Network Vision/LTE - Baltimore Market (including Annapolis/East Shore)

lequonrobinson

Baltimore RootMetrics report is out. Sprint still in last unfortunately but the results do look accurate. Median download actually decreased from 9Mbps when they tested in Janurary to 8.3Mbps now.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/baltimore-md/2015/1H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baltimore RootMetrics report is out. Sprint still in last unfortunately but the results do look accurate. Median download actually decreased from 9Mbps when they tested in Janurary to 8.3Mbps now.

Baltimore needs 2xCA and more B41 deployment in order to advance.

• Like 1

Baltimore needs 2xCA and more B41 deployment in order to advance.

I have been in Baltimore several times in the last 3 weeks. I saw a whole bunch of band 41. I was probably on Band 41 more than band 25 & 26 combined. I would suspect that Root Metrics did some of the testing before the big push to turn up Band 41 happened. Baltimore is getting better.   Baltimore had a bunch of Clearwire sites so at least some good backhaul might have been there.

• Like 1

There all time lot new band 41 but need faster backhaul and optimize new sites .lot band 41 i get 30 mbps.all sites 8n belaie md vand 41 couple on 95 and rt 1 live .

Where do you see the Sprint download speed? Is there a way to view the full report?

Before the iPhone 6 was released (adding band 41 to iPhones)....band 41 sites would easily top 50Mbps in Baltimore...anymore, they are below 20Mbps or even 10Mbps in congested areas. Which is still excellent, band 26 or 25 would be 2G speeds without band 41 around.

B41 is a testament to Son's forward thinking. He knew it was the only way sprint could survive. I'm not sure the old board would have considered it necessary, and we would be seeing data rankings in the 70s and 80s on root metrics despite a nearly complete lte network.

B41 is a testament to Son's forward thinking. He knew it was the only way sprint could survive. I'm not sure the old board would have considered it necessary, and we would be seeing data rankings in the 70s and 80s on root metrics despite a nearly complete lte network.

Isn't B41 a testament to Dan Hesse's forward thinking? Son's big help is undoing the "we suck" attitude.

I was thinking of the clear acquisition and price war with dish when softbank bought sprint.

SoftBank wouldn't have followed through without band 41, it was essential not only to Masa's ambition but his economies of scale. 

Justcame back from baltimore . No new news report. Band 41 average 15 down.none of the clearwire sites have not been upgraded. I see clearwire sites go far ,but 8t8r sites just dont go far at all. Hope sprint got good plan optimized the whole market. I found band 26 not great at all sites, just need fine tuning.

• Like 1

looks like the last site on coastal highway is update nv 1.0 ,no lte yet but soon you will get lte on board walk . ocean city md update.the  sitei is close 12 to 16 street area .

• Like 1

Interesting observation...my band 41 speeds have doubled overnight. Woke up to 50Mbps speeds outside my home (I have better signal on band 41 than normal). I'm on an iPhone 6, so no CA support, but I have to wonder if it's going live here too?

Interesting observation...my band 41 speeds have doubled overnight. Woke up to 50Mbps speeds outside my home (I have better signal on band 41 than normal). I'm on an iPhone 6, so no CA support, but I have to wonder if it's going live here too?

Sounds like the backhaul increase has gone live. Now CA will not be hindered by backhaul.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

It took almost 3 years but the absolutely terrible cell site at the intersection of Rt 40 and Rolling Road has finally received LTE. Went from .02Mbps yesterday to 17Mbps this afternoon. Now THAT'S #gettingbettereveryday.

• Like 1

Sprint's network was completely over burdened in downtown Bel Air today for the parade. Calls incomplete, sms failing...data was not even an option. ????????

I would imagine any COWs in the region are likely staged in downtown Baltimore or DC...which is understandable.

• Like 1

your only have 2 there i think towers near, backhaul ARE not upgrade TO hand all those callers.NONE congested barley hit 25 mbps on band 41 . just ther last weekend.

JIw6Pr1l.pngLte is horrible between 100th street to 1st street on coast highway in oceancity md. I did find new site on 3rd street possible pico cell -75 then two blocks later -100 signal. No band 41 at in the area. Capacity is max out ,could not get faster then 1mbps. Band 26 has strong signal. If i never join this site and started understand lte , i def bail on sprint for poor lte on vacation 4g with 2 g speeds. So if you on vactation at beach dont expect to stream anything u ntil band 41 panels go up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ocean City has enough people to warrant a COW...at least until they can upgrade those towers. No clue what the issue is. Probably the city government.

It's not just Sprint with issues there. Earlier this year I was there with a couple friends that had AT&T, they had no service throughout our hotel while I had a decent 3G signal. Now I wouldn't call it a good 3G signal because it wasn't going over 0.3Mbps, but at least it was there.

Also... CA in Baltimore!?? Has anyone actually confirmed this?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Was exploring towers in upper md today i found new site at white marsh def sprint band 25 panels . This was on power line tower . Looks like clearwire site going bye bye across the road off 95.

• Like 2

Was exploring towers in upper md today i found new site at white marsh def sprint band 25 panels . This was on power line tower . Looks like clearwire site going bye bye across the road off 95.

This is great news! The mall has terrible service inside, hopefully a closer tower will help.