Just landed in LA.

Ascertion

Thanks. We definitely came on strong too. I think we need to be open to the fact that sometimes a Sprint rep may be right. We just don't see it very often.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

A correct rep would be ten times better of a lightning rod than a large 1000kw TV broadcast tower..

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

If you are using the HTC Evo 4G LTE, there is currently a known issue with some devices not being able to discover the LTE signal. Both Sprint and HTC are working on refining the signal discover and acquisition process on the phone and will be addressed through a maintenance release.

Any word on when this maintenance release will be?

My speeds have gone down quite a bit.

When I first got the gsII on wimax, here were some of my results

sc20120413214036.png

the 11.2 mbps / 1.4 MB/s speeds were near a good signal strength area. Since then the top speeds dipped to the 7-8 mbps level....

which is still great for a wimax signal... but after the ICS update, my top speeds have been more like 1-3 mbps... even in strong signal strength wimax areas, no idea what happened. It's either an issue with the ICS update on the gsII or clearwire is doing something with the towers/load (perhaps preparing for the lte transition).

My speeds have gone down quite a bit.

When I first got the gsII on wimax, here were some of my results

the 11.2 mbps / 1.4 MB/s speeds were near a good signal strength area. Since then the top speeds dipped to the 7-8 mbps level....

which is still great for a wimax signal... but after the ICS update, my top speeds have been more like 1-3 mbps... even in strong signal strength wimax areas, no idea what happened. It's either an issue with the ICS update on the gsII or clearwire is doing something with the towers/load (perhaps preparing for the lte transition).

I am having the same issue since ICS. I am rooted and running FH13 modem and Agats kernel. My 4g and 3g speeds have been abysmal.

I am a verizon customer contract is up this month.. thinking about jumping ship to sprint how is there service? I'm not really a voice Guy but i do use alot of data.... any feedback on service in LA metro would be great.

I am a verizon customer contract is up this month.. thinking about jumping ship to sprint how is there service? I'm not really a voice Guy but i do use alot of data.... any feedback on service in LA metro would be great.

im traveling in the L.A county alot and data is VERY slow on my iphone 4S. i am thinking of moving to verizon because it looks like the LTE launch with sprint will take some time to get to the level that verizon has now. will wait for the iphone 5 and make a decision than

If you are a voice customer, I think Sprint's network is second to none. Except in Chicago for the next few months.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Would ehrpd be an indication of LTE around the area? I see evdoA on mine :'(

Not necessarily. eHRPD needs to be deployed before LTE gets deployed. However, sometimes it is deployed over a year in advance, as it is a relatively simple upgrade to the existing network.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner