Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

The bridge by Indian Trace and I75

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well I finally got out to look at the site over the holiday break.  It looks like it has B41 panels up, but it's only broadcasting B25/26.  Thankfully that is enough to fill in a huge coverage gap that used to cover a large chunk of north Weston.  There is still a really rough area over on the southern side, near Griffin/Weston Road.  There is a site that's broadcasting eHRPD and 1x800, and doing a poor job of it.  That seems to be the last trouble spot in my old stomping grounds.  

Speed test?

I hVe tested at about 4 3xca sites close to work and the house.

Speeds are about 70 to 100% more. Highest is 80 down and 12 up. I am going to hit the 2xca sites this weekend where i used to hit 100+ down to see anything has changed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any improvements in the West Palm Beach/ Wellington area? I found out the 3G only site that I was hoping to get LTE is no longer listed in the Sprint Data base. So unless they replaced it I'm expecting worse service this upcoming February when I go down for a visit.

Unfortunately Wellington is still a bad spot for sprint. The service here in the West Palm area has not improved for the west region. There's still a 3G tower on Northlake and unfortunately service is slow in this part of west palm. My wife wants to go back to Verizon. I'm hoping to see some changes soon.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/18/2017 at 10:46 AM, conquereddroiduser said:

There is still a really rough area over on the southern side, near Griffin/Weston Road.  There is a site that's broadcasting eHRPD and 1x800, and doing a poor job of it.  That seems to be the last trouble spot in my old stomping grounds.  

That trouble spot looks to have been filled by a mini macro.  It was either saturated already, or just didn't have proper backhaul yet when my dad tested it (6-8mb down).  

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Random update. Was all over Palm Beach County. New T-Mobile is way more solid then Sprint used to be. Here is a list of the network here. I only have a Galaxy S20 so I don't know if there are additional N41 carriers or N66 and N2 deployed 

T-Mobile

B2 HSPA

B2 20x20 + 10x10

B66 20x20 + 5x5

B41 20 + 20

B12 5x5

B71 5x5

N41 100

N71 15x15

Sprint 

B25 5x5

B26 5x5

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 12:26 AM, mirskyc said:

Random update. Was all over Palm Beach County. New T-Mobile is way more solid then Sprint used to be. Here is a list of the network here. I only have a Galaxy S20 so I don't know if there are additional N41 carriers or N66 and N2 deployed 

T-Mobile

B2 HSPA

B2 20x20 + 10x10

B66 20x20 + 5x5

B41 20 + 20

B12 5x5

B71 5x5

N41 100

N71 15x15

Sprint 

B25 5x5

B26 5x5

I never used Sprint in West Palm, but T-Mobile has come a LONG way there in the last few years. There are definitely some sites still waiting on upgrades (and I'm patiently waiting on additional Sprint Keep site conversions). I would say that the network, overall, is better and more consistent than the competition.