Network Vision/LTE - Ft. Wayne/South Bend Market

emburybrett

Goshen IN has LTE this morning.

Please upload the coverage using the Sensorly app. That way we can plot and track progress in your market. Thanks!

Robert

• Like 1

I guess they're actually going to hit 12,000 sites or more by the end of the year at this rate. It seems like they're stepping things up. Samsung has been going pretty slowly compared to the other vendors, although it may be because of back haul more than anything. Currently Samsung has half as many sites done as ALU and Ericsson do separately. I really hope they can show that they're going to be able to get things done.

I guess they're actually going to hit 12,000 sites or more by the end of the year at this rate. It seems like they're stepping things up. Samsung has been going pretty slowly compared to the other vendors, although it may be because of back haul more than anything. Currently Samsung has half as many sites done as ALU and Ericsson do separately. I really hope they can show that they're going to be able to get things done.

The 12,000 site estimate isn't starting to look very optimistic to me. Production rates per market still have not climbed. There are just now a few more markets producing sites. I do think this month we will see a lot more markets with sites coming online. But, unless the production rate per market increases significantly also, they will not hit the 12,000 sites by December 31st.

Robert

The 12,000 site estimate isn't starting to look very optimistic to me. Production rates per market still have not climbed. There are just now a few more markets producing sites. I do think this month we will see a lot more markets with sites coming online. But, unless the production rate per market increases significantly also, they will not hit the 12,000 sites by December 31st.

Robert

Even their schedules are extremely optimistic, they seem to want thousands of sites done each month when it seems vendors/contractors are only able to pump out ~500/mo. I could be completely wrong and they could be meeting the schedule without any problems but the approval process is what's making it look like they're going as slow as molasses. There's no way to know the truth as you only get accepted sites. It would be nice to here from sources within Ericsson, Samsung, and Alcatel Lucent to see what production rates actually are.

I went to download the app and noticed my 4g is gone. Just checked with my coworker that has a Photon Q and both of us no longer have LTE. It was a fun few hours while it lasted..... :(

Use the application anyways, it'll map LTE even when you aren't paying attention to your phone. So if it pops back up it will be reported and posted to sensorly's maps.

Even their schedules are extremely optimistic' date=' they seem to want thousands of sites done each month when it seems vendors/contractors are only able to pump out ~500/mo. I could be completely wrong and they could be meeting the schedule without any problems but the approval process is what's making it look like they're going as slow as molasses. There's no way to know the truth as you only get accepted sites. It would be nice to here from sources within Ericsson, Samsung, and Alcatel Lucent to see what production rates actually are.[/quote']

We have a source who does inspection for a third party. He works in several markets. He says the failure rate is approximately 25%. And the OEM calls for reinspection within a week or two in most instances.

So there is not a large backlog of sites meeting the criteria that are suddenly going to appear out of nowhere. As much as I wish that they would.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

We have a source who does inspection for a third party. He works in several markets. He says the failure rate is approximately 25%. And the OEM calls for reinspection within a week or two in most instances.

Do you know what things specifically cause a failed site?

So there is not a large backlog of sites meeting the criteria that are suddenly going to appear out of nowhere. As much as I wish that they would.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

A 25% failure rate sounds quite horrible, that doesn't make things look good at all. I would expect these contractors to do a much better job especially since they don't get paid until a site is accepted.

I went to download the app and noticed my 4g is gone. Just checked with my coworker that has a Photon Q and both of us no longer have LTE. It was a fun few hours while it lasted..... :(

Do you guys work at the sprint store in Dunlap? I just checked Sensorly and it showed a little bit of purple right about where the Sprint store is. :)

Do you know what things specifically cause a failed site?

I have sent him an email asking for more info. I will post it when I get a response.

Robert

• Like 1

I have sent him an email asking for more info. I will post it when I get a response.

Robert

Curious to hear this as well. Could it be wrongly calibrated downtilt/angles on the antennas? Seems like something that could be common.

Looks like it man just can't wait til they move east or south from Michigan into Ohio..but still great to see and they weren't supposed to start around there til winter

I know, its exciting!!! :) Isn't it kinda weird to be so excited about something like this? :D

I know' date=' its exciting!!! :) Isn't it kinda weird to be so excited about something like this? :D[/quote']

Well, my family and friends tell me so all the time. But I've gotten used to the naysayers and just continue be the dork that I am.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I know, its exciting!!! :) Isn't it kinda weird to be so excited about something like this? :D

lol heck no I'll be driving all around Toledo and even Michigan when i find out sites are being worked on scince I live on the border soaking up all the Ite I can get... get my Verizon buddies to stop braging about there Lte ha :)
  • Like 1

Lol, ya, I find my self looking at every tower I go past anymore in hopes of getting a glimpse of some work being done! And my wife thinks I'm totally nuts! :) Most of my buddies have verizon also, and they just think they're all that! :angry:

Robert

Makes me wonder if Sprint will decrease their projections for completed sites in their 3rd quarter earnings call or if they'll continue touting 12,000 by year end.

Makes me wonder if Sprint will decrease their projections for completed sites in their 3rd quarter earnings call or if they'll continue touting 12' date='000 by year end.[/quote']

I hope they are honest with their investors. That is about the worst thing they could do is lie to the investors.

• Like 1

I hope they are honest with their investors. That is about the worst thing they could do is lie to the investors.

It would be illegal for them to be dishonest. They would have to believe it and have a path to pull it off in order to say it. But it doesn't have to come true necessarily. They just cannot knowingly lie.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner