Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Interesting discussion going on here. I live just NE of Dixie and Oakland Park (very near Wilton) and have pretty consistent service in that area. I stay connected to B26 indoors and yes, it's not blazing fast but does generally work when I need it (most of the time I'm on wifi). B41 pretty much everywhere outdoors but there are exceptions. Notably, when I go north of Commercial I do lose B41 until closer to Cypress Creek although that's about as far north as I typically go. B41 in the area of Cypress Creek and Andrews is Clearwire.

The problem I'm noticing recently is while in my office building (near Cypress Creek and Andrews)  my signal quality on even B26 seems to have deteriorated over the past 3 months. I used to stay on B26 easily, quite often now I'm dropping to 3G. If I don't leave my phone sitting on my desk the battery will drain by the end of the day and I often need to charge it. B26 also seems much more congested, speed tests rarely over 1Mbs but these are typically at -110 to -115 dBm signal. Also reviewing my bill my 3G data usage has been increasing month over month since March (when it had been steadily decreasing month over month, my travel patterns and usage areas have not changed). A few calls have also dropped and that has been very rare in the past 12 months. I reported this to Sprint last week and the agent indicated this tower is the 13th busiest of all towers in the Miami market. I didn't open a ticket but think I will since it doesn't appear to be getting any better. Anybody else live/work around Cypress Creek and Andrews and notice this?

So one of the sore spots in Weston might finally be getting filled in. This tower had been 3g upgraded for about a year, and really makes a nice size LTE hole. All this time I thought it was just waiting on backhaul.. Turns out they are replacing the tower all together! Hopefully things will move quickly once it's up.

1168c6cfd2dff675bcfe349ae22f23d6.jpg

• Like 3

So one of the sore spots in Weston might finally be getting filled in. This tower had been 3g upgraded for about a year, and really makes a nice size LTE hole. All this time I thought it was just waiting on backhaul.. Turns out they are replacing the tower all together! Hopefully things will move quickly once it's up.

1168c6cfd2dff675bcfe349ae22f23d6.jpg

Nice! Keep us posted!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

South Florida has come a long way. My main concern at this point even though I no longer live in the area is why the two towers close to the Sawgrass Mills Mall have yet to be touched or upgraded. 

South Florida has come a long way. My main concern at this point even though I no longer live in the area is why the two towers close to the Sawgrass Mills Mall have yet to be touched or upgraded.

Is just not does two towers the entire west side sucks big time all the way from Sunrise West to Weston. The spacing is horrible, Sprint needs more towers in does area, another dead spot in Sprint coverage for YEARS have been Pembroke Lakes Mall. They have come a long way in SFL, but for some reason they have a lot of holes in key areas.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

When in the areas of non upgraded sites, report via the Sprint Zone app. Sprint appears to prioritize remaining upgrades using user reports. Use it every few days all around the effected sites. Using as many unique devices possible.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 3

Our mall sees so much traffic from tourist you would think it's a given.

And yet it has not been done.  If you care, report it.  If you don't, then the status quo is fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a clue, I so drive around and do some speed test randomly.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I also do random speed tests around pompano beach and deerfield on my drives. The speeds have definitely improved. I don't have a CA device but data is very usable, around 15-40 mbs download.

• Like 2

I've noticed an instant improvement almost over night as of last week. Very satisfied. And I have to mention that the iPhone 6s holds onto b41 even better than the 6 did. I would say that I am now on b41 at least 95% of the time in Orlando... I look forward to testing out Miami sometime this year. Ill have to make a trip down there for something.

• Like 1

I've noticed an instant improvement almost over night as of last week. Very satisfied. And I have to mention that the iPhone 6s holds onto b41 even better than the 6 did. I would say that I am now on b41 at least 95% of the time in Orlando... I look forward to testing out Miami sometime this year. Ill have to make a trip down there for something.

Head north of Orlando and you wont see band 41 all the way til you hit the villages then you wont see it til st augustine and it is barely in both of those places. I was at the Gator game in G ville and Sprint was useless. Tmobile worked fine, Verizon did too. I wonder if Marcelo knows how bad Gainesville needs attention. Might have to inform him on Twitter.

Head north of Orlando and you wont see band 41 all the way til you hit the villages then you wont see it til st augustine and it is barely in both of those places. I was at the Gator game in G ville and Sprint was useless. Tmobile worked fine, Verizon did too. I wonder if Marcelo knows how bad Gainesville needs attention. Might have to inform him on Twitter.

Do you have b26 or b25 while heading north? And is it usable data speeds?

Do you have b26 or b25 while heading north? And is it usable data speeds?

In the area and night time. Other than that I find sprint 3g to be more reliable. Random speed test in Gainesville by the oaks mall. 0.97mbps down and 0.09 up. This mimics what I see in Ocala's congested areas. Whats interesting is Sprints site density in both cities is actually good. So full bars but tons of capaicty issues. I also found that in these areas things load easier on 3G.