Network Vision/LTE - Ft. Wayne/South Bend Market

emburybrett

I live in Fort Wayne, IN and see on network.sprint.com that a tower downtown has voice upgrade, data capacity upgrade, and data speed upgrade could that mean it got network vision when your site says not till December. I dont have an LTE phone or even sprint right now I went Virgin Mobile till they get LTE. (No reason to over pay when for $30 I get the same thing)

87d7aad3.jpg

The sites listed on the Sprint network site are not related to Network Vision.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Then why would they update the tower just to update it again in just a few months?

Edited by emburybrett

Sites shown at network.sprint.com show maintenance upgrades that are being performed by Ericsson as part of their National Network management contract. They only are related to voice and 3G network maintenance. Not LTE deployment or Network Vision.

Robert

Sites shown at network.sprint.com show maintenance upgrades that are being performed by Ericsson as part of their National Network management contract. They only are related to voice and 3G network maintenance. Not LTE deployment or Network Vision.

Robert

Ok nice to know... still doesnt make any sense to me why they would update a tower if they have to update it again.

Ok nice to know... still doesnt make any sense to me why they would update a tower if they have to update it again.

Because Ericsson has a contract to do this work and they should have done it quite a long time ago. Ericsson has had a contract to manage the network since 2009. The fact that Sprint is doing work on Network Vision in the future does not relieve Ericsson of their contract obligations. It's better to have a few months of 3G improvements before NV then not at all.

Robert

Because Ericsson has a contract to do this work and they should have done it quite a long time ago. Ericsson has had a contract to manage the network since 2009. The fact that Sprint is doing work on Network Vision in the future does not relieve Ericsson of their contract obligations. It's better to have a few months of 3G improvements before NV then not at all.

Robert

Thanks for the Information.. I just dont like they are havent done that many updates in the last 2 years years only thing that i have seen is the speeds drop.

I agree; it is somewhat of a waste of resources. But give Sprint and Ericsson credit for trying to make things better. Many markets will not see much, if any Network Vision progress for a year. In your case, be thankful for what you get. Fort Wayne is arguably in the worst shape of all Sprint markets in the top 100. And there is relatively little that Sprint and Ericsson can do to improve matters until Network Vision rolls through.

AJ

I agree; it is somewhat of a waste of resources. But give Sprint and Ericsson credit for trying to make things better. Many markets will not see much, if any Network Vision progress for a year. In your case, be thankful for what you get. Fort Wayne is arguably in the worst shape of all Sprint markets in the top 100. And there is relatively little that Sprint and Ericsson can do to improve matters until Network Vision rolls through.

AJ

It's too bad they didn't get Clearwire to focus on WiMax deployments in Sprint markets where they are so deficient, like Ft. Wayne.

Robert

It's too bad they didn't get Clearwire to focus on WiMax deployments in Sprint markets where they are so deficient, like Ft. Wayne.

Robert

Sprint told me I should have been happy with the two towers they put up its on clearwires map but I only got it to work one time while driving by our mall.

Robert

Fort wayne got really messed up by ipcs when it took it over.never hardly did upgrades and way behind.my mom lived there for eight years.her house was outside town so did good, but in town was awful.I'm glad sprint put it on higher list.

• 1 month later...

Speeds have improved in some areas, we are now to a speed comparable to a year ago. But, there are still towers downtown that are lacking upgrades of any sort. I know Sprint starts its NV/LTE install in December, but that is not coming fast enough.

Speeds have improved in some areas' date=' we are now to a speed comparable to a year ago. But, there are still towers downtown that are lacking upgrades of any sort. I know Sprint starts its NV/LTE install in December, but that is not coming fast enough.[/quote']

We have had confirmation of a converted site near Elkhart. So it may start earlier in your market than originally planned.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

We have had confirmation of a converted site near Elkhart. So it may start earlier in your market than originally planned.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

. There had been a company that spent near a month at a site in Fort Wayne, corner of Hobson and Stellhorn Rds. Did Sprint get a jump on the rollout here?

. There had been a company that spent near a month at a site in Fort Wayne, corner of Hobson and Stellhorn Rds. Did Sprint get a jump on the rollout here?

I have no confirmations so far in the market except for the site near Elkhart. It will be interesting to see if any FWA/SBN sites appear in the NV Sites Complete map update tomorrow or next Sunday.

Robert

Anything come out yesterday?

No. Sprint did not accept any sites complete from the OEM in this market last week.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply. Do you get info of sites they have started working on?

Rarely. That data is so inconsistent, that I do not publish it. Field data from our members is much more reliable.

Robert

• Like 1

Goshen IN has LTE this morning.

We have had some pop up in Indy the passed few days. If you would we ask if you update the sensorly maps please. If you don't have the app it can be found in the app store and just connect to the lte and open the app, it will take care of the rest. Thanks.

Lol! So excited, you couldn't wait for the upload test to complete, huh? :lol:

Hey, it happens to a lot of male wireless enthusiasts. It is called premature posticulation.

AJ

• Like 3

We have had some pop up in Indy the passed few days. If you would we ask if you update the sensorly maps please. If you don't have the app it can be found in the app store and just connect to the lte and open the app, it will take care of the rest. Thanks.

Goshen is actually in the Fort Wayne/South Bend market, so it's good to know that both the Fort Wayne and Indy markets are well underway.