HTC Evo 3D, to root or not to root...

pyroscott

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 1 December 2011

OK, so I finally decided that I can give up my company e-mail on my phone using "Good Mobile Messaging" which

stops working when the device is rooted. I will root the phone as long as there is a good mod that retains all the functionality of the stock rom. Anyone with an Evo 3D that can give me some advice? What rom and root method did you use?

When you say all the functionality, I assume you mean the things that come with the Sense ROM. Like the e-mail client, the camera, the button layout, widget control, etc, etc. Correct?

Well, I guess all I can think of that I need is camera, 3D and GPS. When I rooted my HTC Zero my GPS would overheat and shut off the phone in a matter of minutes. I thought the phone had gone bad, but when I removed root and returned it to stock and tested the GPS, it worked perfect. I just don't want something like that to happen with this phone because it's plenty fast without a custom rom.

Use a Sense based rom like Synergy, I used that and it was fast and stable. As for rooting what HBoot are you? If 1.5 you need to unlock via HTC's method.

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 8 December 2011

Just rooted yesterday with HTC method and flashed CleanROM. SO far so good. Everything functions like stock. My battery did drain faster, but I'm working on isolating the problem with that.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 9 December 2011

Battery drain was due to Facebook for Android trying to sync my live stream (even though I unchecked the box under 'account&sync' menu). I think it was due to my removing Friend Stream, so if you do root, you may want to keep FriendStream on your phone, just in case. I'm now at almost two hours off the charger and still at 96%.