... Most GMO sites that still remain are due to engineering issues, such as "flag pole" stealth sites or sites that cannot handle the added weight of NV equipment.

If this is a stealth site, it is likely that there is something preventing Sprint from adding NV equipment to it.

I'm seeing various Sprint executives talking of capex in the next couple of years rising to $5-6B; also committing to "every" (or sometimes worded as "virtually every") tower being upgraded to all three bands.

My GMO has a pathetic 5mHz wide Band 25, and that's all. I'd appreciate any commentary from the seasoned Sprint-whisperers here about whether I'm likely to see the Band 41 I covet so greatly.

1 hour ago, CAL7 said:

I'm seeing various Sprint executives talking of capex in the next couple of years rising to $5-6B; also committing to "every" (or sometimes worded as "virtually every") tower being upgraded to all three bands.

My GMO has a pathetic 5mHz wide Band 25, and that's all. I'd appreciate any commentary from the seasoned Sprint-whisperers here about whether I'm likely to see the Band 41 I covet so greatly.

Yes, it will happen.  They are going Triband everywhere.  And there is already some movement occurring.  However, who knows where your site will be prioritized?

Robert

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

There's a site at the Winter Springs city hall that is showing Band 41 on the cellmapper site. It says "first spotted" on June 3. I haven't personally hit it, but I'm hopeful that the area, which has been barren, is getting some love.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

There's a site at the Winter Springs city hall that is showing Band 41 on the cellmapper site. It says "first spotted" on June 3. I haven't personally hit it, but I'm hopeful that the area, which has been barren, is getting some love.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

The tower over on Tuskawilla just north of Dike had 2.5 upgrades a few weeks back.

Would love to see the tower that serves my house (just off of Dodd and Dike) get 2.5, but it won’t be until Q4 for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to see the tower that serves my house (just off of Dodd and Dike) get 2.5, but it won’t be until Q4 for that.

Can you share your source?

Any idea about the monopole inside-antenna tower located on the driving range of the Tuscawilla Country Club?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be heading down to Disney in Orlando tomorrow morning. First time there in 17 years so I have no clue how the Sprint network is. What is the PCS situation there? And any idea what percentage of sites have B41 installed? Also is there a DAS in Disney and if so what bands does it distribute. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Over half have B41 but there were more B41 sectors I could not match to sites.   B41 is constant on the interstate. I have not been into the park (I have been around it though) but reports have been that the network has been congested in the past.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:23 PM, mirskyc said:

I'll be heading down to Disney in Orlando tomorrow morning. First time there in 17 years so I have no clue how the Sprint network is. What is the PCS situation there? And any idea what percentage of sites have B41 installed? Also is there a DAS in Disney and if so what bands does it distribute. Thanks in advance!

Most people at a Disney World resort hotel or in a Disney World park are on the free Disney WiFi.  WiFi blankets the insides of the hotels and insides of the parks and works well even when the parks are at capacity.  That leaves people in the parking lots, bus stops, commuting in cars, buses, etc. on the cellular networks.  Sprint coverage generally good on Disney property and stays that way until you get outside Disney property.  Then it sometimes get congested if you get away from the interstates.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Was in Cape Canaveral because I'm going on a cruise and while at Port Canaveral, I was able to compare Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile's networks. The port is served by 2 sites. A monopole that is a bit south of Port Canaveral that has AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile on it and what looks like some sort of silo on the port's property that has Sprint on it.

The Verizon site has Band 2/13/66 on it and no 5G at all. The T-Mobile site is Band 2/12/66/71 and n71. The Sprint site is Band 25/26/41. 

Verizon's LTE performance was bad. On Verizon I had similar signal strength to T-Mobile but much slower speeds. I was getting maximum speeds of 2Mbps down and 23Mbps up. This is in comparison to my maximum T-Mobile 5G speeds of 53Mbps down and 40Mbps up. At some point I noticed my phone switch to LTE and my signal strength increased significantly. When I took a look at my ServiceMode screen I saw that I was on Band 41 which instantly made me realize that my phone had switched to Sprint's network. Running a speed test I was able to get 98Mbps down and 5Mbps up.

This was my first experience where my T-Mobile device switched to Sprint while still in the presence of a T-Mobile site with good signal strength. Hopefully T-Mobile decides to keep this site, even if it's to only serve the port. Doing so would free up capacity significantly as it seems like the site T-Mobile is on with Verizon is meant to serve Cape Canaveral more than Port Canaveral.

Verizon:

hOlHkNw.png

T-Mobile:

eJg8rYS.png

Sprint: 

7oBb8ys.png

Edit: I also forgot that I latched onto Sprint's Band 41 at Orlando International Airport again despite not being outside of T-Mobile's coverage. From the speeds it looks like this may have been 40-60MHz of Band 41. Cell ID indicated I connected to Sprint eNB 387939.

u4MOnlo.pngnPOaJ7X.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...