Just landed in LA.

Ascertion

I'm connected to ehrd. This means that they are blocking the lte signal eh?

Nope. Doesn't mean that at all. eHRPD goes live far in advance of LTE.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Decided to do a speed test. I'm connected to ehrd. This means that they are blocking the lte signal eh? At the Lax airport.

Overall, 3g speeds do not disappoint. :-)

Thanks. Those are at least positive results during the transition. I live in Orange County, not super-far from LAX and that keeps my hopes up for staying with Sprint and getting either the S3 or EVO 4G LTE soon. Just watching for positive progress in this area b4 I make a final decision. Those are consistent with the tests I've seen at the local Costa Mesa Sprint Store.

coolio I hope I get some exclusive lte testing!

You won't get much exclusive time. I'm coming down to LA tomorrow early morning. I just hope my data speeds will be closer to yours unlike the last time i was down there. 10-20 Kbps on 3g.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

You won't get much exclusive time. I'm coming down to LA tomorrow early morning. I just hope my data speeds will be closer to yours unlike the last time i was down there. 10-20 Kbps on 3g.

they've been consistently above average (avg being 500kbps). My hotel room has 1mbps down and up. :-)

I'll let you know if I get any lte action.

they've been consistently above average (avg being 500kbps). My hotel room has 1mbps down and up. :-)

I'll let you know if I get any lte action.

That's good to hear.

Have you tried toggling from CDMA/LTE to CDMA and back to CDMA/LTE to see if you gain eHRPD?

came down to Manhattan Beach and got it now.. 4257430d-07d9-c52a.jpg

4257430d-0809-3da7.jpg

Sent from my htc_jewel using Tapatalk 2

I have been impressed by Sprint's speeds here since arrival.

I've been in different areas all day. Been here since 5pm' date=' mtn time.

Edit: the 2mbps speed test is right at sunset Boulevard and Laurel Avenue.[/quote']

2 Mbps in LA? Wild!

This thread reminds me that I need to start doing some more speedtests around the South Bay and Downtown LA.

Before I traded my former HTC EVO 4G LTE for the Samsung Galaxy S III, I did a speedtest last week on Flower Street between 3rd and 5th Streets in Downtown LA. I was amazed the speedtest clocked around 2300kbps down. I forgot what the upload and ping, and I no longer have the info since it was wiped before I traded the phone.

Does ehrpd give better speed results than evdo A?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

they're about the same. Sometimes it's slightly faster and I notice upload is usually faster on it. Although it's hardly noticeable.

they're about the same. Sometimes it's slightly faster and I notice upload is usually faster on it. Although it's hardly noticeable.

It depends but ehrpd is connected to the new backhaul and 4g cores so you could get better speeds due to less traffic but bot necessarily.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

nice results' date='anyone with some results up in San Fernando valley?[/quote']

I just drive thru there this morning on the 405 and could hardly maintain a connection to 3g.

• Like 2

I just drive thru there this morning on the 405 and could hardly maintain a connection to 3g.

The 405 pass is terrible! I drop voice calls around 4-5 times driving from the valley to the west side.

I know the 405 has had a couple of weak spots for quite a while. The problem is that it seems to have gotten much worse. I am hoping that since they are working on things that the problem is temporary.

The 405 pass is terrible! I drop voice calls around 4-5 times driving from the valley to the west side.

I know the 405 has had a couple of weak spots for quite a while. The problem is that it seems to have gotten much worse. I am hoping that since they are working on things that the problem is temporary.

I'm sure it is. Too bad i didn't get to test out LTE today. Didn't go anywhere near the 2 active towers today. :(

I'll post my speedtests later on eHRPD, which dropped off the 405 just south of La Tijera Blvd, but i had it on the 105 to the central ave exit, and down on El Segundo Blvd by Willowbrook Park.

I'm sue it is.

You are Sue?

AJ

• Like 1