Network Vision/LTE - Ft. Wayne/South Bend Market

emburybrett

Well, after this news that South Bend is currently, slowly, going live with LTE. I've decide to stay with Sprint.I purchased a iphone5 yesterday and signed a new two year agreement. After giving them $810.00 in new phones (5 phones) I hope they weren't giving me the run around like they did with the wimax evo..... :)

Well' date=' after this news that South Bend is currently, slowly, going live with LTE. I've decide to stay with Sprint.I purchased a iphone5 yesterday and signed a new two year agreement. After giving them 810.00 in new phones (5 phones) I hope they weren't giving me the run around like they did with the wimax evo..... :)[/quote']

LTE is already live in 75% of South Bend. And it is still growing.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

LTE is already live in 75% of South Bend. And it is still growing.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

I haven't been out much since I've had the phone but had nice signal over by Ireland Rd/Ironwood. At home outside it's been going in and out from 3g to LTE. Anxious to see where I get a signal when I'm out tomorrow.

I haven't been out much since I've had the phone but had nice signal over by Ireland Rd/Ironwood. At home outside it's been going in and out from 3g to LTE. Anxious to see where I get a signal when I'm out tomorrow.

It's definitely stronger in South Bend vs. Mishawaka or Elkhart/Goshen, but holes are quickly getting filled.

It's definitely stronger in South Bend vs. Mishawaka or Elkhart/Goshen, but holes are quickly getting filled.

Yea I live in south bend and work in elkhart/goshen, south bend is definatly better covered. Unfortunitly i live about a 1/2 mile from the updated tower on mayflower & US 20 and it is definatly not live yet.

• Like 1

Just to be sure, they're keeping these LTE towers on all the time now, as they complete them, right? I only ask, because I've been in some of the areas in Ft. Wayne, where the sensorly map shows LTE, but my phone has never switched to LTE. Closest I got was when I was out by the Carmike, and I suddenly got some really peppy 3G speeds.

I'm getting worried that something might be wrong with the LTE antenna in my phone. :-(

I'm getting worried that something might be wrong with the LTE antenna in my phone. :-(

The EVO LTE is not a great LTE performer -- at least, not in a fractionally deployed market. Start reading, as we have discussed this issue ad nauseum.

AJ

Make sure under networks it says CDMA/lte. And they definitely do not always leave them on. We had lte on the south side of Elkhart over a month ago and it disappeared until last week and Goshen still isn't back on. And like I just said I live near a completed tower on the south west side of south bend and I know I did not have lte this morning at home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well. Theres Sprint tower by the hospital and well. They are finally working on 4G :D.

The 4G isn't activated yet. But I know entering downtown these are the speeds I got:

295329410.png

4g.jpg

sprint4g.jpg

Edited by Rukin1
  • Like 6

Well. Theres Sprint tower by the hospital and well. They are finally working on 4G :D.

The 4G isn't activated yet. But I know entering downtown these are the speeds I got:

295329410.png

4g.jpg

sprint4g.jpg

4g has to be active, 3g is not capable of those speeds.

4g has to be active, 3g is not capable of those speeds.

I think he was implying LTE he picked up from another tower with the speeds. Then a tower near his work which is in the process of being upgraded.

I think he was implying LTE he picked up from another tower with the speeds. Then a tower near his work which is in the process of being upgraded.

OK, I wasn't sure. The bottom 2 pics weren't showing on tapatalk at the time.

And if you are on Jefferson going down town, either PRL update or turn on/off airplane mode will pickup 4G.

Off Illinois road and St Thomas road, at that corner where target is. Down st thomas road is 4G.

And off 69. By menards, there is a sprint tower that has 4G. I saw the people up there working on it xD

Edited by Rukin1

i have been getting 4g lte now in fort wayne in spots and some places out in the country since i got my s3 on black friday. today i did a speedtest outside the walmart on maysville rd and got 31.02mbps down and 7.73 up. inside the walmart i got 17.8 mbps down and 4.87mbps up. i'm stoked for these kind of speeds. i can't wait for them to get the rest of the towers done.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get 20.60 Mbps down, and 8.92 Mbps up, and 49 ms ping when I was going down I-69, this was between Upland, IN and Huntington, IN. I got it on December 27 at 9:26 AM.

With the exception of the ping time (by a ~20 ms margin), it's better then my home internet connection in every way. Uploading the picture onto my Twitter account literally took less then a second. Needless to say, I was pleased. I was on a school bus, if it makes a difference.

I managed to get 20.60 Mbps down, and 8.92 Mbps up, and 49 ms ping when I was going down I-69, this was between Upland, IN and Huntington, IN. I got it on December 27 at 9:26 AM.

Was the school bus a time machine?

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

• Like 1

Was the school bus a time machine?

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

Nope. But it was a magic one that can travel in space AND shrink down to the size of a cell, along with everything on it. It even has eyes, literally!

yeah i'm picking up 4g almost all over south bend. i live like a couple of miles from the tower by the bypass on mayflower and its not turned on yet. couple of weeks ago south side of goshen where i work has lte going pretty strong.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...