http://goo.gl/maps/uT42u

I saw utility work in front of this tower today, It's on the maps for NV/LTE. I Kinda intruded on 'private' property to see if there was any work being done on the tower; I drove on what seemed to be a public road, but It lead right into this guys yard. I noticed the yard behind the house where the tower was located was clear but in front of the whole property had heavy equipment for digging etc.. I turned around and was followed by a black SUV, I got out of there and the utility contractors under the name of Atlantic Utility Constructors were laying line that I suspected to be fiber, I had no way of stopping to ask, This road has too much traffic to stop for even 10 seconds.. When I turned around and went the opposite way I came I noticed the same black SUV stopped with the rest of the utility trucks. I called the company and got the number to the foreman; He told me it was for FPL, Nothing more.. FPL is a power company, But at that moment it slipped my mind that they provide fiber in this area.. http://www.fplfibernet.com/index.shtml

I'm going to drive by again and also call again to get some more information, I don't think its powerlines because of the overhead ones.

http://fpl.com/resid...ments_map.shtml < Nothing related to utility redundancy noted in the area; Doubt they would waste the money either..

Its also possible its for the elementary school next to it, But I know that Volusia County Schools has their own fiber network and that its not through FPL. But I was probably lied to.

. . . the yard behind the house where the tower was located was clear but in front of the whole property had heavy equipment for digging etc.. I turned around and was followed by a black SUV, I got out of there and the utility contractors under the name of Atlantic Utility Constructors were laying line that I suspected to be fiber, I had no way of stopping to ask, This road has too much traffic to stop for even 10 seconds.. When I turned around and went the opposite way I came I noticed the same black SUV stopped with the rest of the utility trucks. I called the company and got the number to the foreman; He told me it was for FPL, Nothing more.. FPL is a power company, But at that moment it slipped my mind that they provide fiber in this area.. http://www.fplfibernet.com/index.shtml

I'm going to drive by again and also call again to get some more information, I don't think its powerlines because of the overhead ones . . .

Keep in mind that FPL is, at the request of homeowners/communities, converting some overhead powerlines to buried.

http://www.fpl.com/e...er_future.shtml

http://www.fpl.com/r...round/faq.shtml

Hey Guys I have a iphone 5 and i have no lte in my area and it is really pissing me off since i am getting really slow speeds with sprint's 3g... So i am really excited for the lte launch... So ANYBODY know when LTE IS COMING TO ORLANDO,FL..... Help will be appreciated :)

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Orlando is a second round market. Could have some LTE towers live, but not accepted, meaning you might see a brief LTE connection while they are testing it. I'd bet you'll have some towers online before the end of Nov, maybe even within a week or two. It's variable.

Yes i have seen that list but it doesn't say something like 5 percent complete or anything like that like the first round markets do and i live about 15 minutes away from the florida mall area and don't have any lte so yea

Yes i have seen that list but it doesn't say something like 5 percent complete or anything like that like the first round markets do and i live about 15 minutes away from the florida mall area and don't have any lte so yea

If the percentage of completed sites is not listed, it is safe to assume LTE and Network Vision deployment has not begun in that market, or, if it has, it is in its infancy.

Deployment is under way in the Orlando market. The first few LTE sites are coming live soon. The percentage complete only shows the sites accepted by Sprint from the OEM. Which is still zero in your market.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

725 Clearlake road in Cocoa this is the first LTE site in the Orlando Market, is anyone near there?

If someone doesn't spin by there and check it out I may take myself a nice motorcycle ride on Friday and see what I can find :)

If someone doesn't spin by there and check it out I may take myself a nice motorcycle ride on Friday and see what I can find :)

Wildman, you are a nut.. In every thread trying to take a motorcycle ride I approve. I bet that area us lit up to, look at the maps bet there is at least 5 sites lit up.. I bet you could find them.. First one to map Orlando Market.. Hmmm did I talk you into it yet.. Glory awaits lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Wildman, you are a nut.. In every thread trying to take a motorcycle ride I approve. I bet that area us lit up to, look at the maps bet there is at least 5 sites lit up.. I bet you could find them.. First one to map Orlando Market.. Hmmm did I talk you into it yet.. Glory awaits lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I did go out to Orlando from Tampa last weekend... went to the Microsoft store in Florida mall. Watched for 4G, no joy on that run. Maybe this run will be different :)

• Like 1

3G is really slow espically around 2 and 3 i am guessing is because when schools get out and everyone is using their phones so it would be nice when lte come out and not that many students will hopefully not have lte phones as much as they have 3G phones

• Like 2

3G is really slow espically around 2 and 3 i am guessing is because when schools get out and everyone is using their phones so it would be nice when lte come out and not that many students will hopefully not have lte phones as much as they have 3G phones

The main reason for your 3G slowdown is insufficient backhaul as well as overloaded carriers. Backhaul to legacy Sprint sites is powered by bundled T1 lines. Whenever someone reports slow data, they add a T1 line. And thats if you're lucky. Obviously, that is not a permanent solution. It slows down again within a week or two. With Network Vision, backhaul will be upgraded to either fiber or microwave. These are both capable of way more then one cell site needs, and are easily expandable. The 3G will share the LTE backhaul though. This will lead to increased 3G speeds, along with all the LTE goodness.

• Like 1

Friend of mine passed by there yesterday - got ~9Mbps up on HTC EVO 4G LTE. Awaiting a screenshot.

Bummer. He didn't run Sensorly. Was hoping to see that one pop up.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1