Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

yes but make sure they don't change your type of plan, when I got my lg g3 the guys at best buy were like buy it with the easy pay and switch to the new plans you will save money and upgrade every year to a new phone

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

So if I get Easy they're gonna change my plan to the new unlimited plans? I currently have the original Everything Unlimited Data Plan. If I do easy pay they'll take the EUDP away & put my whole family on the new unlimited plans ?

So if I get Easy they're gonna change my plan to the new unlimited plans? I currently have the original Everything Unlimited Data Plan. If I do easy pay they'll take the EUDP away & put my whole family on the new unlimited plans ?

you gotta make sure they don't change it you can get the phone on easy pay and keep your old plan

• Like 1

you gotta make sure they don't change it you can get the phone on easy pay and keep your old plan

Okay thanks , I'm gonna go the Sprint store and ask them how I would do it all.

With the NV build in NYC chugging along, hopefully things will be stabilized soon. There is still optimization that needs to be done, as the benefits of B26 have yet to be really realized, at least in my experience in Queens.

With the NV build in NYC chugging along, hopefully things will be stabilized soon. There is still optimization that needs to be done, as the benefits of B26 have yet to be really realized, at least in my experience in Queens.

In Brooklyn, Band 26 hasn't helped Band 25 just yet. In Manhattan, Band 26 seriously increased speeds on Band 25. Brooklyn's site spacing could also use an increase in some areas as mentioned before by me numerous times. So far the only areas in Brooklyn that have seen new sites added are in Downtown Brooklyn and by the Barclay's Center.

I can't wait to experience B41 when I get the 6. I'm hopping I rarely see 3G on the iP6. I know the tower closest to me is B25 accepted but idk bout the other bands. Edited by IsaiahL

I compare coverage between my iPhone 5 and my M8, and I love how the M8 is on LTE almost 99.999% of the time. The biggest annoyance I have is the "data frozen" mode that my phone ends up, where B41 signal is on the fringe, and nothing happens.

• Like 1

I compare coverage between my iPhone 5 and my M8, and I love how the M8 is on LTE almost 99.999% of the time. The biggest annoyance I have is the "data frozen" mode that my phone ends up, where B41 signal is on the fringe, and nothing happens.

I hate that freeze. I get it too on my s5. B41 Signal is at around - 125 and nothing goes through even if I'm right under a b25 site.

I hate that freeze. I get it too on my s5. B41 Signal is at around - 125 and nothing goes through even if I'm right under a b25 site.

That use to happen to me when I first got my iPhone. I'd have B25 1-3 bars & nothing would be loading. I never understood why.

If you're still on an Everything Data plan, don't use Easy Pay! The phone subsidy is already built into the price of the plan. Adding Easy Pay adds another $25 on top of that, so it's like paying for the phone twice! Either switch plans, or figure out how to keep your mom or whoever from using your upgrades.

• Like 1

That's the only negative experience I have, the switch up is so much more seamless.

If you're still on an Everything Data plan, don't use Easy Pay! The phone subsidy is already built into the price of the plan. Adding Easy Pay adds another $25 on top of that, so it's like paying for the phone twice! Either switch plans, or figure out how to keep your mom or whoever from using your upgrades.

Shit...didn't know that. Definitely not doing easy pay now. 

• Like 1

Shit...didn't know that. Definitely not doing easy pay now.

if i want a new phone and still under contract i will do the financing, i have six lines my monthly charge is 321 with taxes and fees 5 under contract if i decide to go with the new family plans let say the 100 dollars for 20gb first line will be 15+phone 25 rest of the the fee is 40 because still under contract so if my math is correct this will be my monthly charge 100+15+25+40+40+40+40+40=340 plus taxes and fees and remember add another 60 to that plan after 2015 the total will be 400+ taxes and fees aroun 480 to 500 and no more unlimited data

if i want a new phone and still under contract i will do the financing, i have six lines my monthly charge is 321 with taxes and fees 5 under contract if i decide to go with the new family plans let say the 100 dollars for 20gb first line will be 15+phone 25 rest of the the fee is 40 because still under contract so if my math is correct this will be my monthly charge 100+15+25+40+40+40+40+40=340 plus taxes and fees and remember add another 60 to that plan after 2015 the total will be 400+ taxes and fees aroun 480 to 500 and no more unlimited data

Ok, special case here. Most people don't have that many lines. In your case, it'd be cheaper to continue paying twice for the phone. However, for most people, it would be cheaper to move to the $60 unlimited, and then do easy pay, rather than do easy pay on top of an Everything Data plan.

Hey friends I am heading to NYC this weekend for a little vacay and go to Bears vs. Jets on MNF.  Can anyone give me a brief summary on what I can expect service wise.  Im still using a GS3 so were talking 3G and B25 only.  I am staying with a friend in Williamsburg, and as you know will be at Metlife stadium for the game.  I am sure I will be putzing around Brooklyn and Manhattan all weekend so I am curious what the state of NV and service delivery is like in your market these days.  Thanks.

Hey friends I am heading to NYC this weekend for a little vacay and go to Bears vs. Jets on MNF. Can anyone give me a brief summary on what I can expect service wise. Im still using a GS3 so were talking 3G and B25 only. I am staying with a friend in Williamsburg, and as you know will be at Metlife stadium for the game. I am sure I will be putzing around Brooklyn and Manhattan all weekend so I am curious what the state of NV and service delivery is like in your market these days. Thanks.

i don't know about MetLife but Brooklyn is just about all covered in band 25 Edited by Palan
  • Like 1

You should be fine for voice calls and light data usage. For the most part, you'll be on LTE.

I'm assuming you guys will drive to the stadium. My advice, don't. Try to use some form of mass transit. I was there for a Jets game a few years back (pre-butt fumble 1.0) and parking was horrible for non-season ticket holders.

You should be fine for voice calls and light data usage. For the most part, you'll be on LTE.

I'm assuming you guys will drive to the stadium. My advice, don't. Try to use some form of mass transit. I was there for a Jets game a few years back (pre-butt fumble 1.0) and parking was horrible for non-season ticket holders.

Not a chance in hell we are driving, no one has a car anyway.  Thats not our style.  Prolly take the train or something.

I called my sprint store to inquire about a 6+ none in Stock I guess the only way to get that model is to pre-order. I would get the 128gb model personally.  It would have been an impulse buy...  I think they had regular 6 still in Stock though as well. 

I called my sprint store to inquire about a 6+ none in Stock I guess the only way to get that model is to pre-order. I would get the 128gb model personally. It would have been an impulse buy... I think they had regular 6 still in Stock though as well.

the store I went to said they back ordered until November