Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Is the nexus 5 and 6 capable of carrier aggregation

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nope.

Nexus 5.

If you had a CA capable device, you'd likely see speeds around 30Mbps. Instead, you are just seeing the second carrier which has speeds similar to the first carrier. Not really a speed boost... but certainly a capacity boost.

Is it capable of just 10mhz band 41

Nope.

AJ

Is it capable of just 10mhz band 41

Where did you come up with 10MHz?

OK and I m planing to visit Manhattan very soon...particularly times square ....how's the coverage and speeds there

Wrong thread....

OK and I m planing to visit Manhattan very soon...particularly times square ....how's the coverage and speeds there

This is the Philadelphia thread.  Ask the New York thread.

AJ

Im sure you are aware that the N5 does not support CA.

So it's all about capacity for you, not peak speed.

Correct, I figured if the tower was under-load it would give better speeds though. Which it is clearly doing. :) I am planning on getting a new phone soon but I just don't like anything out right now it's all junk.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else just experience an issue for about 10-15 minutes I literally had no service for that time I was on LTE texting my girlfriend and then nothing. She's a few miles away and experienced the same issue on a totally different tower.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueAngel

Did anyone else just experience an issue for about 10-15 minutes I literally had no service for that time I was on LTE texting my girlfriend and then nothing. She's a few miles away and experienced the same issue on a totally different tower.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Mine was about 30 seconds, that I noticed. I was on WiFi and all of a sudden a message popped up that said there was no network and did I want to switch to global mode. I pressed no and then a few seconds later 3G came back.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was about 30 seconds, that I noticed. I was on WiFi and all of a sudden a message popped up that said there was no network and did I want to switch to global mode. I pressed no and then a few seconds later 3G came back.

network repairs?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Went down i95 from princeton nj back to delaware notice more sprint band 41 now then clear wire max speeds 35mbps to 10mbps on 2 carriers . Not bad but sprint needs to work more to ever compete with other 3 cell carriers.

• 7 months later...

Was in philly this past weekend and noticed these all along market street at almost every corner. Any idea who these belong too. Also noticed my hotel, The Westin, had a Verizon DAS in it. 

qEiHHXd.jpg

• Like 2

Was in philly this past weekend and noticed these all along market street at almost every corner. Any idea who these belong too. Also noticed my hotel, The Westin, had a Verizon DAS in it. 

hmm Sprint maybe doing a small cell rollout