Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

If it doesn't work for you now then it probably won't work for you for a while. Get another provider that will give you the service you want today and not wait for potential "what ifs" as you may wait months to years. 

I had Verizon which work well out here but the costs were ridiculous. For sprint I pay 13.00 less in taxes and that's just a start. My biggest complainant with VZ was the constant overages in data. With Sprint, my bill has always been consistent yet with Verizon it would fluctuate. For the same cost, I get 12 more GB of data with sprint. This month, I've used approximately 6GB of data and have 14 days left. If you look at open signal Verizon doesn't even have towers out here so I wonder how they get their LTE to work so well inside the house.

I live pretty close to a sprint tower that just got band 41 but like band 25 it doesn't travel very far. I was curious as to when band 26 will come out this way. With my close proximity to the tower I should definitely get LTE

Do not count on Open Signal to show all sites of any provider. They are lucky if they show one quarter of them. And then there is a good chance they are not in the right spot.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

• Like 2

I'm so glad i stuck out with Sprint. Currently #2 here in Miami! Now, we just need even better in building coverage :)

22560b7af25b8cf200f3ed38ec990b6a.jpg

Overall, I've seen a drastic increase in LTE coverage in West Palm. In Belle Glade where I work, I get better service inside buildings than Verizon. I'm going to stick it out with Sprint.

• Like 3

Same exact spot B41

This site is very healthy on capacity so speeds show it. That's what happens when all three bands and available instead of just band 25 and band 26 which in my experience does not handle urban areas well without band 41. I can't wait to see the first Nokia band 41 tower in Ocala. It will be like Christmas Day!
  • Like 3

This site is very healthy on capacity so speeds show it. That's what happens when all three bands and available instead of just band 25 and band 26 which in my experience does not handle urban areas well without band 41. I can't wait to see the first Nokia band 41 tower in Ocala. It will be like Christmas Day!

Is there a difference between towers like Nokia and Ericsson?

Is there a difference between towers like Nokia and Ericsson?

Nokia is installing B41 LTE (Spark) at Ericsson sites.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Some b25 love at peak hours.

ce58427594a09183d6a1301111f566f0.jpg

It's nice to see that B41 is starting to do some heavy lifting and removing the burden off B25.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Can someone please explain to me why this tower behaves like this?? Its been like this for over a year; perfect signal yet speed throughout is horrible...no matter what time of the day.

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2019f897e3f67a318a62f846ad671ba3a62.jpg5-09-03-10-54-20.png

c7b1f1bd1f582029f19ab6173657d5d5.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's simple. The site is busy. 2.5Mbps is not horrible for B25 in an urban/suburban area during the day. It's normal. B25 speeds are mediocre until there is ample B41 and/or additional B25 LTE carriers are added. At sites with just one B25 LTE carrier or one B25/26 combo, you shouldn't expect much. It will get better as other bands get added to the area. Your area may need more density too.

Yeah, it's simple. The site is busy. 2.5Mbps is not horrible for B25 in an urban/suburban area during the day. It's normal. B25 speeds are mediocre until there is ample B41 and/or additional B25 LTE carriers are added. At sites with just one B25 LTE carrier or one B25/26 combo, you shouldn't expect much. It will get better as other bands get added to the area. Your area may need more density too.

I see....but this exact area isn't even that dense. It also is like this at any given time through the day that i pass by here. I would understand with a way weaker signal but not like the one i showed...

I see....but this exact area isn't even that dense. It also is like this at any given time through the day that i pass by here. I would understand with a way weaker signal but not like the one i showed...

Signal strength only matters to speed when the site is under capacity. If it is over capacity, it doesn't matter how strong the signal is. It's kind of like a freeway, with inner fast lanes (strong signal) and outer slow lanes (weaker signal). If the freeway has a 75 MPH speed limit, it doesn't matter when there's so much traffic that you can only drive 20 MPH in the fast lane. The whole freeway is moving 20 MPH. Once traffic clears, then the faster lanes (strong signal) can move faster than the slow lanes (weak signal).

In wireless, if there is zero other traffic, then the perfect signal in this instance maxes out at 37.5Mbps, and we will say the weakest signal is only capable of 1Mbps. However, if there is so much traffic that each user can only muster 2Mbps of the total throughput, then all users will be limited to ~2Mbps, except those with the weakest signal which will still just be 1Mbps, or less.

So the throughput speed your device experiences is first most impacted by capacity, then signal strength. It is possible to have a perfect LTE signal and have virtually no data throughput at all. I have this happen to me in Denver on AT&T at least once every trip.

B25 on Sprint in this market is 5x5. Only 37.5Mbps throughput. That means everyone on that sector is sharing one 37.5Mbps connection to the internet. It doesn't have to be very dense. You can have just a few heavy users, and bam, you're down to that speed.

If you find that B25 works well on most sites in the area, but just not this one, it is possible that there is a problem with the site. Either way, I'd report it to Sprint. Tell them it is consistently slow. Get a ticket opened up for it. Insist on a ticket number. And write it down. Also, report it in the Sprint Zone app every week or two. If they close the ticket number in a few weeks and it doesn't improve, open one again. If you have multiple lines, report from theirs to Sprint Zone app too. And maybe if you have friends on Sprint also on that tower.

The more reports they get, the more likely it will appear urgent and they will do something about it. Because if it is just a site hardware or configuration problem, this will get them to take care of it. If it's just over capacity, this will increase the chances of getting your site moved up the priority list for upgrades.

• Like 2

Signal strength only matters to speed when the site is under capacity. If it is over capacity, it doesn't matter how strong the signal is. It's kind of like a freeway, with inner fast lanes (strong signal) and outer slow lanes (weaker signal). If the freeway has a 75 MPH speed limit, it doesn't matter when there's so much traffic that you can only drive 20 MPH in the fast lane. The whole freeway is moving 20 MPH. Once traffic clears, then the faster lanes (strong signal) can move faster than the slow lanes (weak signal).

In wireless, if there is zero other traffic, then the perfect signal in this instance maxes out at 37.5Mbps, and we will say the weakest signal is only capable of 1Mbps. However, if there is so much traffic that each user can only muster 2Mbps of the total throughput, then all users will be limited to ~2Mbps, except those with the weakest signal which will still just be 1Mbps, or less.

So the throughput speed your device experiences is first most impacted by capacity, then signal strength. It is possible to have a perfect LTE signal and have virtually no data throughput at all. I have this happen to me in Denver on AT&T at least once every trip.

B25 on Sprint in this market is 5x5. Only 37.5Mbps throughput. That means everyone on that sector is sharing one 37.5Mbps connection to the internet. It doesn't have to be very dense. You can have just a few heavy users, and bam, you're down to that speed.

If you find that B25 works well on most sites in the area, but just not this one, it is possible that there is a problem with the site. Either way, I'd report it to Sprint. Tell them it is consistently slow. Get a ticket opened up for it. Insist on a ticket number. And write it down. Also, report it in the Sprint Zone app every week or two. If they close the ticket number in a few weeks and it doesn't improve, open one again. If you have multiple lines, report from theirs to Sprint Zone app too. And maybe if you have friends on Sprint also on that tower.

The more reports they get, the more likely it will appear urgent and they will do something about it. Because if it is just a site hardware or configuration problem, this will get them to take care of it. If it's just over capacity, this will increase the chances of getting your site moved up the priority list for upgrades.

Thanks for the reply ????????

I have beeno having the same issues... sorry to say

I have beeno having the same issues... sorry to say

It most likely is site congestion.  But 2-1/2 megs is not far off from the advertised B25 LTE speeds of 5-8Mbps.  If you're not on Sprint B41, you just aren't going to see fast speeds on Sprint.

It most likely is site congestion. But 2-1/2 megs is not far off from the advertised B25 LTE speeds of 5-8Mbps. If you're not on Sprint B41, you just aren't going to see fast speeds on Sprint.

It can't be congested 24/7.... It just can't.

It can.  We have seen it happen.  I'm not saying it definitely is in your instance.  But it can be.

sites in my small town are over crowded, i see band 25 and 26 around 4-8 down... the only exception to this is between 4 and 6 AM give or take, the pings are low and you would never guess you are on a "slow" connection unless you run a speed test or download apps (should be done on wifi) although i notice my apps update on my iphone over cellular all the time, sadly you cant stop it without either disabling auto update, or use cellular for iTunes radio.... i don't know why the two are linked.