Oh my god finally! Universal is now usable on Sprint! Did they totally swap out the Clear B41 with Nokia equipment or did they add it somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99.9% guarantee they just turned off the Clear B41 sectors and let the Nokia equipment take over. 

• Like 2

99.9% guarantee they just turned off the Clear B41 sectors and let the Nokia equipment take over.

The reason I asked was that the Clear B41 originally in the area was extremely fringe throughout the parks when I was there.

If the Nokia equipment is in the same place or marginally closer than the Clear antennas, then what was reported appears to be very impressive performance, comparatively speaking.

• Like 1

The reason I asked was that the Clear B41 originally in the area was extremely fringe throughout the parks when I was there.

If the Nokia equipment is in the same place or marginally closer than the Clear antennas, then what was reported appears to be very impressive performance, comparatively speaking.

cant wait. be there in november. I know a really long time

That clearwire tower was still active when I was there but it used Nokia 41 most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

2978addc887f10ae11d30e500c1821fe.jpg

Stuck on 3g inside the house... Not even mad though... I can deal with this if the WiFi goes out... Lol

• 3 weeks later...

On Universal Blvd below the Wawa, just above International Drive in my hotel and my phone is struggling on B26. Keeps dropping to 800x but the data is non existant. 

Outside, a fairly strong B41 signal.

• Like 1

On Universal Blvd below the Wawa, just above International Drive in my hotel and my phone is struggling on B26. Keeps dropping to 800x but the data is non existant.

Outside, a fairly strong B41 signal.

that corner is horrible. I have to switch to cable wifi when I'm there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Taking my family to Disney this week for the first time. I'm excited to see what a tri-band device can do in the Orlando market! We'll be in Miami, West Palm Beach, Orlando, and Venice on our trip - the sensorly maps had me pretty optimistic about coverage & speeds. :)

• Like 2

Taking my family to Disney this week for the first time. I'm excited to see what a tri-band device can do in the Orlando market! We'll be in Miami, West Palm Beach, Orlando, and Venice on our trip - the sensorly maps had me pretty optimistic about coverage & speeds. :)

I was there 2 months ago.  The coverage was good but not great.  I was on a iPhone 5S however so your experience may be better than mine.  Disney's free WIFI covers all their hotels and all their parks and was slow at times but nearly always usable.  I usually found Sprint LTE to be a little slower than the Disney WIFI and just auto-connected to Disney WIFI whenever it was available.  Because of the large number of people on WIFI the macro LTE network has enough capacity available to work with those crowds.

Recommendation: Bring a external battery and charging cord to the parks.  People use mobile devices a lot when they are there.

• Like 1

Recommendation: Bring a external battery and charging cord to the parks.  People use mobile devices a lot when they are there.

Which is sad.  I miss the days of the Wait Times boards and paper-based fastpasses.  It was a much more enjoyable experience than being a slave to our smartphones or tablets just to navigate the park.

Hey, quick question...Anyone ever heard of Glotel, Inc? I'm perusing permits and this company just was issued permits for two sites that haven't been upgraded with 2.5. Also, they don't have the 65 Mhz radios on them yet either....JW if this is Sprint work?

• 3 weeks later...

Any B41 in New Smyrna Beach? Even though I'm in CA, calling parents weekly being on HD voice every single time on our devices is awesome!

Posted this in the Jacksonville thread by mistake:

Have there been any 2nd carrier b25 sightings in and around Orlando? Is that even possible? I'm in the airport right now and scp is reporting it

In Orlando sprint is borderline on pcs spectrum holdings with 27.5 mhz of pcs a-f spectrum.

In addition your scp is a false positive since 8665 is band 25 pcs g block. The reason why scp is saying second carrier is because the gci ends in 04 since in Samsung markers 03/04/05 denote second carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

In Orlando sprint is borderline on pcs spectrum holdings with 27.5 mhz of pcs a-f spectrum.

In addition your scp is a false positive since 8665 is band 25 pcs g block. The reason why scp is saying second carrier is because the gci ends in 04 since in Samsung markers 03/04/05 denote second carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I just posted the same rebuttal in the other thread where this was posted. I hadn't come across this thread, yet.

:tu:

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk