lequonrobinson

Network Vision/LTE - Baltimore Market (including Annapolis/East Shore)

So the new water tower in ocean city close to the inlet has 2 b41 carriers, 2 b25, b26. Band 25 is CA. Speeds in the mid 20's at 8am

IMG_1356.PNG

IMG_1355.PNG

I saw small cell on 56 street but was not sprint. But if get chance go check it out. Also by Chipotle on route 50 I found mini micro ripping over 100 mbps. Small cell on oceanside 56 street.

Down by the amusement park by the inlet att has 2 permanent globe antennas similar to the one in D.C. By the national mall. The two are much smaller though.

Sprint needs more capacity all around down there.

Sprint needs more capacity all around down there.

Isn't that the truth. We had storms a few times yesterday afternoon. Each time the network just crashed from all the users. I tried to used ehrpd and even that didn't work. Lte was unusable on band 25 and 41 during the storms. When it was nice and I was on the beach with the tower in line of sight, speeds on both band 25 and 41 were less then 1mbps.

Same experience I had.

I am now assigned a few days a month to Fort Meade, MD in the Army Reserve.  Poor connectivity and data speeds. :( 

• Like 1

Yeah, their coverage map shows poor coverage there.  Hopefully they'll improve it soon.

• Sad 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By Arysyn
      I know it is a bit early, but since there have been some pretty strong rumors already regarding this device, I figured I'd start a thread for it, just as I did for the LG V20.

I had the LG V20 for a short time last year, and while I anxiously awaited several months for the smartphone, I only had it for a short amount of time after purchasing it when it became available. While I really liked the device for most of its features, one glaring issue I noticed on the few units I tried, was some bad grey uniformity of its LCD screen. Some people didn't notice this issue on theirs, while others did, including me.

That seems to be changing this year though, with the LG V30 heavily rumored to be featuring an OLED screen. As this will be LG manufacturing the OLED screens, rather than Samsung, its quite likely not to be the Pentile variety. The only reason I prefer LCD to OLED, is in my dislike only for the Pentile variety of OLED that has been present on a majority of OLED smartphone displays.

Not having Pentile means I finally will be able to say I prefer OLED to LCD. All except for the image retention and burn-in risks I've been reading may soon become a thing of the past, at least in regards to LG's OLED technology. Personally, despite the investment Samsung has made in AMOLED, I believe there is a possibility Samsung may end up switching to QLED for smartphone displays once they become the emissive-style technology, without the LCD panel involved.

In the meantime, it'll be interesting to pay attention regarding the LG OLED vs Samsung AMOLED feud in smartphones coming up later this year. Oh, and besides the LG V30 showcasing OLED in a single display format, rumors are there will be two OLED displays involved. One for the main screen, and another for the quick launch controls. I'll make another post in this thread with links here soon.
    • By DesotoTyler
      The 850 MHz LTE Sprint network is so congested in De Soto MO. I also have proof on my SDR Radio.
       My SDR Radio can only show 1.920 MHz of the 5 MHz wide LTE Signal.

• By danlodish345
      hey guys i am due for a upgrade today....i am curious on the opinions of others of what phone is a great phone... any opinions are welcome !