 in NYC yet.

• Like 1

Even with small cells B25 at 5x5 can't hit 44 Mbps. I've been told small cells are b41

I work in Springfield Gardens, Queens so when I get home later I will post a photo.

Actually I wouldn't know how to do it... I use the website, I don't use the tapatalk app.

I work in Springfield Gardens, Queens so when I get home later I will post a photo.

Actually I wouldn't know how to do it... I use the website, I don't use the tapatalk app.

There should be a way to do on it on desktop.

In his AMA, Günther did confirm that B25 CA was being tested in certain markets…not sure if New York has a second carrier though…

The second carrier has been spotted in some places. It was tested underground in the subway DAS first and then I believe people began spotting it in some places however, I never connected to it while I was home for winter break besides in the train stations.

The second carrier has been spotted in some places. It was tested underground in the subway DAS first and then I believe people began spotting it in some places however, I never connected to it while I was home for winter break besides in the train stations.

It's widely deployed, but generally I only connect to it indoors.
  • Like 1

Btw they've started the conversion of Clear small cells in SF following a similar pattern as NYC. Reusing existing antennas and enclosures. Seemingly using Nokia pico cells. 2 carriers. More info and pics in the SF NV 2.0 thread.

Unfortunately it's using the same GCI pool as the mini macro conversions, so the only way to identify them is sequential GCIs both have 31 endings.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, this page has been quiet for a few days but that usually a good thing. Any way if you are Premier Member check out my map of the Long Island Market. I figured I might as well share it here since the markets are next to each other. Also I figured a lot of people who work in New York City live on the Island.  I actually include data points for Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island. I figured the sites in Manhattan and The Bronx are to dense to map.

I could use all the help I could get.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7658-long-island-market-map/

• Like 4

I get great data speeds inn Brooklyn but when I visit my folks in Jamaica, Queens I noticed speeds are about 1mbps. In Brooklyn by Bensonhurst I sometimes get 80mbps.

Any reason why Queens has been neglected?

I have a similar place on Kings highway in Brooklyn. I think its just congestion and will be fixed soon most likely. 

You came from verIzon am I correct? How are you finding Sprint overall compared to verizon?

I have a similar place on Kings highway in Brooklyn. I think its just congestion and will be fixed soon most likely.

You came from verIzon am I correct? How are you finding Sprint overall compared to verizon?

Sprint is excellent in the 5 boroughs. I was not impressed so much by Verizon but their service was great.

I get great data speeds inn Brooklyn but when I visit my folks in Jamaica, Queens I noticed speeds are about 1mbps. In Brooklyn by Bensonhurst I sometimes get 80mbps.

Any reason why Queens has been neglected?

Reported in Sprint Zone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drove through Bronx today on the Cross Bronx Expressway from the Throgs Neck to GW Bridge. First off the part leading up to the bridge made me feel like I was in a 3rd world country.  But the data speeds  also made me feel that way. I connected to several B41 sites and sectors with 2xCA. Signals were strong and it was about 3-4Pm yet I couldn't get above .5Mbps. Is this normal for the Bronx? Are the sites that congested or is there a major backhaul problem?

• Like 1

I drove through Bronx today on the Cross Bronx Expressway from the Throgs Neck to GW Bridge. First off the part leading up to the bridge made me feel like I was in a 3rd world country.  But the data speeds  also made me feel that way. I connected to several B41 sites and sectors with 2xCA. Signals were strong and it was about 3-4Pm yet I couldn't get above .5Mbps. Is this normal for the Bronx? Are the sites that congested or is there a major backhaul problem?

There is a lot of optimization going on in the BX, also a lot of small cells. Could have been just a congested area. Some areas are somewhat congested, but generally it performs well..

Definitely looking forward to 3XCA and more small cells.

It seems my tower has been redirected. I am parked on a very congested tower they is slightly further away! Would calling about this change anything or do I wait it out? I can't stay on LTE or when home or FaceTime audio calls won't even connect. I barely use data when out and about now. But, just a bit disappointing to notice this amount of regression. As a side in the west Bx area I've noticed a crap load of VZW small cells! They are everyone! I don't care for them just an observation though!