Apple really has no shame at all....

Sgt. Slaughter

Apple has shown since the intel transition that release times for their laptops and desktops do not sit on a set schedule. Once a year release for iDevices are the same in a way. Matching month for month just won't happen all the time. It'll be released soon enough. From what I have read, that will be around the 7th of March.

I heard this is when they will unveil it and give the release date then ? :blink:

I heard this is when they will unveil it and give the release date then ? :blink:

I don't know. They are always unpredictable about actual release dates. I've watched that since the first iPhone release.

Yea this is the "Hype period"

They hype these devices up until it basically p*sses ppl off !

:rofl:

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

:rofl:

You just love laughing at Apple, don't you Robert? I am, and always will be an apple Fanboy. I grew up fighting with Windows while my mom had a Macintosh. Then I got my first mac, and boy was I happy. Then when I got my MacBook Pro, I hate Windows with a passion.

I'm somewhat neutral with Apple, although I will admit I'm sorta intrigued by the fanboy mystique of the iPhone. To me the iPhone is boring, but I do like how the computers function. At my job, everyone uses Android except for a few eclectic types who have iPhones. At my church where I volunteer, they're iPhone fanatics and they tease that I'm going to hell. I just reply, I'll have a lot of company.

You just love laughing at Apple' date=' don't you Robert? I am, and always will be an apple Fanboy. I grew up fighting with Windows while my mom had a Macintosh. Then I got my first mac, and boy was I happy. Then when I got my MacBook Pro, I hate Windows with a passion.[/quote']

I used two iterations of the iPhone before moving to Sprint in June 2010. I loved them.

Then I switched to Android, and the customization and MODing really appealed to my inner geek. So I definitely started preferring Android over iOS.

However, this whole perpetual lawsuit thing has really started to burn me up. I'm sick of it. And now I've been turning against Apple. I think a lot of neutral people are slowly starting to turn against Apple.

I used two iterations of the iPhone before moving to Sprint in June 2010. I loved them.

Then I switched to Android, and the customization and MODing really appealed to my inner geek. So I definitely started preferring Android over iOS.

However, this whole perpetual lawsuit thing has really started to burn me up. I'm sick of it. And now I've been turning against Apple. I think a lot of neutral people are slowly starting to turn against Apple.

I can understand. Unfortuately, others started the ball rolling, and it has exploded into a nightmare. At one point I was interested in producing and selling my own cell phone line, but a few days later a new lawsuit started, don't remember who was suing who, and I said to myself, there is no way this will work out. Needless to say, I abandoned the idea.

This is exactly how it is/was!

I bought a 5 Gen Video -

Then a 4th Gen Ipod touch

I then started getting into Apple in 2009 while owning a Palm Pre phone.

The Palm Pre is what really opened my eyes on open source

(RIP WebOS)

The EVO 4G came out and totally blew my mind !

I still love that phone! I still have mine ! i can`t begin to tell how many times

root has gotten me out of a sticky situation!

Even jailbroken the Apple Iphone can`t compete with the customizations of

Android.

Also Android is much more easily to work with!

It is now showing up in other devices (ex. Glass Windows- Mirrors- Refrigerators)

Ex Co- founder of Apple Steve Wozniak even says so ! That`s really saying something!

In other thoughts...

Why would you want to support a company that treats their personnel so horribly ?

Along with the arrogance andstale lawsuits.

I don`t even see the need to buy another Apple device.

Android is still somewhat of a new OS-

It`s going to take a few more bites out of the half eaten fruit

before all is said and done!

• Like 1

I strongly considered getting an iPhone 4 when my contract with ATT ended and I was shopping around for phones. I basically narrowed it down that the two best phones on the market were the iPhone 4 and the brand spanking new Evo 4G. I had put all of my previous apple hate behind me and accepted that the iPhone 4 was actually a really good phone. I played around with it at the store and it was nice. Then I went to the Sprint store and used the Evo 4G for like 20 minutes. Shit blew my mind. It was awesome. The gigantic screen (I'm a sucker for huge displays, on anything), all the pretty widgets, and everything about Android. It made iOS look so boring. And this is before I even knew about rooting! Once I rooted about two months after I got the phone I just fell more in love with it. Every time I flashed a different ROM it felt like I had a new phone again. And that's one thing the 4G never had a shortage of, custom roms. The dev community for that phone is stupidly large lol, way too many choices if there is such a thing.

Anyway I kind of went off topic, but ever since Apple went on this crazy lawsuit spree I absolutely hate them. I turn everyone I possibly can convince away from their products and will never support them. They just have shady business tactics. They are worried and mad that Android is rapidly eating away at their market share so instead of innovating and making better products, which they claim they are so good at doing, they just sue everyone. It's ridiculous at this point.

• Like 2

I strongly considered getting an iPhone 4 when my contract with ATT ended and I was shopping around for phones. I basically narrowed it down that the two best phones on the market were the iPhone 4 and the brand spanking new Evo 4G. I had put all of my previous apple hate behind me and accepted that the iPhone 4 was actually a really good phone. I played around with it at the store and it was nice. Then I went to the Sprint store and used the Evo 4G for like 20 minutes. Shit blew my mind. It was awesome. The gigantic screen (I'm a sucker for huge displays, on anything), all the pretty widgets, and everything about Android. It made iOS look so boring. And this is before I even knew about rooting! Once I rooted about two months after I got the phone I just fell more in love with it. Every time I flashed a different ROM it felt like I had a new phone again. And that's one thing the 4G never had a shortage of, custom roms. The dev community for that phone is stupidly large lol, way too many choices if there is such a thing.

Anyway I kind of went off topic, but ever since Apple went on this crazy lawsuit spree I absolutely hate them. I turn everyone I possibly can convince away from their products and will never support them. They just have shady business tactics. They are worried and mad that Android is rapidly eating away at their market share so instead of innovating and making better products, which they claim they are so good at doing, they just sue everyone. It's ridiculous at this point.

i TOTALLY AGREE 110% :)

Slapping an "S" on a device and calling it new is ridiculous !

That was a total Apple hiccup if I ever did see one !

In other thoughts...

Why would you want to support a company that treats their personnel so horribly ?

Along with the arrogance andstale lawsuits.

Off topic: but Apple actually treats their employees really well. It's one of the highest rated employers in the US (along with Google.)

If you are talking about Foxconn, they're only a supplier for Apple, along with HTC, Samsung, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Dell, HP, Motorolla, etc etc. However, Apple has taken steps to improve the working conditions of the employees in associated Foxconn factories (more than any other company has) but that could be because for some reason they take the most heat for it and every other tech hardware company associated with them (all) is largely ignored.

On topic: every company is suing every company, its the way its been for years, only now its getting more notoriety.

Edited by pezasied

Off topic: but Apple actually treats their employees really well. It's one of the highest rated employers in the US (along with Google.)

If you are talking about Foxconn, their only a supplier for Apple, along with HTC, Samsung, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Dell, HP, Motorolla, etc etc. However, Apple has taken steps to improve the working conditions of the employees in associated Foxconn factories (more than any other company has) but that could be because for some reason they take the most heat for it and every other tech hardware company associated with them (all) is largely ignored.

On topic: every company is suing every company, its the way its been for years, only now its getting more notoriety.

Yea Foxconn and the little guys that make Apple famous

Most of the lawsuits are pointed to and from Apple

Applelawsuits-1.jpg

Edited by Euphorian

If you are talking about Foxconn, their only a supplier for Apple, along with HTC, Samsung, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Dell, HP, Motorolla, etc etc. However, Apple has taken steps to improve the working conditions of the employees in associated Foxconn factories (more than any other company has) but that could be because for some reason they take the most heat for it and every other tech hardware company associated with them (all) is largely ignored.

There is also the fact that Apple has a HUGE profit margin on everything that Foxconn makes for them but yet pays Foxconn so little that they have to cut costs to make a profit. You can only cut costs so far becore the only costs you have left to cut are wages, employee comfort and safety. A lot of the heat against Apple is coming because they have such huge profit margins. Customers who buy the bargain brands of electronics shouldn't be surprised when the factory makes the news for inhumane treatment of their employees. On the other hand, customers that pay the premium price for electronics from makers like Apple expect that their products are made in a premium factory with skilled employees who make a decent wage. They don't expect their product to be made in a sweatshop with all the profit going in the pockets of the already filthy rich.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/foxconn-makes-no-profits-on-iphones-activists-339303764.htm

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-04/apple-profit-margins-rise-at-foxconn-s-expense.html

Here are a couple links showing the vast difference in profits that Apple and Foxconn are making on the manufacture of Apple devices. I do agree that Foxconn manufactures a LOT of electronics for other companies, but I have not seen any numbers on their profit margins compared to Foxconn's.

http://www.zdnet.com...s-339303764.htm

http://www.bloomberg...-s-expense.html

Here are a couple links showing the vast difference in profits that Apple and Foxconn are making on the manufacture of Apple devices. I do agree that Foxconn manufactures a LOT of electronics for other companies, but I have not seen any numbers on their profit margins compared to Foxconn's.

Microsoft profit margin: 31.72%

Intel: 24.2%

Google: 25.56%

Samsung: 18%

IBM: 18.62%

Apple: 28.2%

http://ycharts.com/

They all have pretty high profit margins (besides companies failing like Dell and HP.) My point is, this isn't an issue Apple can tackle alone, they all need to work together to improve conditions over there.

here's one from an Android website:

http://phandroid.com...d-users-silent/

I'm not so sure on how correct this article is. It claims the Kindle Fire was made by Foxconn. Quanta computer manufactured the Kindle Fire.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/quanta-seeks-profit-in-the-ipad-era-11102011.html

I'm not so sure on how correct this article is. It claims the Kindle Fire was made by Foxconn. Quanta computer manufactured the Kindle Fire.

http://www.businessw...a-11102011.html

Correct, but Amazon wants Foxconn to make the Kindle Fire 2. Foxconn currently makes the Kindle, just not the fire.

http://www.rethink-wireless.com/2012/02/17/amazon-looks-foxconn-kindle-fire-2.htm

He's Foxconn's wikipedia page that has the following companies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn

[edit]

Correct, but Amazon wants Foxconn to make the Kindle Fire 2. Foxconn currently makes the Kindle, just not the fire.

This is a quote directly from that article on Phandroid: "The thing is, it’s not only Apple who uses Foxconn to make their products. That shiny new Kindle Fire you received for Christmas — guess what? It was built in a Foxconn factory just like the iPad 2. It’s true."

Not Kindle, not Kindle Fire 2.

This is a quote directly from that article on Phandroid: "The thing is, it’s not only Apple who uses Foxconn to make their products. That shiny new Kindle Fire you received for Christmas — guess what? It was built in a Foxconn factory just like the iPad 2. It’s true."

Not Kindle, not Kindle Fire 2.

I'm agreeing with you, that Phandroid article was incorrect on the Kindle Fire. Foxconn makes the original Kindle, not the fire. However, the list of companies that use Foxconn on that article is correct.